Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2021, 10:51 AM

46,957 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Ultimately, a reasonable person doesn't feel the need to grandstand his or her sexual preference, regardless of what that preference might be.
That's a very easy stance to take when you're in the privileged group not facing discrimination over your sexual orientation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2021, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno Dweller View Post
LGBTQ Pride Month: Don't you dare say we need 'straight pride'

We need Straight Pride, there, I said it.
Do tell us of the discrimination and persecution you have fought to overcome due to your status as straight.

Old 07-01-2021, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
straight white males are treated as second class citizens.
We are? I haven't noticed.

Old 07-01-2021, 10:59 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,301,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
When have straight people been made to feel ashamed of their sexual preference or gender identity?
What kind of a homophobic bigot calls it a "preference" in 2021?

Old 07-01-2021, 11:15 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
What kind of a homophobic bigot calls it a "preference" in 2021?
A bit harsh no?

She not a homophobic bigot.

Sexual preference is an old term, yes, but I don't get upset when I encounter it, I explain why it's really not used anymore.

Being overly sensitive is not a good look.

Old 07-01-2021, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Do tell us of the discrimination and persecution you have fought to overcome due to your status as straight.
They might start with fashion sense.

I know, low blow...but hey I'm in a mood and it's JUST a joke.

Old 07-01-2021, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
They might start with fashion sense.

I know, low blow...but hey I'm in a mood and it's JUST a joke.
Don't make me LOL on this boring Zoom call, please. Buy yeah, there is that. I'm definitely a victim of hetero male fashion sense - as are my surroundings.

Old 07-01-2021, 11:30 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
ones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
you have to be a real special person to see a gay parade and get so jealous you need to throw your own.

I mean.. why the hell were they watching a gay parade in the first place?
LOL! And all the more ironic that the 'special' folks doing all the complaining, are often the ones most 'proud' of their own claim-to-fame... likewise 'achieved' simply by way of birth (aka, White Pride, "Diversity Equals White Genocide", "Take Back Our Country", etc.)?!

Old 07-01-2021, 01:06 PM

25,742 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That's a very easy stance to take when you're in the privileged group not facing discrimination over your sexual orientation.
My sexual activity takes place behind closed doors. I feel no need to make others aware of it, what it consists of, or who it involves.

I get that there have been/are tough guys who beat on homosexuals. But there have been tough guys that beat on blacks, whites, men, women, and whoever else for one reason or another. That's because there are bad people in this world who like to do crappy things. And jerks are going to be jerks. But the average person, while not agreeing with everything that everyone does, largely doesn't care what you do. They only start caring when they are constantly bombarded with grandstanding. And most, I would assume, are annoyed by it. Rubbing people's noses in whatever "cause" has NEVER been a successful strategy to change anything.

Old 07-01-2021, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
My sexual activity takes place behind closed doors. I feel no need to make others aware of it, what it consists of, or who it involves.

I get that there have been/are tough guys who beat on homosexuals. But there have been tough guys that beat on blacks, whites, men, women, and whoever else for one reason or another. That's because there are bad people in this world who like to do crappy things. And jerks are going to be jerks. But the average person, while not agreeing with everything that everyone does, largely doesn't care what you do. They only start caring when they are constantly bombarded with grandstanding. And most, I would assume, are annoyed by it. Rubbing people's noses in whatever "cause" has NEVER been a successful strategy to change anything.
You feel no need, because you feel no discrimination.

Celebrating ones self is not rubbing people noses in it.

I'm amazed that some here can't wrap their heads around why there are parades and that if gay people would just be quiet, everything would be fine.

Except we KNOW that is not true. Being quiet NEVER got anyone anything in the human rights department.

EDIT: I should add that most people keep their sexual activity behind closed doors. What jumps into people minds when they know someone is straight or gay is theirs and theirs alone. What people find difficult to keep behind closed doors is who they love. You, I'm fairly certain do not hide who you love. It would be a gargantuan task to do so. Same with gay people.

Last edited by Natnasci; 07-01-2021 at 02:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies