Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 05:38 PM

14,845 posts, read 8,262,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Israel doesn't want to just exist. They want it all and then some.
I'm sure some Cherokee chief said this once upon a time about someone else.

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must." - Thucydides
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2021, 05:38 PM

727 posts, read 306,928 times
Quote:
No, that is your personal opinion and disdain for Israel which I don't agree with but you have the right to feel how you feel.

Old 05-20-2021, 05:41 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,916,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightZeroTX View Post
No, that is your personal opinion and disdain for Israel which I don't agree with but you have the right to feel how you feel.
My opinion has nothing to do with the information that is out there about Israel's conflicts over the years. Avail yourself or not. Doesn't matter to me.

Old 05-20-2021, 05:42 PM

727 posts, read 306,928 times
Quote:
My opinion has nothing to do with the information that is out there about Israel's conflicts over the years. Avail yourself or not. Doesn't matter to me.
Information from where? It doesn't matter to me either. I said what I said, I don't have to time to educate ignorant people. At least if I am wrong about something I research why. You should try it sometime.

Old 05-20-2021, 05:58 PM

14,845 posts, read 8,262,010 times
Quote:
To be fair, Israel really does want everything. We all do. Israel isn't going to give up an inch unless forced, and they'll "settle" anything they can get away with. That's just reality. Israel looks nothing like the 1947 UN partition plan, and Israel would never in a million years agree to those borders today.

Israel is just pursuing its national interests. I'm not even convinced Israel wants peace, because that would put an end to the settlements. Someone posted a video the other day of a Jew claiming that all the Jewish newspapers talk about is war. Who Israel and/or America needs to go to war with next. They really really want a war with Iran. Netanyahu has been begging America to go to war with Iran for like 30 years. Claiming the entire time that Iran will have a nuke any day now.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 05-20-2021 at 06:28 PM..

Old 05-20-2021, 06:01 PM

17,608 posts, read 9,399,362 times
Quote:
Information from where? It doesn't matter to me either. I said what I said, I don't have to time to educate ignorant people. At least if I am wrong about something I research why. You should try it sometime.
Leftists are ALL about Emotion and what they hear in their Echo Chambers.
You can drag a Jack Rear to water, but no way to force them to drink.

Old 05-20-2021, 06:04 PM

18,943 posts, read 8,578,631 times
Quote:
..and the rest of them? The ones still claiming Israel is on their land?....what do they want

Old 05-20-2021, 06:06 PM

34,292 posts, read 17,389,977 times
Quote:
Hamas does not want piece. The Palestinian people don't have a say in this conflict. But Israel has the right to exist and the right to defend herself, at all costs.
, and we need to not interfere in that process.

Old 05-20-2021, 06:13 PM

19,331 posts, read 17,296,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
And yet he has served as the Prime Minister of Israel continuously since 2009, without interruption.
I guess times are changing and this time he didn't win....

Old 05-20-2021, 06:25 PM

18,549 posts, read 15,388,540 times
Quote:
That is a bold statement considering history. They gave Egypt back a piece of land 3 times the size of the current Israel, in exchange for peace.

They offered the Palestinians all of Gaza, all of the West Bank, and, And, AND, East Jerusalem, to form their own state in exchange for peace. All Arafat had to do was sign on the dotted line. Instead, he chose an intifada.

They are never going to be offered a better deal than that, but they threw it all away because that would have meant they recognize Israel's right to exist. That would have meant giving up the hope that they would one day have ALL of Israel.

The day they did that, was the day Israel lost hope of a 2 state solution. So here we are.

Arafat's widow has made statements that this was Arafat's biggest mistake. And she is right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies