Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 10:23 AM

17,154 posts, read 13,110,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I suspect voters are more concerned with the principle of innocent until proven guilty -- the foundation of our legal system. She has nothing but her word and her word is muddled in time lapses, memory lapses, and downright lies.
I see no lawyers, law professors, voters, or Harvard law students asking for Kavanaugh to be confirmed because he's such a great guy. I see plenty of people asking for the opposite. Once again, a Senate hearing is not a criminal investigation. And much more than the sexual misconduct accusations was revealed.

Kavanaugh's behavior under questioning was also revealed, and it showed a judge who would lie under oath. Dr. Ford isn't trying to get on the Supreme Court; he is, but Kavanaugh supporters are also dismissing that behavior. Should a judge be rewarded for perjury now? Is that how low Republicans have stooped?

Old 10-04-2018, 10:24 AM

11,176 posts, read 4,568,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
As painful as this Kavanaugh business has been, the one positive thing is it has pulled the mask off the democrats for
everyone to see their shameless immorality, hypocrisy, double standards and dishonest behavior.
And its become the biggest issue of the year, and a reason for Republicans to vote.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:24 AM

12,183 posts, read 6,725,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I'm of a similar thought. On this thread (and it's predecessor), I was saying I thought something happened to her but thought she was wrong on Kavanaugh given the lack of corroboration. Now, while not 100%, I'm leaning much closer to her fabricating this story.
Same here. I originally thought something had credibly happened to her.
It was the ex boyfriends letter that really did it for me. Showed me she had a long history of lying and the extra details about her cheating on him then stealing $600 from him, lying and getting caught in the lie was the frosting.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:25 AM

8,757 posts, read 10,306,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I see no lawyers, law professors, voters, or Harvard law students asking for Kavanaugh to be confirmed because he's such a great guy. I see plenty of people asking for the opposite. Once again, a Senate hearing is not a criminal investigation. And much more than the sexual misconduct accusations was revealed.

Kavanaugh's behavior under questioning was also revealed, and it showed a judge who would lie under oath. Dr. Ford isn't trying to get on the Supreme Court; he is, but Kavanaugh supporters are also dismissing that behavior. Should a judge be rewarded for perjury now? Is that how low Republicans have stooped?
Moving along...

Old 10-04-2018, 10:25 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,111,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post

No matter how many times you claim perjury, it doesn't make it true. Notice, even the Senate Democrats aren't trying to pursue that claim. Why? Because he did NOT commit perjury. Enough. Your debunked claims wear thin.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:26 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,752,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
More liars? Because that's what these "survivors" are. Lying media whores.
You have no idea if what you are saying is true.

"I think I'll accuse someone of rape because that's going to make my life better" said no woman ever

Old 10-04-2018, 10:26 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,622,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
People who are alcoholics tend to die at an earlier age. It would appear Kavanaugh is an alcoholic. Thus, it is reasonable to guess that Kavanaugh could die at a relatively early age.
He admits to liking his beer and even a lot: that is nowhere near suggesting he is an alcoholic. How much do you,personally know about alcoholics? As for dying at an early age: anyone of us could die at an early age.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:27 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,111,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Same here. I originally thought something had credibly happened to her.
It was the ex boyfriends letter that really did it for me. Showed me she had a long history of lying and the extra details about her cheating on him then stealing $600 from him, lying and getting caught in the lie was the frosting.
Which plenty of people like to skip over was said under the penalty of felony. Plus the door thing. Just too much showing her to be far less than credible now. And I was always bothered by the fact that she conveniently forgot any fact that would help corroborate her story (e.g. date, time, location - even approximates of those).

16,952 posts, read 16,888,809 times
The show is OVER! The Dems Lose again. No evidence of any sexual assault. Let's move forward now.

33,942 posts, read 22,752,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
No matter how many times you claim perjury, it doesn't make it true. Notice, even the Senate Democrats aren't trying to pursue that claim. Why? Because he did NOT commit perjury. Enough. Your debunked claims wear thin.
Because the FBI was not allowed to investigate Kav's perjury. And with good reason, I'm sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies