Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 12:57 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
Must be white supremacy rearing its ugly head again.
Damn white people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2021, 02:22 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
He's a monster. I'm sure the prisoners will know what to do about him.

Old 05-20-2021, 02:47 PM

121 posts, read 41,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
After stories about Black on Asian violence in the Bay Area, I'm starting to question if this is a good idea.
I'm hearing more Asians up there are embracing Republicans because of this.

Old 05-20-2021, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanRubbish View Post
I'm hearing more Asians up there are embracing Republicans because of this.
Well, just the same, as a Black man, I have to wonder if it would be a good idea for me to go live there. The Black population in the Bay Area is in decline. Now, I'll play devil's advocate for a moment. Some people would think "the fewer Blacks, the better". Instead, more incidents like this are happening. Let's just say I have to wonder what kind of reputation I'll have to deal with because of this. I've already heard from one person saying that the Bay Area is a hot mess.

As a side note, I don't see the amount of Blacks voting Republican going up in significant numbers anytime soon, regardless of income or religion.

Old 05-20-2021, 03:28 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
What's the monster effect....that she was raped or her age and ethnicity?

Jumping to the chase, this is one of the other reasons why I despise L&O:SVU.......it leads us to believe that some victims are more deserving of police response than others.........or that some do not deserve as much attention.

To me, a crime is a crime regardless of what identifiers can be said of the victim.

Old 05-20-2021, 03:41 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
What's the monster effect....that she was raped or her age and ethnicity?

Jumping to the chase, this is one of the other reasons why I despise L&O:SVU.......it leads us to believe that some victims are more deserving of police response than others.........or that some do not deserve as much attention.

To me, a crime is a crime regardless of what identifiers can be said of the victim.
Funny how perp and victims race and sex make the difference in reporting and coverage. Media sucks

Old 05-20-2021, 06:25 PM

31,068 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Well, just the same, as a Black man, I have to wonder if it would be a good idea for me to go live there. The Black population in the Bay Area is in decline. Now, I'll play devil's advocate for a moment. Some people would think "the fewer Blacks, the better". Instead, more incidents like this are happening. Let's just say I have to wonder what kind of reputation I'll have to deal with because of this. I've already heard from one person saying that the Bay Area is a hot mess.

As a side note, I don't see the amount of Blacks voting Republican going up in significant numbers anytime soon, regardless of income or religion.
But Trump gained millions of minorities votes including Black and Latino groups against Biden, compared to his Run against Hillary. He really only lost White Male voters and Japanese according to most exit polls.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...no-republicans

Old 05-20-2021, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
But Trump gained millions of minorities votes including Black and Latino groups against Biden, compared to his Run against Hillary. He really only lost White Male voters and Japanese according to most exit polls.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...no-republicans
Blacks still vote Democrat to the tune of 88-90%. What does any of this have to do with anything I said regarding possibly living in the Bay Area, amid some of the crap that's been going on?

Old 05-20-2021, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Blacks still vote Democrat to the tune of 88-90%. What does any of this have to do with anything I said regarding possibly living in the Bay Area, amid some of the crap that's been going on?
Eh, your the one who stated "blacks not voting Republicans in any significant numbers"? My response was that there is a significant # of black people voting for Trump vs. His run with Hillary. Not enough to overcome white men backing Biden though

Anyway, the people attacking and killing Asian people on the street are crazy, regardless of whether they are black, white or other. Getting violent people off the street is the solution

Old 05-20-2021, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Funny how perp and victims race and sex make the difference in reporting and coverage. Media sucks
Our media only points out race when the attacker is White. The media heads are truly the Instigators in all of this. Why they do this is beyond me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies