Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 12:30 PM

727 posts, read 304,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
I think kids learn it in the home. I was raised with no exposure to any of these derogatory terms, Jew, n word ****, ****, mick, hunky, on and on. I didn't know what they meant when I heard kids at school or playmates use them.

We moved to the midwest when I was a teen, at school I heard a number of guys (not girls, only guys) use the word Jew in a derogatory way. I doubt any of them had ever met a Jew or knew what a Jew was, only that Henry Ford didn't like them. For whatever reason, probably no reason.

Learned at home and hearth.
That's a good point. I would like to think that most kids can think for themselves. Being subjected to that and actually going to school and encountering and not seeing the taught stereotype would mitigate that.

Old 06-02-2021, 12:32 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,767,887 times
The more important question is How much Anti-Semitism is born out of Biden's People?

Old 06-02-2021, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
The more important question is How much Anti-Semitism is born out of Biden's People?
A fair amount. Too much.

Old 06-02-2021, 12:36 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightZeroTX View Post
People have the absolutely have the right to have a negative opinion on Israeli policy however if it rises to hostility to or prejudice against Jewish people, then that is anti-semitism.

I am talking about quoting Hitler, praising Hitler, making veiled genocidal innuendos, etc.

No one said there's a cure for stupid.

Old 06-02-2021, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post

Quote:
A fair amount. Too much.

Oh please do expound on that otherwise unsupported by fact allegation.

Old 06-02-2021, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Oh please do expound on that otherwise unsupported by fact allegation.
I would consider Ilhan Omar, AOC, and Talib as part of Biden's administration would not? No, you can't fix stupid, but the world Holocaust, Nazi, Hitler are often being touted around to the point where people are lessening the meaning behind it.

Old 06-02-2021, 12:46 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,375,109 times
Quote:
I would consider Ilhan Omar, AOC, and Talib as part of Biden's administration would not? No, you can't fix stupid, but the world Holocaust, Nazi, Hitler are often being touted around to the point where people are lessening the meaning behind it.
Uh, no.

What White House positions do they hold? They certainly aren't members of the current Cabinet.

That's as looney as saying Louie Gohmert or Madison Cawthorn were part of Trump's administration.

Old 06-02-2021, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Uh, no.

What White House positions do they hold? They certainly aren't members of the current Cabinet.

That's as looney as saying Louie Gohmert or Madison Cawthorn were part of Trump's administration.
Are they not working in unison with the current administration? Guilt by association.

Old 06-02-2021, 12:49 PM

Quote:

WHY? They were elected by the people of their states. WHAT positions do they hold in the administration?

And as far as the word holocaust losing its impact, how would you explain the word holodomor never having any despite it representing Stalin's murder of as many people as Hitler ever murdered? America's desire to hide the works of an 'ally' or something else?

Old 06-02-2021, 12:58 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,375,109 times
Quote:
Are they not working in unison with the current administration? Guilt by association.
"Working in unison" on what, specifically?

Even if true, that does not make them part of the administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies