Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2019, 05:27 PM

30,866 posts, read 21,747,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I. did. not. disupte. your. statement! For one thing, your wording was confusing, especially as my mom's church does this through MOW. Meals on Wheels | Mt. Olive Evangelical Lutheran Church

Below are my statements about your church in bold:
You take this stuff too much for real neal. I hope the gov stays closed. This crap with the DEM and PUBS is getting old as mold. The heck with the country, just keep up the fighting. They all need to go bro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2019, 05:39 PM

26,614 posts, read 13,434,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Democrats continually fail to keep their constituents safe in the inner cities, so it's no surprise they will now be responsible for starving their constituents when the EBT cards carry a balance of zero come next month, in the name of keeping America's borders open.

Donald Trump called their bluff and the empty stomachs with be on their hands.
Hunger is the most powerful motivator. End the welfare state...now! It hasnt worked....time to pull the plug.

Old 01-10-2019, 06:09 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,352,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
You take this stuff too much for real neal. I hope the gov stays closed. This crap with the DEM and PUBS is getting old as mold. The heck with the country, just keep up the fighting. They all need to go bro.
What's wrong with being passionate about an issue. I'm not a bro, I'm a . . .

Old 01-10-2019, 06:19 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,055,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
How many times have we heard liberals laughing at the plight of hard working farmers who can't sell their soybeans? No sympathy given to dairy farmers who enjoy the privilege of selling their product at a loss. It's funny because these folks are conservatives, and likely Trump supporters, according to libs. How many liberal talking heads have we heard from wishing the stock market would crash on Trump's watch, just so it makes him look bad?

Some people don't try, and complain when they accomplish nothing. Not much you can do to help those types. But laughing at the plight of people who work their tail off, and still fall behind... That's as low as it gets.

Keep falling for the divide and conquer play America. I'm sure you'll get a prize eventually for all your effort... Just not a prize you're going to like or want.

But it was ok when the cons did it with ACA- it's ok that many suffer without access to health care- as long as it makes Obama look bad, the ends justified the means, right?
Repugs are NO better

Old 01-10-2019, 06:40 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,309,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Here is one example. It is happening all over the country. C-stores are in on the scam.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2016/...d-stamp-fraud/
It's everywhere including selling them on FB, IG etc. Everywhere. And no... it's not just one poor, defeated, starving person.

Yet people refuse to believe it. I was just asked yesterday at the grocery store (again) if they could go w me in line & use their card and I'm supposed to give them cash.

Old 01-10-2019, 06:55 PM

30,866 posts, read 21,747,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
What's wrong with being passionate about an issue. I'm not a bro, I'm a . . .
I know your not a bro. Just the way i type. The free hand outs need to stop. Work or don't eat.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:02 PM

18,348 posts, read 26,638,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I know your not a bro. Just the way i type. The free hand outs need to stop. Work or don't eat.
Most food stamp recipients do work. If jobs paid living wages most of the recipients would not qualify. https://www.cbpp.org/research/policy...e-program-snap

Old 01-10-2019, 07:51 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,778,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Most food stamp recipients do work. If jobs paid living wages most of the recipients would not qualify. https://www.cbpp.org/research/policy...e-program-snap
Raise wages, raise prices, raise wages, raise prices and the cat never catches it's tail.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:08 PM

18,348 posts, read 26,638,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Raise wages, raise prices, raise wages, raise prices and the cat never catches it's tail.
"Servants, labourers and workmen of different kinds, make up the far greater part of every great political society. But what improves the circumstances of the greater part can never be regarded as an inconvenience to the whole. No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable. It is but equity, besides, that they who feed, clothe, and lodge the whole body of the people, should have such a share of the produce of their own labour as to be themselves tolerably well fed, clothed and lodged."

— Adam Smith, Wealth of Nations

Old 01-11-2019, 01:08 AM

25,032 posts, read 9,770,124 times
Low income tenants will also be affected
Quote:
(CNN)The ongoing shutdown is creating uncertainty for tens of thousands of low-income tenants who rely on the federal government to help pay their rent.

The Department of Housing & Urban Development hasn't been able to renew roughly 1,650 contracts with private building owners who rent to poor Americans. These contracts either ran out in December or are expiring this month. Another 550 contracts are set to lapse in February.
Those contracts cover around 130,000 households, who have an average income of $12,000 a year. Many tenants are elderly or disabled.
With no sign of the shutdown ending soon,HUD has asked landlords to draw on their reserves to cover any shortfalls. The Washington Post first reported the development earlier this week.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/09/polit...own/index.html

Lesson learned, when the crap hits the fan, the government can't and won't save you. In the words of Warren Buffet, "It's only when the tide goes out, do you see who's been swimming naked."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies