Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 06:14 AM

78,730 posts, read 60,918,909 times

Advertisements

I've been around jews, muslims, christians, gays, blacks, whites, browns, left, right, center... blah blah blah blah blah.

There is only one universal constant involved when there is a case of hatred of an entire other race, gender, religion etc. and that is the hater.

The most common characteristic of the hater is rationalization which takes many forms like citing numbers on why some group is worse to make their hate look "logical", cite religion (hey god said so or that there isn't one or they have the wrong one), make up excuses that it's *ok* for them to be that way because someone did it to them, trust the government stories about some bad other group and so on and so forth.

Old 06-03-2021, 07:17 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,485,131 times
I have not had many "real" interactions with Jews (meaning working with them or going to school with them to the point that I knew that they were Jewish -- maybe six in all -- but I have never had an unpleasant experience with them. In my opinion, Jews are above average in intelligence and courtesy and being the kind of people I would like to have as friends, neighbors, and co-workers.

Old 06-03-2021, 12:13 PM

35,320 posts, read 17,217,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The most common characteristic of the hater is rationalization which takes many forms like citing numbers on why some group is worse to make their hate look "logical", cite religion (hey god said so or that there isn't one or they have the wrong one), make up excuses that it's *ok* for them to be that way because someone did it to them, trust the government stories about some bad other group and so on and so forth.
At least in this country the "haters" are usually life's losers. I would not consider most of the people on either side of Charlottesville to be particularly "fine people" or successful people in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I have not had many "real" interactions with Jews (meaning working with them or going to school with them to the point that I knew that they were Jewish -- maybe six in all -- but I have never had an unpleasant experience with them. In my opinion, Jews are above average in intelligence and courtesy and being the kind of people I would like to have as friends, neighbors, and co-workers.
Thank you. I believe that's quite true if you leave out the ultra-Orthodox and Chasidim. Some, not all of them consider their status as being devout to justify behavior that is beyond the pale.

Old 06-03-2021, 12:31 PM

727 posts, read 305,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Can only recall a couple times. I have had several moderately negative experience with the same Ultra Orthodox Jewish man. He buys stuff to send to Israel. This includes ex floor model electronics and appliances which are subject to negotiation. Except he does it to the extreme.

Excessively cheap and starts at like 1/4 of the half off the item already is and wants to play the negotiation game forever. Then he wants to negotiate prices on new items (accessories) which are not negotiated and WILL NOT GO THE HELL AWAY after even like 5 to 8 "no" answers. Usually I saw him before he saw me so I hid so someone else will get stuck with him. A couple times though...

He seemed to think that the $20 I would earn for two hours of work which will screw up all my metrics like profit percent, credit usage, service which he never did...

He IS an outlier but is every stereotype there is about being Jewish.

Then you get issues like East Ramapo Central School District and Lakewood NJ Jewish welfare fraud. Still outliers.
Yeah they are real pieces of work in Lakewood. I have had some bad encounters there. Even though I speak Hebrew fluently if you aren't Hasidic, you are an outsider. Not all Jews are like that I might add.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies