Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 01:35 PM

7,520 posts, read 4,391,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Maybe the heat the OP is referring to is having to come up with ways to cover up the incompetence of the president? I can see that being an overwhelming job. Lol.
That would be true if reporters would even ask such questions. But unless anyone's been living on Pluto they would at least understand by now that the national news media is nothing more than the propaganda arm of the Democrat Party, their stooges and sycophants.

Maybe she's afraid that Peter Doocy may get a chance to ask some serious questions in the not too distant future? Or it could be that she may have a conscience after all and doesn't want to be associated with such a corrupt administration and their cronies? I don't think that we'll ever get the answer to that? They all say that they want to be closer to their families and children as a reason for stepping down.

Quote:
Joe Biden snubs Fox News’ Peter Doocy and his ‘binder full of ...
https://meaww.com/peter-doocy-fox-ne...-march-25-2021
Mar 25, 2021 · President Joe Biden held his first-ever press conference earlier on March 25, 65 days after being sworn in. The nearly hour-long conference saw the president take questions for multiple reporters, but Fox News' Peter Doocy was not one of them. Doocy claimed to have a "binder full of questions" for Biden but did not get to ask a single one.

Fox's Peter Doocy snubbed at first Biden press conference
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ce/ar-BB1eY8Da
Mar 25, 2021 · President Biden offered no questions to Fox News's Peter Doocy at his first on-air press conference since taking office on Thursday, drawing criticism from Doocy and other Fox personalities. ©...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2021, 01:35 PM

7,690 posts, read 8,783,109 times
Will she circle back?

Old 05-07-2021, 01:36 PM

19,998 posts, read 9,544,261 times
Well, if it wasn't for the fact that she voluntarily accepted the position, I would feel sorry for her.

I think most people would find it very stressful to constantly have to lie about a situation, or to insist that what was evident to most intelligent people was not real.

Old 05-07-2021, 01:38 PM

20,878 posts, read 8,692,571 times
If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Old 05-07-2021, 01:42 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,732,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
She has said this from the beginning. Right when Biden was elected and she was appointed, she was pretty clear that she would only do it for one year.
Yeah, if it was because she "couldn't take the heat" you would think that she would be talking about leaving in a week or month, not a whole freaking year.

Old 05-07-2021, 01:43 PM

37,166 posts, read 42,353,577 times
It's a tough job these days and I'll even say it's tougher on women, especially if they have young kids. There is only so much stress a person can take and still do all the things they have to/want to do well.

Old 05-07-2021, 01:49 PM

30,707 posts, read 80,071,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Take the heat? She is in a protective bubble compared to Trump’s press secretaries. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t fault her. I’m sure the number of hours each day prepping etc have to be enormous. One life, one family. Spend time in a way that matters most to you.
She knows what is coming.

Old 05-07-2021, 01:52 PM

3,976 posts, read 2,007,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
She knows what is coming.
Could be. There has been other recent bailouts with suddenly important but "fluid" timelines.....

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...-stepping-down

Old 05-07-2021, 01:54 PM

57,405 posts, read 26,403,281 times
Stepping down a year from now, rather premature thread. I would have hoped she would stay at least two years. It's one of the toughest jobs and she has handled it quite well but it's very demanding but she is very capable and classy. Nice to see the press conferences return to normalcy after 4 years of what amounted to a food fight.

Trump had 4 press secretaries in 4 years, Sanders was the only one that made it through a year but she sometimes went months without a press conference, Spicer resigned after 6 months and although Grisham was on the books for almost a year she was in the White House protection program almost never had a press conference.

Psaki seems like she has a press conference every day, quite the contrast to the Trump administration. Very professional and she's not leaving until next year.

Old 05-07-2021, 01:57 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,324,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Stepping down a year from now, rather premature thread. I would have hoped she would stay at least two years. It's one of the toughest jobs and she has handled it quite well but it's very demanding but she is very capable and classy. Nice to see the press conferences return to normalcy after 4 years of what amounted to a food fight.

Trump had 4 press secretaries in 4 years, Sanders was the only one that made it through a year but she sometimes went months without a press conference, Spicer resigned after 6 months and although Grisham was on the books for almost a year she was in the White House protection program almost never had a press conference.

Psaki seems like she has a press conference every day, quite the contrast to the Trump administration. Very professional and she's not leaving until next year.
I too hope she stays and doesn’t “circle back”. She’s very entertaining to watch and easily flustered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies