Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 07:50 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,054,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Don't you want to shout 'Get the eff out of my country!'
It isn’t my country by birth. It is my country by CHOICE.

So NO, I don’t feel like I can shout “get the eff out of my country”.

BUT, I had to pass a test to become a citizen that proved that I understood America’s history and values. I had to swear allegiance NOT to the USA, but to the Constitution of the USA.

I will settle for native born “Americans” to pass the same test I had to become a citizen. AND also take a oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

The precious part of America is not the country.....it is the Constitution of the country. That is why when I became a US citizen my pledge was not to the USA, but the Constitution.

Most native born Americans don’t get it. It is not the USA that is exceptional...it is the Constitution. Yeah, I would throw in the Declaration of Independence as well.

The two documents that make America “exceptional” are the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. I am sorry that we have elected Presidents in recent years that do not even understand those basic principals that make this country different from any other on earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 08:04 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,801,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
It never was. We have been proving that since the beginning. Whites say blacks are violent. Yes we are. That is why it has been the mistake of the west from the start. Forcing us black people into any country with whites ends up this way. Blacks and whites will never live peacefully with any other races. You learned that with Native Americans and did the right thing. You did the wrong thing with blacks.
You mean we should have put blacks on reservations? Wow. It would have been better if we had just picked our own cotton.....

Old 07-05-2020, 08:09 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,661,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Read about Taiwan's response and compare it to our response. Read about the CDC back in the day when it had "all the right people" in place to handle SARS in 2003 when it was on our soil and compare the current CDC under Redfield, Trump's appointee and the lame response to Covid. The botched test that put us further behind, and the unwillingness to use W.H.O.'s Covid test used around the world. All the best people? Hardly. Yet another shining example of Trump's inability to put together a team that doesn't include cronyism and beliefs vs science.

Just about every country has this virus under control. Read about the European countries who are opening up to tourists where we are are currently banned as pariahs because of our totally inept botched response to this pandemic.

Keep watching Fox and drinking the koolaid. They will tell you exactly what you want to hear. It's all about rating you know.

Do I want to shout get out of my country? How about we keep those who immigrate the right way, want to work hard, and be model citizens and we deport those entitled rectums that won't wear a mask during a pandemic, deport the gang bangers killing innocent children, and the rest that don't want to be part of civilized society.

BLM protestors? Meh. We as a country have bigger problems.

This...Taiwan's successful covid response here as well...

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/30/...ealth-records/

Old 07-05-2020, 08:31 PM

6,358 posts, read 2,905,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
YOUR country???
^^
See - another one. I was born in the US , I've lived a clean life and paid my taxes and now some drug addicted unemployed mob of lazy mouthbreathing morons want to cancel history and defund police which will make things 10 times worse. They should get the eff out and find some lawless hellhole and see how they like it.

Old 07-05-2020, 08:33 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,657,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Everyone born here is a native American there are no special ones. All of our ancient ancestors migrated here from somewhere else so they weren't natives.

The Amerindians weren't native to this country/continent either and they didn't believe in land ownership. There was no stolen land.

First of all there were many different Native American nations with some vastly different cultures. They werent a monolith culture. Saying such is same as saying Swedes and Spanish are same culture. Many of the tribes believed in communal tribal ownership, not private individual ownership. They definitely held tribal territories and there were wars between the nations over territory. Individual wealth tended to be more in owning horses or other individual artifacts for more nomadic tribes, but some were settled farming tribes.

Now Cherokee and some others on east adapted to idea of individual ownership of land and modern farming practices of time. Some owned African slaves. Yet though they were living the white man lifestyle, they werent white enough so against a Supreme Court ruling, President Jackson banished them on Trail of Tears first to Arkansas, then to Indian Territory, now known as Oklahoma. Jackson was a racist demagogue much like our current president.

Those removed from their lands in SE were Cherokee, Creek, Seminole , Chickasaw, Choctaw, and Ponca. 100,000 were moved, thousands died in barbaric forced march.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherokee_history

Quote:
Cherokees were displaced from their ancestral lands in northern Georgia and the Carolinas in a period of rapidly expanding white population. Some of the rapid expansion was due to a gold rush around Dahlonega, Georgia in the 1830s. President Andrew Jackson said removal policy was an effort to prevent the Cherokee from facing extinction, which he said was the fate of "the Mohegan, the Narragansett, and the Delaware".[22] There is ample evidence that the Cherokee were adapting modern farming techniques. A late 20th-century analysis shows that their area was in general in a state of economic surplus.[23] Jackson was under immense pressure from European Americans who wanted to take over and develop the Cherokee lands for themselves.

In June 1830, a delegation of Cherokee led by Chief Ross brought their grievances about tribal sovereignty over state government to the US Supreme Court in the Cherokee Nation v. Georgia case. In the case Worcester v. Georgia, the United States Supreme Court held that Cherokee Native Americans were entitled to federal protection from the actions of state governments. Worcester v. Georgia is considered one of the most important decisions in law dealing with Native Americans But the Georgia government essentially ignored it, and removal pressure continued.

Seems white man speak with forked tongue.....

Old 07-05-2020, 08:34 PM

1,676 posts, read 1,535,982 times
How about you get out of my country OP?

See? Not very nice, is it?

Old 07-05-2020, 09:00 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,668,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
And we are told the left is intolerant.

Well, they are and its on display every single day even right here in these forums.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:03 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Are you not embarrassed that literally ever country on Earth has handled Covid better than us? Shouldn't that be the fact that makes you ashamed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
How? What should we have done differently?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Everything. All of us are standing here with our jaws on the floor wondering what happened to America.

You were always the shining light.... and sometimes wrong. It happens.

But this? Trump's handling of it? This virus? It can't get any worse. The World is facepalming.
Trump should not have had to do anything. Each State, where as they are made up of Cities and Towns, should have had a contingency plan in place 20-30 years ago, based on a what if scenario --- because it isn't as we haven't been living with the threat of a biological war or anything.

If you feel you have been let down, talk with your local representative about your issue or go riot, loot and/or harass and threaten your neighbor, as those methods of airing grievances about the government handling of things have been proven to be most helpful ...
Quote:
The World is facepalming.
We are (suppose to be) a self-governing society --- we are to blame for all embarrassments in accomplishments.

Old 07-05-2020, 11:34 PM

1,378 posts, read 738,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
I'm afraid I might to it if I see some moron protesters. I'm so sick of this BS. There are BLM signs all over the place near me. If someone got me on vid saying it and posted it would I lose my job and get death threats?
While im not a fan of blm, what i am a fan of is the constitution and the 1st amendment. If you don't like that, then you can leave. And if you do say it and it gets put on video, then I hope you do lose your job.

Old 07-06-2020, 12:12 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Default words matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
While im not a fan of blm, what i am a fan of is the constitution and the 1st amendment. If you don't like that, then you can leave. And if you do say it and it gets put on video, then I hope you do lose your job.
However, no one would loose their job over that, that's the point.

Out of the BLM movement you have some black people taking offense that a white person would say, black lives matter, but then you have a movement that is requiring you to say it, that is so strong that if a white persons says, all lives matter, they lose their job? Interesting enough that the movement that formed, didn't call itself, all black lives matter ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies