Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 05:50 PM

20,927 posts, read 9,637,799 times

Advertisements

The poor kittens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2018, 05:51 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,688,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Couldn't people just bring on emotional support Teddy Bears? They're not alive but still furry and cuddly. Just wondering.
That and a blankie while sucking one's thumb should work at calming them down.

Otherwise the airlines can permit smoking again and hand out cigarettes along with the Biscoff's.

Old 12-11-2018, 05:54 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,908,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
This will not stand, hopefully it will get shot down........going all the way up to SCOTUS if necessary.

Someone unnecessarily trembling in utter fear and terrifiedness on a flight, because they are without their needed equipment...........all because the hatehype has made emotional-comfort-animals all evil and grainy, SMH!!!!!
Blame the scammers and liars. How did we ever function so long without support kittens?

How about the woman who tried to take a damned Peacock on a flight, claiming it was her support animal?
Many actually do need a support animal. Many just need an excuse as well.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:05 PM

6,674 posts, read 4,301,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
These "emotional support animals" drive me nuts. I go to the grocery store and see someone with their dog near all the food , especially the meat coolers, and I feel like saying something. We are pet friendly at my place of employment, but we don't sell food, and people bring dogs in all the time. We even keep treats for them, but the people who can not function without a dog, cat, or alligator by their side have problems a pet ain't gonna fix !

I realize there are some people who are emotionally not all there, but this whole thing has gotten way out of hand. If I couldn't go somewhere without my cat Lucky there to make it ok, I would stay at home.
The local Costco posted a sign outside the entrance a few months back that says ESA are not allowed. Service animals welcome but NO ESAs.

I’ve seen them stop people with their dogs and get cussed out, yelled at and otherwise abused. We were coming in one time and they had security there because some guy was trying to force his way in with his dog. These people are unhinged.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:10 PM

6,674 posts, read 4,301,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Take a freaking allergy pill. They are cheap and over the counter. There’s a lot of whining on both sides.
Or leave the damn dog at home.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:13 PM

6,935 posts, read 3,984,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Walmart starting cracking down a few weeks ago. If asked, you must provide proof of a trained service animal. No pets. And no animals can ride in the cart. Now if they would just make brats be on a leash.

They can't ask for proof. The only two questions any business can ask is "is that a service animal" and "what tasks is it trained to perform?" Anything further is a violation of ADA.

Also service animals cannot ride in carts or sit on chairs or any other public seating.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:20 PM

6,935 posts, read 3,984,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Wal-Mart is not allowed to ask for proof that the animal is a service animal, or what ailment or disability the service animal helps with, but someone walking in with their little dog in their arms is NOT bringing in a service animal. A service animal is not going to be carried like that. In that case, the store can absolutely tell the people not to bring in their emotional support animal.

The last time I was in a Walmart was a week ago, the largest store in the entire chain, in Albany NY. When I went through self-checkout there was a woman who had either a min-pin of chihuahua in her arms at one of the other kiosks. Someone let her in with that dog.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:44 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,605,099 times
You can still take animals on a flight, though, yes? They just have to be a certain size to fit under your seat or they have to fly cargo.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:46 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,887,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's hard to believe you actually think this is a solution.
Well, that is the solution. A person may encounter a dog or cat at any time outside their home, that includes flights.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:28 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,688,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Well, that is the solution. A person may encounter a dog or cat at any time outside their home, that includes flights.
Nobody should have to take an allergy pill for *support* dogs. Service dogs, fine. There's nothing those folks can do about their very real challenges.

Cat allergies can be particularly bad. I know two people who were on allergy and asthma meds and inhalers and both were hospitalized after being in homes that had cats.

And as I posted earlier, these dogs aren't trained and people have been bitten. It's not just about allergies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies