Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 12:51 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,443,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Ah, now I get it. DesertDetroiter is jealous because he lives in the forgotten armpit of Arizona, the place that only makes the news when some border atrocity occurs and where nothing substantial has occurred since a bunch of bullies had a shootout in Tombstone 150 years ago. There's nothing down there but a big old polluted copper strip mine and some pot head hippie hold outs in Bisbee, and the cartel owned town of Douglas.

Oh and of course just today the Cochise county sheriff declared the border area unsafe to travel after NINE mormons were exterminated by mexican cartel gunmen just south of the border.

https://www.kgun9.com/news/local-new...avel-to-mexico
Yeah, but here’s the difference: I’m not giving outsized importance to the comings and goings of my home county. I know that if we passed a similar ordinance as your county did, the rest of the state wouldn’t care, let alone the rest of the country. That’s because like Mojave County, what happens in Cochise County isn’t worth a hill of beans and carries absolutely no preponderance at all. Cochise County is nothing more than a spot on I-10 for drivers to pass thru on their way to New Mexico or for out of staters heading to Tucson, Phoenix or California. We know that, we’ve come to terms with that, and we like it that way.

BTW...you’re more than welcome to poke fun at us. But at the end of the day, the Arizona Strip is in your County. LMAO...I’ll own Bisbee and Tombstone, but you’re gonna own Colorado City til the end of time! OUCH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2019, 03:17 PM

7,653 posts, read 10,041,618 times
Touche! DD you may win this one, but the war is not over.

I was in Colorado City not long ago. Great scenery, too bad it's infested with mormons.

So DD, I have to visit your godforsaken corner of the state next month (well Tucson) wanna have lunch? I'll buy.

Last edited by jamies; 11-05-2019 at 04:33 PM..

Old 11-06-2019, 07:35 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,443,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Touche! DD you may win this one, but the war is not over.

I was in Colorado City not long ago. Great scenery, too bad it's infested with mormons.

So DD, I have to visit your godforsaken corner of the state next month (well Tucson) wanna have lunch? I'll buy.
Perhaps!!

LOL...go easy on Colorado City folks...they don’t know better!

Old 11-07-2019, 12:00 AM

6,834 posts, read 2,434,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I have a bunch of Jetski buddies in Lake Havasu.
You have buddies? On topic, I wonder if we will we an increase in NRA memberships in Mohave County.

Old 11-07-2019, 01:37 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,340,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
You have buddies? On topic, I wonder if we will we an increase in NRA memberships in Mohave County.

Why, do they think Wayne LaPierre needs some more custom suits?

Old 05-09-2021, 10:46 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,535,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Absolutely. But at least you’re not deluding yourself. People in Navajo County know exactly where they stand in the state’s pecking order.

I live in Cochise County. We don’t have any crowds and it’s not that hot down here on the Southeast border. This is the high desert no different than Yavapai is. The Southern part of your county isn’t even high desert. What is Wickenburg? Maybe 2500 ft high? There ain’t a single spot in our county that sits THAT low, and a huge portion of Yavapai County doesn’t even get 4 seasons despite your claim.

Moreover, it’s has become a trite and tiresome spiel to hear Arizonans constantly excoriating Californians for all of our state’s problems. Arizona has had disastrous internal politics ever since I can remember...long before any Californians decided to move here in large numbers.

As a codicil to that, it’s also quite boring to hear my fellow Arizonans whining about the politics of incoming residents. Americans pick their states, states don’t pick their residents. No new arrival to any state is obligated to vote the way that longer term residents have traditionally voted. I don’t know where some of you get that notion from. Arizona’s demography has changed in a huge way, and the state is no longer the backwater it used to be. The new migrants have brought in a ton of money that this state never had, and we’ve got a far more dynamic economy than the one I grew up with. You think the new Amazon facility would’ve moved here if we were the same Arizona that we were in 1980?

Lastly, this state is more than a gathering place for gun nuts. My goodness, you can buy a firearm in this state and put it on your hip as soon as you walk out the store. Nothing else needed...and yet, you guys are STILL kvetching about gun rights? LOL...what do you want? Gun rights aren’t even close to being threatened in this state even AFTER a beloved congresswoman was shot in the head by some deranged Beelzebub type character. SMH

I really don’t know what exactly you guys are caterwauling about.
Spot on! As a relative newbie to AZ, and a longtime lib gun owner, will occasionally prowl the local gun shops myself. And it's even become a perverse sort 'entertainment' now, just listening to the usual bunch of 'enthusiasts' at the counter, always loudly complaining about the 'Gubmint' and 'lib gun grabbers', etc., plus the latest 'conspiracy theories'! Although you kinda get the sense that they actually enjoy getting themselves all 'worked up' (...lol)?!

Old 05-09-2021, 11:03 PM

17,872 posts, read 16,235,765 times
Just means all the illegals will flood there, take up arms, and just run the place like a narco state.

Old 05-10-2021, 12:45 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,840,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Spot on! As a relative newbie to AZ, and a longtime lib gun owner, will occasionally prowl the local gun shops myself. And it's even become a perverse sort 'entertainment' now, just listening to the usual bunch of 'enthusiasts' at the counter, always loudly complaining about the 'Gubmint' and 'lib gun grabbers', etc., plus the latest 'conspiracy theories'! Although you kinda get the sense that they actually enjoy getting themselves all 'worked up' (...lol)?!
Kind of strange how those gun shops are SO compliant with gun laws though!!

They stand around talking about their rights and the 'Gub-mint'...but they are contributing to the problem in a huge way! If they are patriotic about our gun rights, why are they complying with pre purchase background checks?! Constitution says NO infringement...but the gun shops are doing their part in violating our rights...they are just as bad as the Gub-mint!! LOL

If ALL gun shops/dealers suddenly stood up and said, NO, we are not going to comply and do background checks on people to buy guns...not a damn thing the govt could do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies