Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 01:33 PM

21,596 posts, read 10,748,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
My nephew watched President Trump's last rally last night. According to him (for I did not watch it), Mr. Trump was an hour late. To fill that hour, the loud speakers played Major Tom by David Bowie on a loop. That right there would turn me against the Trump campaign.

Anyway, said nephew said Mr. Trump's speech sounded like a concession speech, stating several times that "I can't believe I'm going to lose to him". The rally did not end until after 1 a.m. I hope those people weren't stranded in the dark.

Did anyone else watch this speech?
Why?

Old 11-03-2020, 01:45 PM

21,999 posts, read 15,851,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
As a woman, I don't think many political women have earned it. Hillary has not. 100% of the credentials she has is related to marring Bill. She is offensive to me as a real woman who has earned every bit of what she has on her own.

It is my experience that men are more than willing to give a woman a chance if they think they have come up the same ranks they have but if they feel the woman is a poser, there for nothing more than having a dress on... they won't vote for them.. no matter what they may say to people.

I think women have to own this fact and stop acting like children throwing a temper tantrum when they don't get their way. Plenty of women have been elected to important positions, Margret Thatcher anyone? You need to earn it. Not just get it because you are a "woman".

I think if the Democrats ran Tulsi Gabbard men would have been lined up around the corner to vote for her. But they didn't. Telling you all you need to know about what the real game is with the democrats and gender.
I think you're completely wrong. If Democrats had run Tulsi, the GOP would have attacked her too. The GOP has LOST ground with Republican women in Congress. Do you really think every male president "earned it"? Come on. The bar is low for men and insurmountable for women. The only reason the GOP put Serena Joy on the Supreme Court is because they took so much pleasure in putting a pro-life Christian in the seat of the iconic and historic RGB. They want to erase that Ruth Bader Ginsberg ever existed.

I grew up in the Church of Christ. I know these people. This is what/how the GOP thinks of women.

How Conservatism Failed Its Women
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...tism-fail.html

But do go on about how women haven't "earned" the right to be president. There are plenty of conservative/Republican women who will fully agree with you that women should remain below the men.

Old 11-03-2020, 01:49 PM

18,025 posts, read 14,033,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Why?
I didn't see the rally last night in Grand Rapids but I saw the first one (on TV) in Michigan that morning and they were playing Major Tom while waiting for Trump to arrive as well.

When Trump got out of the plane and was greeting the crowd it was "Beat It" by Michael Jackson. I guess guys who are dead won't complain about a Republican using their music.

Old 11-03-2020, 02:20 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,658,326 times
In my honest opinion, I think Trump will win the electoral college and Biden wins the popular vote...much larger than HRC. I hope I'm wrong though.

Old 11-03-2020, 02:25 PM

63,917 posts, read 47,087,397 times
My crystal ball has been showing a Trump win, all along, possibly due to mail in ballots.

I don’t support either candidate and, as in 2016, decided which candidate to vote against, in the voting booth.

Old 11-03-2020, 02:26 PM

63,917 posts, read 47,087,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I didn't see the rally last night in Grand Rapids but I saw the first one (on TV) in Michigan that morning and they were playing Major Tom while waiting for Trump to arrive as well.

When Trump got out of the plane and was greeting the crowd it was "Beat It" by Michael Jackson. I guess guys who are dead won't complain about a Republican using their music.
Did Trump show his moves, again?

Old 11-03-2020, 03:32 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,336,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post

I've heard people, lots of people, say Republicans are incapable of producing good music.

so there's that.

Old 11-03-2020, 03:38 PM

31,528 posts, read 22,506,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Trump wins 310 to 350 electoral votes... Not even close, will be called tonight if Trump voters get out and VOTE!!
Just dropped my nephews off to vote. 2 more for Trump in Arizona. Getting ready for the Democrat Riots that will follow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies