Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 09:31 AM

38,787 posts, read 22,599,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
A simple query by a journalist to the leader of the free world.

Lesley Stahl: Are you ok with tough questions?

Donald Trump: No I'm not.

His answer here mirrors what he said when he stated that he takes no responsibility at all.

He's not prepared to do even a minimal level of work owning the responsibility of the office of POTUS.

Considering this, it's not surprising that his incredibly weak ego folded like a wet noodle and he decided to walk out of the interview after she did start asking tough questions.

We have a child as POTUS, and it's time for him to leave and for the grownups to take over.
Despite Trump getting grilled with tough questions for four years, you think this one simple exchange inverts what we have seen and heard the past four years with our own eyes and ears???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2020, 09:32 AM

14,831 posts, read 7,476,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Despite Trump getting grilled with tough questions for four years, you think this one simple exchange inverts what we have seen and heard the past four years with our own eyes and ears???
Apparently you haven’t seen him running away from tough questions the whole time? I certainly have.

Old 10-26-2020, 09:40 AM

20,696 posts, read 12,617,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Who are you to criticize?
I am a voter just like you.

Old 10-26-2020, 09:45 AM

18,491 posts, read 7,172,975 times
Quote:
A simple query by a journalist to the leader of the free world.

Lesley Stahl: Are you ok with tough questions?

Donald Trump: No I'm not.

His answer here mirrors what he said when he stated that he takes no responsibility at all.

He's not prepared to do even a minimal level of work owning the responsibility of the office of POTUS.

Considering this, it's not surprising that his incredibly weak ego folded like a wet noodle and he decided to walk out of the interview after she did start asking tough questions.

We have a child as POTUS, and it's time for him to leave and for the grownups to take over.

Pretty funny considering Trump.has taken and answered more questions from the Press in the last month than Biden has in the last year.

And when "journalists" do see Creepy Joe come out of his basement long enough to get anywhere close to a microphone, they ask him riveting, hard hitting questions like "what kind of milkshake did you have"?

Old 10-26-2020, 09:46 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,606,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Leslie Stahl was obnoxious. She came into the interview determined to portray the president in the worst light possible. I couldn't believe it when she started to mock and laugh at his claims his campaign was spied upon. Either she is the most uniformed "journalist" or a coverup artist for the left. Probably both. It was sickening. I don't blame Trump for not continuing.
Gee, an obnoxious reporter and Trump's the only snowflake that's ever been faced with one of those.

Trump agreed to the interview KNOWING it wouldn't be a fireside chat. How stupid are you to agree to be interviewed by a known unfriendly entity, to then run out and demonstrate, not only that stupidity, but also your cowardice and weakness to millions of viewers. THEN to double down by releasing the tape yourself expecting the sympathy vote is just more confirmation of his complete inability to read the American mindset. They don't like/respect whimpy whiners.

She laughed because in the history of American politics - spying upon the opposition's campaign has been de-rigueur for all of the 1900's onward.

Don't you people read ANY of your own history?

Old 10-26-2020, 10:03 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,703,330 times
Looks more like Stahl should have asked, "Can I be obnoxious, interrupt while you are answering, and argue with you about your answers to my questions?"

We already had that with Savannah Guthrie. The media wants to dictate the narrative in this election, and I think Trump doesn't want to play into that. Why reward the media's bad behavior? Ask the question, let him answer, and then if you have a follow up question go right ahead. If you don't like his answers, then don't vote for him.

I used to remember interviews and debates that covered a wide variety of topics affecting the country. Today's reporters essentially take the headlines from Yahoo News and turn them into questions.

Old 10-26-2020, 10:03 AM

5,236 posts, read 4,721,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That makes absolutely no sense.
He's never made sense...

Old 10-26-2020, 10:05 AM

20,696 posts, read 12,617,261 times
Quote:
Right I mean public relations and answering tough questions when things go wrong is kind of one of the core responsibilities of a leader in any organization.
Normally that is true, but Trump can't do it.

Old 10-26-2020, 10:09 AM

5,236 posts, read 4,721,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
Looks more like Stahl should have asked, "Can I be obnoxious, interrupt while you are answering, and argue with you about your answers to my questions?"

We already had that with Savannah Guthrie. The media wants to dictate the narrative in this election, and I think Trump doesn't want to play into that. Why reward the media's bad behavior? Ask the question, let him answer, and then if you have a follow up question go right ahead. If you don't like his answers, then don't vote for him.

I used to remember interviews and debates that covered a wide variety of topics affecting the country. Today's reporters essentially take the headlines from Yahoo News and turn them into questions.
Stahl's "interruptions" were nothing more than a quick response to Trump's embellishment of the facts, his oft repeated phrase of "the best, most, greatest, etc, "IN THE HISTORY OF THE COUNTRY" needs to be shut down as soon as he makes the statement..No lying should be tolerated by good journalists, she did a great job but the sissy Trump failed spectacularly..

Old 10-26-2020, 10:14 AM

25,115 posts, read 16,366,792 times
Quote:
If he can’t take the heat it’s time to get out of the kitchen.

The POTUS is the most scrutinized and criticized job in the world.

Fragile egos need not apply.
I believe, based upon what I saw (CBS' snippet), is his position that he's always answering tough questions but Biden has gotten a pass. I'll have to watch both to pass judgement.

But we do know that last week, Biden went dark after Sunday until Thursday's debate, and has been pretty dark since.

I don't even care really what the media asks him about Hunter - though a)they can ask fair but tough questions and b) why no one ever asks about his brother https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...perience.html#!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies