Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 05:17 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,707,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyinthesky444 View Post
I see the usual liars and haters are back, scrabbling around for any fibs they can come up with to divert from Biden's budget madness, class warfare, and catastrophe at the border. We can probably expect more of this, since Biden has blown so many holes in the good ship "economy" or "illegal immigration" that they cannot possibly save the ship any longer. Alternate diversions are now desperately needed by the Biden administration... barely 2 months into his term.

Of course, that's not her position at all. Doesn't matter that the usual haters immediately swallow the lie whole. Have you even read the documents you linked to, or the statements of the person on Twitter who reported them?

I thought not.

The twitter person said:

In other words, though her sources were unreliable (as expected), the conclusions she drew and the accusations she made are in fact true.

If a lawyer was required to prove the perfect factuality of every word he said in court BEFORE making a complaint, he'd never be able to make ANY complaint. The very process of a trial, is partly for the lawyer to make his complaint and then back it up, which Powell was fully prepared to do. Especially important in political trials, where speech is protected under the 1st amendment, as this was.

Powell was saying that though she cannot deliver signed, sealed, and delivered proof that every word was incontrovertibly true, she was quite sure the WERE true and she was willing to proceed on that basis.

To no one's surprise, it took a rabid, hate-filled partisan to flatly lie and pretend she said a reasonable person would have known she was not telling the truth.

Surely you can do better. This was one of the more feebly attempts at falsely smearing somebody I've seen in a while.
I hope Sidney Powell agrees with your interpretation. I look forward to her proving her accusations were not fabrications that resulted in harming Dominion because the damages Dominion is claiming start with a B as in billion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2021, 05:30 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,753,593 times
Quote:
I see the usual liars and haters are back, scrabbling around for any fibs they can come up with to divert from Biden's budget madness, class warfare, and catastrophe at the border. We can probably expect more of this, since Biden has blown so many holes in the good ship "economy" or "illegal immigration" that they cannot possibly save the ship any longer. Alternate diversions are now desperately needed by the Biden administration... barely 2 months into his term.

Of course, that's not her position at all. Doesn't matter that the usual haters immediately swallow the lie whole, and chatter and flap their fins together happily. Have you even read the documents you linked to, or the statements of the person on Twitter who reported them?

I thought not.

The twitter person said:

In other words, she said that though her sources were unreliable (as expected), the conclusions she drew and the accusations she made are in fact true.

If a lawyer was required to prove the perfect factuality of every word he said in court BEFORE making a complaint, he'd never be able to make ANY complaint. The very process of a trial, is partly for the lawyer to make his complaint and then back it up, which Powell was fully prepared to do. Especially important in political trials, where speech is protected under the 1st amendment, as this was.

Powell was saying that though she cannot deliver signed, sealed, and delivered proof that every word was incontrovertibly true, she was quite sure the WERE true and she was willing to proceed on that basis.

To no one's surprise, it took a rabid, hate-filled partisan to flatly lie and pretend she said a reasonable person would have known she was not telling the truth.

Surely you can do better. This was one of the more feeble attempts at falsely smearing somebody I've seen in a while.
Winner winner chicken dinner. That didn't take long. Well I'm going to tell the judge that I believed it was TRUE that I was going 55 mph not 85....

Old 03-22-2021, 05:31 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,976,294 times
Quote:
Have you even read the documents you linked to, or the statements of the person on Twitter who reported them?
You mean this?

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...s-dominion.pdf

Page 27:

Quote:
... even assuming, arguendo, that each of the statements alleged in the Complaint could be proved true or false, no reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact.
Quote:
In other words, she said that though her sources were unreliable (as expected), the conclusions she drew and the accusations she made are in fact true.
The exact opposite. She's quite literally saying that her words were not to be considered statements of fact, that she's merely expressing an opinion.

Quote:
Lawyers can state very outlandish theories and be protected from defamation - in the courtroom. Not when speaking to the press.

Old 03-22-2021, 05:54 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,753,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You mean this?

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...s-dominion.pdf

Page 27:

The exact opposite. She's quite literally saying that her words were not to be considered statements of fact, that she's merely expressing an opinion.

Lawyers can state very outlandish theories and be protected from defamation - in the courtroom. Not when speaking to the press.
The three of them purposely embarked on a disinformation campaign at the behest of their boss. The result was millions of people believing her and Dominions business forever damaged. The three stooges used Dominion as a prop to sway public opinion and it blew up in their faces.

Old 03-22-2021, 06:53 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,916 times
Sidney Powell: “No reasonable person would conclude (my) statements were truly statements of fact”

This should be an Onion article ... or an SNL skit. It can't be for real.

Old 03-22-2021, 06:57 PM

4,190 posts, read 2,505,207 times
So she's admitting she filed frivolous law suits? I guess the math is better, the fines won't add up to billions. That she, Giuliani and the pillow-man had access to the Oval Office is scary.

Old 03-22-2021, 07:03 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
So she's admitting she filed frivolous law suits? I guess the math is better, the fines won't add up to billions. That she, Giuliani and the pillow-man had access to the Oval Office is scary.
Indeed.

For a while they had a powerful influence on Mr "ChitPants" Trump. All those knuckleheads congregating together influencing one another with their wildest imaginings in the white house is a disturbing thought.

Old 03-22-2021, 07:04 PM

4,190 posts, read 2,505,207 times
The sad thing is that people still believe her claims. In the end, they were used by would be scammers.

Old 03-22-2021, 07:19 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,707,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Sidney Powell: “No reasonable person would conclude (my) statements were truly statements of fact”

This should be an Onion article ... or an SNL skit. It can't be for real.
She doesn't appear to be good at her job. Her lawsuits were filled with typos, in one lawsuit she misspelled district three different ways. Now she's saying it's everyone else's fault for believing it.

Old 03-22-2021, 07:27 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
She does have a point....

"Determining whether a statement is protected involves a two-step inquiry: Is the statement
one which can be proved true or false? And would reasonable people conclude that the statement
is one of fact, in light of its phrasing, context and the circumstances surrounding its publication.
Keohane, 882 P.2d at 1299. This inquiry is determined as a matter of law. Bucher v. Roberts, 595
P.2d 235, 241 (Colo. 1979) (“Whether a particular statement constitutes fact or opinion is a
question of law.”). Analyzed under these factors, and even assuming, arguendo, that each of the
statements alleged in the Complaint could be proved true or false, no reasonable person would
Case 1:21-cv-00040-CJN Document 22-2 Filed 03/22/21 Page 37 of 54 conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact."

Fact is contrasted by opinion, not truth or falsehood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies