Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2021, 09:25 AM

25,852 posts, read 18,882,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Biden economy is a disaster
I think that is a fair assessment that will become increasingly clear as the months go by and the stomachs start to growl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2021, 09:27 AM

850 posts, read 512,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
It's not good for any of us if the economy crashes. No matter how much I dislike a president, I don't want our economy to suffer.
I agree. A lot of people want to see it happen just to “own the libs.”

Old 05-08-2021, 09:30 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,878,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRiverTraveler View Post
This is, at the core, probably the most disturbing trend in politics at the moment. Instead of taking a "I'll compromise so that the nation gets the best deal for everyone," we get "I would rather see the nation die than compromise."

Old 05-08-2021, 10:53 AM

30,195 posts, read 11,840,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
As should have been apparent to anyone with IQ above 50.... paying people to sit at home and not work, isn't going to be a good thing.

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-seizes-...165700362.html

Is Trump going to get the blame here?

I have never seen so many help wanted signs on businesses as a I do now. We need to cut off the long term unemployed and tell them to get a job. They will when sitting on their butts and getting paid for it goes away.

Old 05-08-2021, 12:04 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,109,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRiverTraveler View Post
Except Biden is the reason why the economy will not recover. By constantly giving handouts and promoting doom and gloom about the virus and no clarity on when a schools can reopen and other restrictions end, what do you expect?

Old 05-08-2021, 12:09 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,995,137 times
Well, who can blame anyone? Why go to work for LESS PAY just to make some corporate execs even more rich? Makes no sense to do that when you can be paid more for sitting at home

Old 05-08-2021, 12:11 PM

10,126 posts, read 7,792,278 times
We have more than 3 years left for Biden to run us into the ground. He's just getting started.

Y'all cheated him into office so enjoy it. Hide your cash under your mattress and good luck with everything else.

There is no way that the GOP doesn't take the house and senate in 2022. People are sick of Biden and when I say Biden, I mean the people that are telling him what to do.

Old 05-08-2021, 12:14 PM

30,470 posts, read 19,224,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Sadly we are not talking about a recession. They printed trillions of dollars....sooner or later the markets will react to the fact that our currency has no value. Collapse is coming...not 2008, not even 1929, something much worse. We are talking about the destruction of our system. What will follow that is the collapse and breakup of this already very divided country. The 2022 elections do not matter....we are done for as a country.
I actually agree with you. We are on the same path as Venezuela. When full scale Communism is implemented, Mexico might finish Trump's Wall to keep out the Americans and I wouldn't blame them.

Old 05-08-2021, 12:18 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,053,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Except Biden is the reason why the economy will not recover. By constantly giving handouts and promoting doom and gloom about the virus and no clarity on when a schools can reopen and other restrictions end, what do you expect?
Who is predicting doom and gloom. I' hearing positive messages.

More jobs could have been added in April but we will know better at the end of May and June what is going on.

I know here in Charleston SC there is a shortage of employees but restaurant and hospitality have been complaining about that for 7 years.

Article from 2014 Post and Courier
Even allowing for the seasonal nature of Charleston’s hospitality economy, the numbers are a stark measure of the formidable staffing obstacles now faced by local restaurants. And with 50 new restaurants opening in 2014, the problem is daily becoming more acute.

https://www.postandcourier.com/food/...789f5a6c3.html

(note --- the article will probably be behind a paywall -- dang newspapers they don't want to hand out their stuff for free -- you would think they need ot make money or something).

That was 7 years ago that article. Before the pandemic Charleston did not see a slow down in growth in the food & Beverage/hospitality industry. More restaurants, more breweries, more hotels were added and the shortages became more acute.

Now with a rush on staff for these facilities we are reminded of how acute that shortage was.

If you blame Biden -- you are giving him some godly powers.

It seems the doom and gloom the conservatives are feeling is because the economy is recovering and the supply of employees, materials for building, gas.....etc...can't meet the demand. It will take time to rev up again.

Old 05-08-2021, 12:20 PM

15,870 posts, read 6,569,892 times
Mmm, we're still in a pandemic and people are being cautious. Is it a disaster? No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies