Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 01:41 AM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
That seems like an intelligent move - brandishing firearms in a state park and threatening armed conflict with white people.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 01:47 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
I'm afraid I might to it if I see some moron protesters. I'm so sick of this BS. There are BLM signs all over the place near me. If someone got me on vid saying it and posted it would I lose my job and get death threats?

one of the fundamental rights codified in the first amendment is free speech. the government does not have the right to control the words of the people, with a few exceptions. as long as the people are peaceful in their protests, let them be. they have the to protest peacefully.

people say things i dont like all the time, yet i will defend their right to say the things they do whether i like it or not. the only thing i will do is offer a better way to get the message across.

Old 07-05-2020, 01:47 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,496,688 times
Don't you want to shout 'Get the eff out of my country!'

Yes, I want to yell that every time I see Donald Trump on a TV screen!

Old 07-05-2020, 01:59 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,692,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

Okay, provide some context for that picture. Did they specifically threaten blacks with violence? I have no problem denouncing them if they did. My point is still very clear and sound: pretty terrible move on the part of the guy with the bullhorn to escalate.

Old 07-05-2020, 02:34 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,052,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
How? What should we have done differently?
Everything. All of us are standing here with our jaws on the floor wondering what happened to America.

You were always the shining light.... and sometimes wrong. It happens.

But this? Trump's handling of it? This virus? It can't get any worse. The World is facepalming.

Old 07-05-2020, 06:53 AM

5,986 posts, read 2,241,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
That seems like an intelligent move - brandishing firearms in a state park and threatening armed conflict with white people. I think it is safe to say that reconciliation and a peaceful society aren't really on their minds.
Oh don't start backing away from Second Admendendment rights now, they are exercising their rights to peacefully protest in an open carry state. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

People always ask "where are the black folks that don't march with BLM" well there you go. BLM talks and whines, my family is about action, 2A supporters since end of slavery, and are not the marching type. Unless you start threatening our safety white or black.

The pretext to that march was a KKK and white supremacy group, oh and the Proud Boys (sounds like a gay band) threatened any black group that would march at stone mountain would be met with force. they said. So black folk in Atlanta decided to see if they meant what they said.

The South is not Chicago or Baltimore. Lots of military vets, old country boys et that is also black and are more than willing to enjoy their 2A right to open carry and march as they please.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:03 AM

7,242 posts, read 4,556,554 times
More than any other country the USA was founded on a belief system. (rather than an ethnic identity) Established in the declaration of independence, the constitution and, for notes of how these things should be interpreted, the Federalist papers.

These beliefs allowed this country to grow and thrive.

If you do not share the beliefs, get out. You don't belong here. You only stay here for the lifestyle.

It is as if someone took a club at school, made it the most popular club, and then everyone else joins claiming they want to be in the club only to try to change that club into something else -- all while keeping it the most popular club.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:07 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Everything. All of us are standing here with our jaws on the floor wondering what happened to America.

You were always the shining light.... and sometimes wrong. It happens.

But this? Trump's handling of it? This virus? It can't get any worse. The World is facepalming.
So, you don't have anything specific, just Orange Man Bad.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:10 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,082,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So, you don't have anything specific, just Orange Man Bad.
Isn't that all they ever have...….they are so original.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:10 AM

63,004 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
OP claims this is "my country" ....interesting. And we are told the left is intolerant.

When you live in a country of 330 million there will be people with views that differ from you. Have a drink and deal with it.
Anyone with half a brain would know that the poster didn't mean that this country only belongs to him. It's just a figure of speech that it is a country that belongs to Americans collectively.

Nothing wrong with people having a different point of view from yours just as long as it's not a view that is harmful to our citizenry as a whole or goes against the Constitution and our laws. Rioting and looting and destroying our history is not a way to express your different point of view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies