Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2018, 09:18 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,428,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
I like Walter Williams' example of the Texas cattle rancher working to put steaks on the table of New Yorkers that he doesn't even like. It sounds bad to point out that he's doing it out of self-interest, but he is. He's not working for New Yorkers out of the goodness of his heart, or else they'd be steakless.

My main point is that I think collectivism is behind most of the evil in world history, and people don't connect the dots.

You can believe that every human has rights that should be respected, and that force shouldn't be used against them if they're just living peacefully and harming no one else. Defensive force is the only justified use of force.

Then you have the belief that, as long as we get an outcome that seems beneficial to the majority, it's okay to violate the rights of individuals who don't go along with the plan. Their will must be subjugated to the collective in the name of the common good.

I hope people learn at some point.
They do know it and believe it...they just don't apply it consistently across all facets of life. The State is the exception to all rules.

If every individual ran their home life the same way the State runs society...which they believe it has the right to do...they'd beat up their family members, blackmail them, kill them, steal from them, defraud them, etc.

Surely no one would want to live in a house like that and aside from a small percentage of sociopaths no one would want to run a household like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
So you think the US is a benevolent actor and not a terrorist organization?
It's a terrorist organization like all the other States. We should focus more on the paradigm that creates this cycle of theft, fraud, murder, etc rather than specifically focusing on each State and its record.

But to some extent I do agree it is ok to try to use the U.S. as an example since that State lays a claim on the lives of the people we are talking to on here but the paradigm itself needs to be defeated.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:24 PM

Quote:
I think you're about to illustrate how libertarians are more than just Republicans who want to smoke weed.

Being against these wars is one of the biggest parts of being libertarian.
I switched to edibles. No State required for my decision.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:29 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,364,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
They do know it and believe it...they just don't apply it consistently across all facets of life. The State is the exception to all rules.

If every individual ran their home life the same way the State runs society...which they believe it has the right to do...they'd beat up their family members, blackmail them, kill them, steal from them, defraud them, etc.

Surely no one would want to live in a house like that and aside from a small percentage of sociopaths no one would want to run a household like that.
Good point. Not everyone is cut out for the mafia.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:31 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,364,297 times
Quote:
I switched to edibles. No State required for my decision.

Trump: I knew No_Recess was eating those edibles. We go way back. I let him eat the edibles. It was my decision. Tremendous edibles.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:45 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,614,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As noted above, I'm simply for righting the ship.
I can’t see how you can justify armed robbery.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:45 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,464,276 times
Quote:
It's a terrorist organization like all the other States. We should focus more on the paradigm that creates this cycle of theft, fraud, murder, etc rather than specifically focusing on each State and its record.

But to some extent I do agree it is ok to try to use the U.S. as an example since that State lays a claim on the lives of the people we are talking to on here but the paradigm itself needs to be defeated.
A state is a vehicle of violence.

Old 12-23-2018, 10:01 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,351,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I can’t see how you can justify armed robbery.
I stated my position. You can address it or post your worthless statements. Doesn't matter to me.

Old 12-23-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Good point. Not everyone is cut out for the mafia.
Government is not the mafia.

The seals stamped on their papers and the ornate buildings downtown make the day-to-day operations dignified and official. Theft becomes "taxation", murder becomes "justice", extortion becomes "licensing", etc.

Old 12-23-2018, 10:30 PM

421 posts, read 154,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conradkk View Post
such a silly question. libertarians are nothing more than conservative/republicans

They're just more bitter and jaded.

it's that simple
Libertarians aren't Republicans. They've supported marriage equality since their founding in 1974, they support drug legalization, Immigration, and a host of other things that Republicans wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

People think that they are Republicans because they are fiscally conservative.

I doubt that Libertarians have a higher IQ than others, but they are definitely more independent thinkers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies