Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 09:16 AM

22,979 posts, read 27,225,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Too bad Napolitano is proven wrong most of the time.
Watch him on Fox News, and follow-up what he says, and you see he's a very lazy "expert".
He has to prove the extent of Kavanaugh's involvement in the writing of a law before he blames him for that law.
And he failed to prove that.
Isn't he the same guy that got suspended from FOX for shooting off his mouth?

Old 10-05-2018, 09:16 AM

5,749 posts, read 2,234,216 times
I almost hope Manchin wins this November, there’s something about WV and Joe that just fit. Mccaskill Donnelly and Heitkamp will be out the door this November for sure

Old 10-05-2018, 09:17 AM

38,841 posts, read 22,717,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't know. There are other reasons Alaskans don't love Kavanaugh. That said, it's refreshing to see someone vote their conscience without worrying about which way the political wind blows.

{snip}
...and regardless whether or not their decision flies in the face of a complete and total the lack of facts and evidence.

Who needs a justice system at all, when those things don't matter. Mob rule is king on the Democrat side, our laws and universal concept of a fair and honest justice system be damned.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:17 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,906,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Listen if he had passed it you would have cried how they aren't reliable, and I would have agreed with you. I am not a Kavanaugh supporter. I am anti-guilty until proven innocent. That BS Feinstein and the democrats pulled is third world BS.
Besides that he doesn't have to take the test. The burden is upon the accuser to prove guilt.

Ford may have been assaulted. I am not calling her a liar. I am saying 36 years later with no proof, no evidence, no witnesses, Kavanaugh gets a pass. I am glad that we don't convict people because they look funny or because the accuser is cute or because we simply feel sorry for someone.

I wish I had a dollar for every time the left said Innocent until proven guilty even when the criminal is caught in the act. Still deserves a trial.... Well you on the left convicted Kavanaugh without a trial, without a shred of evidence, without a witness. You convicted based upon party line and agenda.

Polygraghs used for employment. Yep the corporation I worked for used to use them until they got sued for a false hit.
I am waiting for Senators to start throwing their shoes. Hey, it could happen at this point.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:18 AM

59,543 posts, read 27,933,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yes because they don't believe him to be an impartial judge.

There is no question that the Democrats used the Ford information and subsequent accusations in their attempt to not have Kavanaugh confirmed.

I believe Republicans would have tried the same thing if the conditions were reversed.

BUT -- the main reason Democrats/liberals don't want Kavanaugh confirmed is they don't believe him to be impartial. They believe he has an agenda to reverse Roe V. Wade -- to protect the President if there is any criminal charges or more legal issues for the President.

Those are the real issues.

I don't believe - or I guess I don't want to believe that Roe vs. Wade will be over turned. But I do have some concerns with Kavanaugh's belief that the President is above the law (not just this one - -all Presidents -- lol)
And I wonder how aggressively or if it will become an issue. I think that most people realize that if SCOTUS rulings give to much power or advantage to the Presidency -- in future years that could come back to haunt them.

These discussion have been lost in the Ford scandal and drama. ...both sides guilty of creating the chaos.

But that's the reality....they don't believe he is an impartial candidate.

"BUT -- the main reason Democrats/liberals don't want Kavanaugh confirmed is they don't believe him to be impartial"

B.S Shumer and other dems came out as SOON AS Kav's name was announced that they would STOP his taking a seat on the Court NO MATTER WHAT, LONG before any "hearings were held.

11,011 posts, read 11,111,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I am waiting for Senators to start throwing their shoes. Hey, it could happen at this point.
You keep saying things that make me laugh but are oh so true and now I have to spread it around before I can rep you again.

16,234 posts, read 5,968,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Exactly. But you know what? It doesn't matter. He will be confirmed anyway. By continuing to support Kavanaugh, supporters are saying they will not believe a woman in their lives who says she was sexually assaulted. They will not believe their wife, or their daughter, or sister if there is no "proof." It has to be on videotape, or her friend has to witness it or something. Otherwise, she's just a liar. Make no mistake, that is what you are saying. They are also saying it's OK for a judge on the highest court in the land to lie under oath numerous times. A man who will be a judge for decades. It's OK because he is a conservative. They would never hire such a man to clean their office or run their cash register, but they would hire him for Supreme Court justice. As long as he's a Republican, that's all that matters.
No That is your opinion.

I am no Kavanaugh supporter, but I do support innocent until proven guilty. If you have evidence that Kavanaugh did what he was accused of bring it.
The Dems obviously didn't. No doubt in my mind they tried hard, but came up empty. I honestly dont care if Kavanaugh is selected. I honestly care that what the dems did to him can now be done to anyone.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:19 AM

11,172 posts, read 4,563,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Isn't he the same guy that got suspended from FOX for shooting off his mouth?
Yes that's him.

28,021 posts, read 29,186,933 times
Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh is all but a done deal at this point.

16,234 posts, read 5,968,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Hahaha no doubt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies