Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 07:10 AM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
More than any other country the USA was founded on a belief system. (rather than an ethnic identity) Established in the declaration of independence, the constitution and, for notes of how these things should be interpreted, the Federalist papers.

These beliefs allowed this country to grow and thrive.

If you do not share the beliefs, get out. You don't belong here. You only stay here for the lifestyle.

It is as if someone took a club at school, made it the most popular club, and then everyone else joins claiming they want to be in the club only to try to change that club into something else -- all while keeping it the most popular club.
Ethnic identity was enshrined in the constitution and bill of rights when the country was founded. The actual document signed by the founding fathers goes directly against what you just argued.

You may want to believe what you typed but that is not reflective of what was actually created in 1776. The problems we have today are a direct effect of the failures of the founding fathers to put in LAW what they eloquently state in the Pre-amble, All Men are created equal with inalienable rights to life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness.

So revise history all you want but Black folk did not become full citizens until the 1960s, citizens get to vote and live without discriminatory laws sanctioned by the state (Jim Crow laws).

Don't worry it took 200+ years to rectify that original sin, it may take another 200 before we are past this but we will. We are still within one lifetime of 1960's civil rights legislation and the actual right to vote and integrate in society together. The road is expected to be bumpy which is why the founding fathers chickened out, they were willing to face bullets but not willing to face their own demons being slave owners themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 07:13 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
I want to shout "get the F out of the country" to people who have immigrated here, and then denigrate it. Perhaps the worst (best?) example was that spoiled brat who immigrated here from a foreign country and then climbed the Statue of Liberty and closed it to tourists all day because she hated America so much.

To her, I say "go home!"

Old 07-05-2020, 07:13 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
But this? Trump's handling of it? This virus? It can't get any worse. The World is facepalming.
- The USA has only gotten into trouble caring about the world.

- Trump cannot be blamed for the virus handling. Again Dr. Fuci and the CDC are in charge. I love how this guy is some sort of liberal hero and Trump is the problem.

- But WHAT problem. Seriously, If you look at the FACTs as opposed to the MSM... you will see that for the most part, the USA has done pretty well.

Deaths per 1 million population: 400 for the USA. Spain 607; UK 651; Italy 556; France 458; Sweden 587; Ireland 353. No other country should be judging us.

In addition, as has been stated many times before he isn't even in charge of states. New York single handedly was most of the death rate. But somehow Trump was in charge of that? Right.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-05-2020 at 06:35 PM.. Reason: language

Old 07-05-2020, 07:14 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,865,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I've personally found that watching reruns of social justice warrior bowling is a tremendous stress reliever and removed the need to engage in the street with them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jtXAP06qzA
You're pretty sick dude.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:17 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
I'm afraid I might to it if I see some moron protesters. I'm so sick of this BS. There are BLM signs all over the place near me. If someone got me on vid saying it and posted it would I lose my job and get death threats?
No more your country than it is the protesters.

What would your shout accomplish?

Only thing any of us really control is our own reactions.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:21 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Are you not embarrassed that literally ever country on Earth has handled Covid better than us? Shouldn't that be the fact that makes you ashamed?
What does a virus have to do with BLM?

While I'm here, answer what percentage of people have been tested in all of those other countries. Legitimate stats, please.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:26 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
No. I am focused on other things.

But if you’re so angry, you are free to leave.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:33 AM

4,608 posts, read 3,302,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
How? What should we have done differently?
Some countries' governments gave small and medium businesses money to pay salaries so people would not lose their jobs but could still stay home and isolate. This kept people from not being able to pay rent and/or buy groceries.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:45 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
That seems like an intelligent move - brandishing firearms in a state park and threatening armed conflict with white people. I think it is safe to say that reconciliation and a peaceful society aren't really on their minds.
It never was. We have been proving that since the beginning. Whites say blacks are violent. Yes we are. That is why it has been the mistake of the west from the start. Forcing us black people into any country with whites ends up this way. Blacks and whites will never live peacefully with any other races. You learned that with Native Americans and did the right thing. You did the wrong thing with blacks.

Old 07-05-2020, 08:00 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
How? What should we have done differently?
How much time do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
That seems like an intelligent move - brandishing firearms in a state park and threatening armed conflict with white people.
Yeah, kinda like brandishing firearms at a state capitol and threatening armed conflicted with intelligent people.

Quote:
More than any other country the USA was founded on a belief system.
You mean like "all men are created equal"? We still don't have that one right.

Quote:
Trump cannot be blamed for the virus handling.
Of course he can. He is [supposed to be] the leader of this nation. CDC and NIH are a part of his administration - which he is responsible for. The buck, indeed, does stop in the Oval Office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies