Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 10:05 AM

10,557 posts, read 6,232,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Awwwwww, sure you are.

No. Why are you?

Old 10-05-2018, 10:06 AM

46,519 posts, read 27,381,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The FBI delivered more information to the Senate late yesterday - I wonder if Lisa Murkowski bothered to read it. I know that Susan Collins is spending a lot of time reading the FBI reports and was doing so again this morning.

This was reported this morning in the Wall Street Journal, it's a paywall site and Daily Caller is also reporting on it.

REPORT: FORD’S FRIEND FELT PRESSURE TO CHANGE STORY DENYING KNOWLEDGE OF PARTY, KAVANAUGH |Daily Caller - 10/5/18

When Christine Blasey Ford alleged she had been sexually assaulted by a then 15-year-old Brett Kavanaugh, she offered the name of a female friend who she said was at the party with her – Leland Keyser.

Keyser, through her lawyer, denied any memory of such a party or knowing Kavanaugh at all. Since that original statement, the Wall Street Journal reports, Keyser was pressured to change her statement to be more supportive of the claim.

Keyser “told FBI investigators that she felt pressured by Dr. Ford’s allies to revisit her initial statement that she knew nothing about an alleged sexual assault by a teenage Brett Kavanaugh, which she later updated she believed but couldn’t corroborate Dr. Ford’s account,” according the the Journal.

One of the people Keyser told investigators had reached out to encourage the change was former FBI agent and Ford friend Monica McLean. McLean is the woman an ex-boyfriend of Ford’s swore in a statement to the Senate had been coached by Ford on how to handle a polygraph test, contradicting her sworn testimony. McLean issued a press statement through Ford’s lawyers denying the allegation.

Of course McLean refutes that she attempted to get Keyser to support Ford's story - Keyser appeared to be aware that it is a Felony to lie to either the Judicial Committee Investigators and certainly to the FBI.

She informed the FBI when they did the supplemental Investigation what the Ford Allies/ including the friend McLean (who Ford coached for the Polygraph test) - they tried to get her to LIE. Keyser refused.

The more we find out -- all the things that Blasey-Ford couldn't remember, all the things she kept changing in her story, the "I can't fly" (until we found out she flew all over the world) - it just gets worse.

It's worth noting that Rachel Mitchell got Ford to admit that she was staying in the same small Beach Town that McLean lives in when she wrote the letter to Feinstein AND when she went to her polygraph test. McLean is a former DOJ/FBI employee who quit right after Donald Trump was elected - she is Ford's "Best Friend", Ford was staying with a former DOJ/FBI employee and told Mitchell she just didn't know how to contact the Judicial Committee .... does that really make sense to anyone??

It even gets more interesting when you look at the Lawyers that both McLean and Blasey Ford have hired and their connections to a specific division at DOJ/FBI that were involved in FISA warrants.
Sometimes - there really are no coincidences.

They don't care about that....but great post, I wonder if the MSM is even talking about this?

Old 10-05-2018, 10:06 AM

22,196 posts, read 9,791,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I'm curious to know, what the ford supporters think about the retired FBI agent who went to one of fords longtime friends who denied remembering being there, asking her to reconsider her statement?
They won't answer. The were told to just keep repeating that it is a job interview and not a trial and that he doesn't have the temperament. They only repeat what they are told to say.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:07 AM

27,863 posts, read 16,392,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Kavanaugh so perfectly represents everything about this administration.

White, male, entitled, angry, over-privileged and hyper-partisan.

And the mantra: deny, deny, deny.

They should confirm him. I can't think of a better symbol to represent the current times and this place in history.
White , male, Best symbol in the world

2,211 posts, read 1,596,532 times
The bigger question.. Will SCOTUS Justice Brett Kavanaugh receive a written apology from Dr. Ford a.k.a. Looks Like Old Lady On NCIS Ford? (Notice how we don't even mention the other two allegations anymore, a willing media couldn't even do anything with those, they were so weak.)

39,198 posts, read 51,614,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I'm curious to know, what the ford supporters think about the retired FBI agent who went to one of fords longtime friends who denied remembering being there, asking her to reconsider her statement?
I'm OK with it. But I am curious what Kavanaugh supporters think of his calling potential witnesses to a crime he committed asking them to cover for him - and then lying under oath about when he became aware of the charge.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:08 AM

27,863 posts, read 16,392,033 times
Think I’ll have a ...beer

10,557 posts, read 6,232,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
White , male, Best symbol in the world

Yeah, if you are racist.

34,297 posts, read 15,770,066 times
The nomination advances in the vote today but the communist loving democrats are still in contention with a possible victory tomorrow.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:09 AM

46,519 posts, read 27,381,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I'm OK with it. But I am curious what Kavanaugh supporters think of his calling potential witnesses to a crime he committed asking them to cover for him - and then lying under oath about when he became aware of the charge.

So, you are good with pressuring a witness to lie?

NO clue what you're talking about...really...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies