Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 08:19 AM

5,133 posts, read 2,102,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
A football game? Really. People needed paid and Nancy could care less how long they were not paid. Trump obviously did and was willing to take the hit so they would.
This is what the guys of American Thinker thought. https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...pens_next.html

Quote:
Trump’s stonewall on the shutdown had to end because a choke point had been discovered by the opposition (a group that includes Congressional Democrats and government employee unions along with the media): commercial aviation. It was obvious when the Air Traffic Controllers demonstrated their ability to stymie air travel at the nation’s busiest airports that President Trump, having declared ownership of the shutdown, would be blamed for strangling the economy, and was on the hook for any air traffic control disaster that might, God forbid, happen. The Executive VP of the Air Traffic Controllers Association went on CNN to blame Trump for delays and safety issues. With the Super Bowl next weekend in the city with the world’s busiest airport, not only would business and family travel be impaired, the functioning of the nation’s premier sporting event was in peril.
But to see that happened just after Roger Stone arrest is only a coincidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 08:19 AM

63,532 posts, read 29,602,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Yes. If you give him what he wants, then we perpetually have government shut downs used as a weapon. Like a child. That’s the precedent that would have been set.

If Trump is a child then so are Nancy and Chuck. They held their ground just like he did. So what's the difference? It's just that the president had some leverage by shutting down the government. If Nancy and Chuck had the same power they would have done the same thing. If I recall Obama shut down the government and so have other presidents. Yet because it was Trump this time it's to be viewed as childish behavior. It's you and yours that need to grow up and stop being such hypocrites!

Old 01-26-2019, 08:24 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,419,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
We shall see, won't we? BTW, how many of the left's gloatfests have actually panned out and not blown up in their faces in the end? I lost count at zero...
How's that Muslim ban working out?

Old 01-26-2019, 08:25 AM

79,911 posts, read 44,500,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes sir!! I NO longer support him and I can honestly say that I did fully support him a couple days ago.

What he did was so much bigger than people realize, he proved very clearly that his word means nothing at all. When a presidents word cannot be trusted, he is finished.

However, its great that did cave, as it will be very easy to beat him in the future when it becomes necessary again.
We could go back further but we can note that the last two presidents lied to us more than once, with some of those being huge whoppers and they were both re-elected.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:25 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,116,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
No, they didn't. They were blocked by the Border Patrol, whose job was made somewhat easier by the presence of a physical barrier in the Tijuana area, where they attempted to cross.

What's going to happen when the next caravan organizer steers his crowd to an area that lacks a physical barrier? The Border Patrol will have to push them back in an open area, without the assistance of a barrier to keep them in check. Their job will be made much more difficult and more dangerous.

So, who do you support in this? American Border Patrol agents trying to prevent illegal entry by alien nationals, or the border crashers whose interest isn't assimilating into our culture but scarfing up our welfare benefits?
Not true. And no I’m for border security but I’m for smart border security not just a stupid expensive wall that was supposed to pay by Mexico and is now being pushed on us just because Trump wants to tell his minions see I built your wall.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:27 AM

63,532 posts, read 29,602,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Trump ran on Mexico will pay for the wall. Trump shut down the government over a campaign promise that he cannot keep.

Trump stated on TV that he would take the blame for the shutdown.

Worse still is the fact that Trump and the Congress had a deal ready to sign back in December and Trump reneged because of criticism on Fox News.

For some uber macho man, Trump has a thin skin. He also has crap for brains: his “base” has nowhere to go. He can’t grasp that.

"Mexico will pay for the wall", squawk, squawk. Don't you guys get tired of repeating the same old lines over and over in here? I have posted a link denoting how Mexico can pay for the wall. In the meantime, did you and yours get all worked up when the actual wall bill was passed back in 2006 and it was to soley be funded by the taxpayer? Thought not! If you and yours can't see the savings between building a $25 billion vs continuing paying the over $100 billion a year for illegal aliens then your thought process is all screwed up.

Yes, Trump put the shutdown in motion but it was the Democrats, mainly Pelosi and Schumer that kept it shut down by refusing to negotiate on the wall.

Oh, this crap again? Where is your proof that Trump backed off any proposal due to outside forces? Funny, how Coulter is calling him a wimp now for ending the shut down. Why didn't he listen to her this time? Just goes to show what story tellers you all are.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:29 AM

5,480 posts, read 2,147,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
How's that Muslim ban working out?
There was never a Muslim ban...that fiction was promoted by the MSM and repeated by the NPC's....like you!
He did put extra constraints on a very few countries that sponsor terrorism that happened to be mostly Muslim...out of many more muslim countries not on the ban list.. but that fact is inconvenient to your fake news.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:30 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,371,141 times
I heard something last night about legislation being put forward that would make it much tougher to shut down the government over budget issues. Anyone know anything about that (real facts, not opinions)

Old 01-26-2019, 08:30 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,954,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
"Mexico will pay for the wall", squawk, squawk. Don't you guys get tired of repeating the same old lines over and over in here? I have posted a link denoting how Mexico can pay for the wall. In the meantime, did you and yours get all worked up when the actual wall bill was passed back in 2006 and it was to soley be funded by the taxpayer? Thought not! If you and yours can't see the savings between building a $25 billion vs continuing paying the over $100 billion a year for illegal aliens then your thought process is all screwed up.

Yes, Trump put the shutdown in motion but it was the Democrats, mainly Pelosi and Schumer that kept it shut down by refusing to negotiate on the wall.

Oh, this crap again? Where is your proof that Trump backed off any proposal due to outside forces? Funny, how Coulter is calling him a wimp now for ending the shut down. Why didn't he listen to her this time? Just goes to show what liars you all are.

No one repeated "Mexico will pay for the wall" more than trump, squawk, squawk

Old 01-26-2019, 08:31 AM

13,874 posts, read 9,823,225 times
We should all rely on actual security experts recommendations instead of trumps gut instincts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies