Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 05:16 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,955,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
Maybe much like learning a foreign language, this sort of knowledge is absorbed much more readily when we’re young. Most of us had the privilege of learning at the age of 4 or 5 about germs and transmission and what we were supposed to do to prevent disease. Washing our hands, and covering our mouths when we cough and sneeze.

I’m astounded we have so many adults wandering around who seem to be oblivious to the role the respiratory system plays in disease spread.
Right-
it's common sense, it's rudimentary, it's common knowledge, 4 yr olds understand....

and yet, no one (or almost no one) wore masks during flu season before the scamdemic.

Old 01-30-2021, 05:17 PM

22,537 posts, read 12,105,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Sorry Bubba, I will continue to do the right thing and wear two masks in public...Sad that you believe such nonsense, and it may be fatal for you as well.
Is that what they're telling you in Canada? Wear 2 masks?

Old 01-30-2021, 05:21 PM

17,812 posts, read 7,043,444 times
If I see one more moron walking outside alone, or driving alone, while wearing a mask I’m gonna lose it. Morons!

Old 01-30-2021, 05:31 PM

42,029 posts, read 75,457,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Well, if you come to Chicago, you will notice that like 98 percent of people are masked outdoors... It's crazy..
It's not crazy, it's cold out! I'm appreciating the lack of cold air in my lungs when I'm walking from the parking lot to wherever I'm going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
take your pants off!

that'll show .em..
Or not ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
I’m astounded we have so many adults wandering around who seem to be oblivious to the role the respiratory system plays in disease spread.
An awful lot of people seem to have slept through 5th grade biology.

Old 01-30-2021, 05:33 PM

995 posts, read 513,960 times
To get around the mask requirement in the stores, I wear a face shield. Even in places like Costco, it's an accepted alternative to wearing an actual mask.

For me, masks are extremely uncomfortable and stifling, and the thought of having to wear something on my face just makes my skin crawl. It can also stir up feelings of extreme rage, although I've yet to act out in public. I certainly understand why there are so many violent reactions between mask-nazis and free-facers. I'd love to witness one in person, just so I can throw in my support behind the free-facer (and perhaps prevent physical altercation.)

My biggest fear through this whole thing is that this will go on for years and years, perhaps even forever. I simply cannot cope with living in a masked-up society. It's just not going to work for me.

Next Wednesday, I'm going down the central part of Florida, deep in conservative-land in the hopes of finding a place where masks are optional instead of mandatory. If I find such a place, I might be getting in touch with some local Realtors in the area.

The virus is gonna run, masks or not. In fact, my pet theory that universal masking is actually "teaching" the virus to spread faster and easier, bypassing the flimsy barrier of the mask. Hence, these new worrisome strains they keep talking about. If only they'd just let this thing run its natural course back in the early days, I think we could be talking about the end of this whole thing right about now.

But no, government types and mask-nazi's drunk on power will do anything in their power to keep this nightmare going - possibly for the rest of my days.

Not me, I'll fight this to the grave.

Old 01-30-2021, 05:44 PM

15,940 posts, read 6,643,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
If I see one more moron walking outside alone, or driving alone, while wearing a mask I’m gonna lose it. Morons!
You do know that people wear masks for medical reasons other than COVID-19, right? No need to go all Marjorie Green on their arse.

Old 01-30-2021, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
To get around the mask requirement in the stores, I wear a face shield. Even in places like Costco, it's an accepted alternative to wearing an actual mask.

For me, masks are extremely uncomfortable and stifling, and the thought of having to wear something on my face just makes my skin crawl. It can also stir up feelings of extreme rage, although I've yet to act out in public. I certainly understand why there are so many violent reactions between mask-nazis and free-facers. I'd love to witness one in person, just so I can throw in my support behind the free-facer (and perhaps prevent physical altercation.)

My biggest fear through this whole thing is that this will go on for years and years, perhaps even forever. I simply cannot cope with living in a masked-up society. It's just not going to work for me.

Next Wednesday, I'm going down the central part of Florida, deep in conservative-land in the hopes of finding a place where masks are optional instead of mandatory. If I find such a place, I might be getting in touch with some local Realtors in the area.

The virus is gonna run, masks or not. In fact, my pet theory that universal masking is actually "teaching" the virus to spread faster and easier, bypassing the flimsy barrier of the mask. Hence, these new worrisome strains they keep talking about. If only they'd just let this thing run its natural course back in the early days, I think we could be talking about the end of this whole thing right about now.

But no, government types and mask-nazi's drunk on power will do anything in their power to keep this nightmare going - possibly for the rest of my days.

Not me, I'll fight this to the grave.
May I suggest losing the face shield and joining the good fight? You are just the sort of the person that is needed for the cause.

Old 01-30-2021, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
It's not crazy, it's cold out! I'm appreciating the lack of cold air in my lungs when I'm walking from the parking lot to wherever I'm going.

Or not ...

An awful lot of people seem to have slept through 5th grade biology.
And yet, before Covid19 almost no one wore masks during flu season. Explain that.

Old 01-30-2021, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
You do know that people wear masks for medical reasons other than COVID-19, right? No need to go all Marjorie Green on their arse.
Like Halloween, costume parties, virtue signaling, etc...

Old 01-30-2021, 05:54 PM

995 posts, read 513,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
May I suggest losing the face shield and joining the good fight? You are just the sort of the person that is needed for the cause.
Oh yeah, the face shield is gone once I get my 2nd shot. I've already got "I've been vaccinated" buttons to show the maskers that I'm no longer a risk to them in public.

The question is, how soon can I get the vaccine?

In the meantime, off to Florida I go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies