Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 10:48 AM

7,243 posts, read 4,563,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
If Hillary Clinton was a normal citizen, she would have been in jail for her reckless handling of classified material. There were lots of examples of government employees in the Obama era going to jail for the same thing.
I think there was a great dislike of Hillary that she (and her supporters) just can't see. Also I don't think people wanted a woman president. Biden cures both.. if you believe he will actually be president.

Old 11-03-2020, 10:51 AM

6,135 posts, read 4,622,919 times
I'd give Biden a 90% chance of winning the popular vote. Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by around 3 million votes in 2016, and she was much more disliked by Independents and even some Democrats than Biden. Of course, hardline right wing people weren't going to vote for either, but that would be expected no matter who the Democrat candidate is.

The electoral vote, which determines the outcome, will be much tighter. I'd give Biden a narrower 60%-65% chance of winning that.

That says something about how skewed this is getting because it's been recently that we've seen more frequent instances (with GW Bush (Jr.) and Trump, 2016) of the Electoral College vote not reflecting how people have actually voted.

Old 11-03-2020, 10:52 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,755,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I think there was a great dislike of Hillary that she (and her supporters) just can't see. Also I don't think people wanted a woman president. Biden cures both.. if you believe he will actually be president.
Agreed. Hillary is and was a HIGHLY divisive candidate. Add into this her totally ignoring the midwest, her calling out women to vote for a woman (way to alienate men, Hillary!) and the DNCs attitude that this was a slam dunk because Trump is ...well....vile and they got caught napping.

Old 11-03-2020, 10:57 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,407,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I've been saying that since 2016 - least likeable candidate in modern history. It's the one and only reason I voted for Trump back then.

Old 11-03-2020, 10:57 AM

10,034 posts, read 9,520,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
I have no idea who will win. I see it going either way. Regardless of who wins, we need to work through our countries issues together. The extreme partisanship in the US needs to stop (on both sides)

Old 11-03-2020, 11:01 AM

9,536 posts, read 4,362,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Just a question from a nosy old woman. Political parties have factions that go from one extreme to another. They have all kinds of infighting among their adherents. When I was a republican, their mainstream considered me an extremist.

While not a democrat, I would be considered the blue dog kind. That said, the left wingers are feeling their oats these days since AOC. Bernie never was a democrat and I'm puzzled they permitted him to run as one. Also, IMO, if there was enough support for a progressive to win, he would have formed his own independent group like my hero, Ross Perot did.

Question, how far off the deep end would republicans need to go for you to consider their behavior appalling?

BTW, last election DS and I knew in July that Trump would win. This time, I have no clue.

The Republicans haven't changed much, whereas the Dems have a taken a very hard left turn. The extremist factions of the right are small and generally not taken seriously: the KKK, white supremacists, etc., are pretty much a joke and are disavowed by the vast majority of Republicans. Q-Anon is slightly more worrisome, but are still widely considered to be a joke.

Dems, on the other hand, have fully embraced extremist ideologies: Their VP candidate actually supported a movement to pay bail for violent protestors. That's nuts. "The Squad" is openly racist and sexist, but apparently that's OK with Dem leadership. The Dem's willingness to corrupt the judicial system to get their way is very disturbing. In a just world, Kyle Rittenhouse would not be in jail, and the couple who stood in their front yard with guns as protestors passed in front of their home wouldn't have been charged. Dems refuse to call BLM and Antifa what they are: terrorist organizations. Dems think harassing people who they disagree with while they're dining with their families is acceptable behavior. Maxine Waters actually encouraged it. Joe Biden shamelessly announced he would limit his VP choices to women of color - which is both racist and sexist. I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that I will not feel safe from political persecution with the country led by Dems, and I fear the US will look like Venezuela if the Dem's preposterous policies are implemented.

Old 11-03-2020, 11:02 AM
bu2

24,119 posts, read 14,925,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Why isn't she in jail? It's been four years.
Too big to jail.

Washington doesn't apply the law to itself.

Old 11-03-2020, 11:03 AM
bu2

24,119 posts, read 14,925,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
I'd give Biden a 90% chance of winning the popular vote. Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by around 3 million votes in 2016, and she was much more disliked by Independents and even some Democrats than Biden. Of course, hardline right wing people weren't going to vote for either, but that would be expected no matter who the Democrat candidate is.

The electoral vote, which determines the outcome, will be much tighter. I'd give Biden a narrower 60%-65% chance of winning that.

That says something about how skewed this is getting because it's been recently that we've seen more frequent instances (with GW Bush (Jr.) and Trump, 2016) of the Electoral College vote not reflecting how people have actually voted.
As much as Hillary was disliked, a lot of people were really excited about her and the possibility of the first woman president. Nobody is excited about Joe.

Old 11-03-2020, 11:27 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,948,694 times
The Democrats are going to win the trifecta. Probability of Democrats winning:

BIDEN: 88%

SENATE: 71%

HOUSE: 99%

Quote:
Joe Biden will become our 46th President by a comfortable margin, earning 351 electoral votes to 187 for Donald Trump. Trump will become the first incumbent to be defeated in his bid for reelection in 28 years, since Bill Clinton beat George H.W. Bush in 1992.

Biden will have a Democratic Senate to work with, as the Democrats squeak out a 50-seat majority, with Vice President Kamala Harris presiding over her former colleagues and able to break ties with a deciding vote as needed. But there will be two run-off elections in January that will each be very close.

Not surprisingly, the Democrats will maintain control of the House of Representatives, adding 18 seats to extend their impressive majority to an overwhelming one, 251 to 184.

The GOP will only be able to point to one consolation prize; they will win the only state house that flips in this election, thereby increasing their Governor majority to 27 to 23.
- Born to Run the Numbers

I think BRN is correct in its predictions because people are disgusted with Trump and they are tired of Putin running the country.

Old 11-03-2020, 11:27 AM

21,957 posts, read 9,545,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Why isn't she in jail? It's been four years.
Because entrenched DC is the Deep State.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies