Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 09:18 PM

2,053 posts, read 786,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Biden wasn't my first (or second) choice for president, I still voted for him. Trump was so destructive to this country, voting for Biden was still the clear choice.
From my perspective, it was the lefts and the establishments reaction to everything Trump that was destructive.

He didn’t always handle himself well, but the majority of his time was spent pushing back and reacting to the destructive forces.

Trump had good ideas, and did some ok things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2021, 09:25 PM

4,531 posts, read 1,800,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Prove me wrong. It’s always “at least they aren’t Trump!” With the people who try to stick up for them.
I have always liked Biden. I like Harris too, and would have voted for her over Biden.

-Proved you wrong.

Old 05-01-2021, 09:31 PM

4,531 posts, read 1,800,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
From my perspective, it was the lefts and the establishments reaction to everything Trump that was destructive.

He didn’t always handle himself well, but the majority of his time was spent pushing back and reacting to the destructive forces.

Trump had good ideas, and did some ok things.
They were destructive because he has an incredibly thin skin. Biden is attacked all the time, as was Obama. All Presidents are criticized/attacked by both the opposing party, and the Press. But rather than punch back at every perceived sleight, they chose their battles carefully. Trump spent his whole Presidency fighting everyone and everything, regardless of party affiliation… starting with the crowd size at his inauguration. It would have been much wiser to ignore most of it, and pick the battles that he NEEDED to win.

Old 05-01-2021, 09:32 PM

552 posts, read 226,845 times
Very pleased with president Biden and what he is doing.

Proved you wrong.

Old 05-01-2021, 09:36 PM

6,422 posts, read 4,158,756 times
Going back to the OP's point, I would rather have an unpopular president than a president with fanatics as supporters.

Old 05-01-2021, 09:40 PM

15,953 posts, read 12,409,720 times
That's pretty obvious by the low ratings his speeches get. All these "voters" assuming they were real, many of them were just voting against Trump.

Old 05-01-2021, 10:25 PM

38,922 posts, read 24,085,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
I wonder how many folks who support, "I won't have some old guy in government telling me what to do with my body!" when speaking of pro-abortion will also support, "I won't have some old guy in government telling me what to do with my body!" when speaking about not wanting to get the vaccine.
Sadly there is a LOT of "My body, my choice" rhetoric regarding the use of vaccine, regardless of what one we talk about. Many of those that use that are the type who want these heartbeat abortion bills. Then when people ask for social services related to the child whether we talk welfare or special needs, they say we don't have the money for it, you should be able to provide as a parent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I’m not a woman, but I’m consistent. I support both of those ‘leave the government out of it’ positions.
I think vaccination, especially for debilitating or deadly diseases is a "your rights end where mine begins" issue that trumps "leave gubmint out of it" ideals. I mean one look at that Spanish case where one work intentionally coughed near co-workers and got 20+ people sick with the virus. Should you not vaccinate for a legitimate and documented reason like allergies to the active ingredient or that one person who still has a headache from the first COVID shot, then your right to not get the shot is null and void to everyone else. Not vaccinating, isn't a victimless "leave gubmint" out issue like abortion is.

Old 05-01-2021, 11:22 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,871,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
I have always liked Biden. I like Harris too, and would have voted for her over Biden.

-Proved you wrong.
You are likely just saying that because you hate Trump. Let’s say Trump didn’t exist. I doubt you would be saying this.

Old 05-01-2021, 11:24 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,871,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerrose View Post
Very pleased with president Biden and what he is doing.

Proved you wrong.
How do I know you aren’t just saying that? You didn’t prove anything. Was Biden really your choice in the primaries? Are you able to judge him WITHOUT thinking of Trump?

Old 05-01-2021, 11:28 PM

38,922 posts, read 24,085,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
How do I know you aren’t just saying that? You didn’t prove anything. Was Biden really your choice in the primaries? Are you able to judge him WITHOUT thinking of Trump?
Why must someone be "your choice" during the primaries? I mean wasn't Trump not every conservatives choice in 2015/6?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies