Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 03:31 PM

45,397 posts, read 26,671,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
Yeah who cares about those 40 and 50 year olds.
and what do suggest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2020, 06:21 PM

30,459 posts, read 12,049,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, we should deal with it. Ignoring it is stupid. Look at what happened to Hernan Cain, who went to a Trump rally boasting "no mask mandate at Trump rally. People are tired of it". Now he is dead.
Dealing with it means wearing a mask when out and about indoors. Even if its not required. I don't want mask mandates and shut downs. I want to see people want to the smart thing.

Imagine in WW2 would could not pull together as a county. If one blamed the other for Pearl Harbor or the rise of Hitler. If people refused to go to join the military or shut their lights at night on the west coast because they have their rights and no one will tell them what to do. We would all be speaking German or Japanese. At least Americans were better people back then.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 10-11-2020 at 06:30 PM..

Old 10-11-2020, 08:32 PM

45,397 posts, read 26,671,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Dealing with it means wearing a mask when out and about indoors. Even if its not required. I don't want mask mandates and shut downs. I want to see people want to the smart thing.

Imagine in WW2 would could not pull together as a county. If one blamed the other for Pearl Harbor or the rise of Hitler. If people refused to go to join the military or shut their lights at night on the west coast because they have their rights and no one will tell them what to do. We would all be speaking German or Japanese. At least Americans were better people back then.
Many things are different. Good luck with your mask crusade

Old 10-11-2020, 08:46 PM

4,168 posts, read 2,170,445 times
Quote:

Enjoy wearing a mask. I solute you for wearing it when you're not in your own home. If we were actually getting attacked by enemy forced on our own soil using visible bullets, American public would take appropriate action. However this is totally different situation, majority of the people are not impacted this virus. We probably had between 50-100 million people already infected and only little over 200k death. Many people will never know they even had it as they had as they had no symptoms from Covid.

Old 10-11-2020, 11:18 PM

25,793 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Enjoy wearing a mask. I solute you for wearing it when you're not in your own home. If we were actually getting attacked by enemy forced on our own soil using visible bullets, American public would take appropriate action. However this is totally different situation, majority of the people are not impacted this virus. We probably had between 50-100 million people already infected and only little over 200k death. Many people will never know they even had it as they had as they had no symptoms from Covid.
In that respect it IS kinda like the flu. I am sure I must have had the flu sometime - it felt like it a few times. But I have never been tested, so I have never "had it".
And I have not been tested for covid either.

Old 10-11-2020, 11:51 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,822,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
And here we go again, coronavirus hysteria and shutdowns take 20.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN26P0K8
Why is this a surprise? Many have been inside or staying away to where our antibodies don't fight against things.

Lets face it....this is what happened with the spanish flu all those years ago. Guess our country never paid attention to history nor learned from it.

Old 10-12-2020, 02:45 AM

31,027 posts, read 19,620,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
And here we go again, coronavirus hysteria and shutdowns take 20.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN26P0K8
In general, the cold states have the highest cases of covid in the winter and the warm states have higher case numbers in the summer. I'll be in Arizona this winter.

Old 10-12-2020, 02:56 AM

12,106 posts, read 5,991,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Oklahoma set another record on Saturday with 1533 new cases. Lots of people don't want to wear masks at private gatherings. But some hospitals are about out of ICU beds.
According to these sources - that's not the case - most counties are at low to moderate risks.

https://www.koco.com/article/coronav...ber-9/34330125

If you look at the projection graph that is updated daily as of Oct 11 you have 467 out of 500 ICU beds available from IHME

Could you please show me your stats as I try to follow this and there may be a site I'm not aware of.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/unite...=all_resources

Old 10-12-2020, 08:02 AM

30,459 posts, read 12,049,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
I question whether we would or not. I really do. A large segment of the population would question if we were really attacked. Look how many claim 9/11 was an inside job. Look how many question whether or not Trump ever had covid. Look how many for months thought covid was not a real thing. If Pearl Harbor happened today the side not in power would accuse the other side of being the actual cause of it, either by bad policy or making it up.

If your side cannot see that wearing a mask is an easy way to slow down the virus until a vaccine is out there. We have no hope as a country.

Old 10-12-2020, 08:17 AM

25,793 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Quote:
..............If your side cannot see that wearing a mask is an easy way to slow down the virus until a vaccine is out there. We have no hope as a country.
You are debating a person, not a side.
It has become patently obvious that covid will not destroy America; there is always hope for our country. But in the same vein, I think everyone will agree that the fiscal cost of covid to the world must be on par with a 3rd world war. Countries have gone very deeply in debt while trying to support their unemployed populations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies