Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 11:11 PM

828 posts, read 418,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
No, masks show stupidity and subservience, not respect. It's virtue signaling, which is why woke morons love them so much.
So you dont think it is disrespectful to spread your germs, which could kill another person.
You think it is ok to force them on another person.

Would it be ok to spit on someone's face. Which would normally cause less damage, much less kill them?

It is the morons that are ignoring common sense and making this political. Do you ever wonder why doctors have worn mask at times for 100 years. Were they all wrong?

A person not wearing a mask can project the virus germs 12 ft.
But far less with a mask on. We would have still had a virus problem with or without mask. But high risk people would have a much better chance of not getting a death sentence.

Young healthy people dont care because they dont have much risk at all. And dont care about others.

Old 01-30-2021, 11:15 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,685,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
I envy you, my friend. In my locale, the bars are boarded-up, the staff let go, the windows papered-over, the parking lots empty and the lights turned off. I could wear 10 masks and a bunny-suit, and still the bars would remain closed. And there's not a [expletive] thing that we could do about it.
The Republican governor here had the bars and restaurants required to close at 11 pm. But owners went to court and got it repealed in time for New Year's Eve.

I think the government shutting down businesses, schools and colleges has done far, far, more damage to the country's economy and well being than masks could ever do. Among other things, I hated it that I could not go hear the Philadelphia Orchestra perform Beethoven's 9th at the new performing arts center at the university. The whole season was canceled.

Old 01-30-2021, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
No, that's not what you said. You didn't say anything at all about hospitals or death. You said "it's a drag to be sick"; that was the justification you gave for wearing your mask. So according to you, it had nothing to do with risk of hospitalization or death.

Now please, based on what you said, explain why you failed to wear masks during flu seasons prior to Covid19.
Once again, I didn't wear masks during previous flu seasons because my local hospital wasn't full of flu patients with very few of them dying. Besides that I hardly ever get the flu. I'll go by my own experiences with life in helping me decide what to do.

It's a drag to be sick anytime after wearing a mask or not. Can't you agree to that?

Old 01-30-2021, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
....except that's not what you said. You said its a drag to be sick; you didn't say its a drag to be sick with Covid19. If you look at context, it was also clear that the meaning related to your previous experience, NOT your experience with Covid.
Well, I say now of course it would be a drag to be sick with COVID-19. I don't need to casually pick up a rattlesnake to know it's a very stupid and dangerous thing to do.

Old 01-30-2021, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Wearing a mask is not "proven science."
But NOT wearing a mask is proven science?

Old 01-31-2021, 12:20 AM

17,737 posts, read 6,977,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But NOT wearing a mask is proven science?
Listen, you can wear your mask for the rest of your life I don't care. I'll just laugh at your stupidity. The problem we have is you and Karens like you are trying to force everyone else to wear a useless cloth mask because you're scared of getting sick.

You guys need to stay at home in your basements, wearing as many masks as Fauci tells you are needed, and you need to leave everyone else alone.

Old 01-31-2021, 01:03 AM

1,014 posts, read 481,984 times
Please wear your face mask. It is only for your own health. Benefit. Studies show that there is a decrease in germs getting in to your body when face mask are worn. And that your health will increase because of using a face mask. This is just common sense to a health expert.

Old 01-31-2021, 02:49 AM

889 posts, read 273,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Since you are no stranger to cold weather, I know you appreciate when your breath condenses when outdoor upon ever exhale or normal speaking. That’s our respiratory droplets that condense and become visible. Same deal inside or in warmer temps except we can see it.

My state mandates masks. Most big box retailers and grovpcers were doing so before the masks.

Tens of millions throughout the country gathered with friends and family over the protracted holiday season and did so without masking or distancing. And just as CDC projected, Covid spread and the darkest days are upon us.
are they though? so much gloom and doom. get your shot

Old 01-31-2021, 03:56 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,567,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Stores or restaurants wont let you come in without a mas. so what then?
Stores will or so it seems I personally haven’t been in a store that enforces masks.

Restaurants on the other hand do.

Old 01-31-2021, 05:07 AM

4,932 posts, read 2,077,589 times
Do what you feel is right, but respect the rights of stores and business owners... If they say masks, than its masks. If you don’t agree with that then order on-line.

Please don’t be that self serving “Richard” that wants to make a statement by violating the stores masking policy by taking it off within a large group of people.

I’m not going to argue over the mask issue since at times, I do question it, but “I” choose to wear one. COVID-19, the China Flu is real and it has affected my family directly... My order brother past away due to COVID, so IMHO, it’s real. My Ex-wife, who has several health issues was exposed to COVID and basically effected her like a bad flu where diarrhea was the main issue... gallons of ginger and lemon tea, Gator-aid and beef, chicken, vegetables broths and later rice in small amounts until she could keep it in her system for an hour or so. but, she winged it through the exposer in 20 days... Where one of her co-work past away after everybody was exposed.... I jump knee deep int9 her @zz for being careless, but I believe that she now takes this far more serious than she did before.

I’m on the fence with the COVID vaccine, but will most likely get one. In Washington State, I’m pretty much to the rear on the priority line, but being in my mid/late 50s and in basically good health and retiring from my LEO job within 30 days, I feel that I could fight off the COVID if I get infected, but I live by social distancing, wearing a mask and washing my hands as often as possible.

I don’t think this is an US government conspiracy plan, but I do believe that China is at fault and should be held accountable for the poor bio lab controls and not alerting the World of the problem. Also not locking down their country, but instead allow their infected people to fly all over the World, causing it to spread like wildfire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies