Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 10:28 PM

21,532 posts, read 10,662,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Speaking of Halloween, we know who the top two scary masks will be.

Barbara Boxer, a former democrat California Senator is gushing about how since Kavanaugh raised his voice during the hearing, we can see how he could and would attack women.

A senator. Thank God an ex one, but we pay her $170,000.00 / year? What a GD rippoff.
Yeah, I’ve seen this talking point a lot. I think that points to internal polling saying the allegation isn’t working so let’s focus on his demeanor and alcohol use.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:28 PM

25,605 posts, read 56,653,892 times
Default Chad Ludington’s Statement on Kavanaugh’s Drinking and Senate Testimony

In tonight's NYT from a Yale classmate - Chad Ludington:

Excerpts:
Quote:
at Yale, and I can speak to no other times, Brett was a frequent drinker, and a heavy drinker. When Brett got drunk, he was often belligerent and aggressive. [see article for description of one incident]

I do not believe that the heavy drinking or even loutish behavior of an 18- or even 21-year-old should condemn a person for the rest of his life. I would be a hypocrite to think so.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/30/u...ction=Trending
This comports with a statement made by another Yale classmate, Lynne Brooke (by phone [says she's a Republican]) on Cuomo Thursday night, who said she and other Yale classmates were very disturbed at his portrayal of himself. A choirboy he wasn't - and the Yale people are ticked off that he is lying to the Senate about his Yale days. They all partied hard. Kavanaugh was no exception.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-30-2018 at 11:42 PM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 09-30-2018, 10:29 PM

16,106 posts, read 6,435,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Speaking of Halloween, we know who the top two scary masks will be.

Barbara Boxer, a former democrat California Senator is gushing about how since Kavanaugh raised his voice during the hearing, we can see how he could and would attack women.

A senator. Thank God an ex one, but we pay her $170,000.00 / year? What a GD rippoff.
I'm going with a Kav mask and this hat:

https://images-mm.s3.amazonaws.com/B...ng_Hat_POP.jpg

Last edited by Oldhag1; 09-30-2018 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: Copyrighted material

Old 09-30-2018, 10:31 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,125,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
In tonight's NYT from a Yale classmate:

Excerpts:
This comports with a statement made by another Yale classmate, Lynne Brooke (by phone [says she's a Republican]) on Cuomo Thursday night, who said she and other Yale classmates were very disturbed at his portrayal of himself. A choirboy he wan't - and the Yale people are ticked off that he is lying to the Senate about his Yale days.
He lied under oath. But apparently that's now acceptable for a Supreme Court Justice.

11,011 posts, read 11,067,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Actually I think Flake did the Republicans a favor.

I don't believe Kavanaugh did this or there was ever such gathering.

But right now this is all about public perception.

At the end of the week and nothing new is found Kavanaugh goes to the court.

Expect the dems to switch gears and make this into an issue of Kavanaugh’s temperament.

But I don't think that will work. Kavanaugh was pissed off at the hearing and for many watching justifiable so.
On the bolded (my emphasis), a lot of people were watching this too. So no filter through media’s talking heads, they got to see it for themselves and thus far, most people I’ve talked to - left and right - understood his anger. I do have two very far left relatives who disagree and they’re parroting the exact same lines you’ve seen from lefties on here.

32,241 posts, read 15,213,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I think they know her accusation is bunk. That’s why they waited last minute, used the media to create a frenzy, and didn’t address this in closed hearings earlier in the process when they had the letter. They knew this wouldn’t hold up,and only wanted a reason to cause delay which is why every single one of them asked for that delay. Every single one. And along comes the ambling idiot Jeff Flake who was bamboozled by his good friend Coons to deliver for them.
This is what our government was all about until the extremists took over....democrats and republicans working together. This is what Flake and Coons did.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:34 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,067,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
This is what our government was all about until the extremists took over....democrats and republicans working together. This is what Flake and Coons did.
I would be more impressed if it was on something like an infrastructure bill but to play into the Democrats’ political ploy of delay, delay, delay, I’m not so forgiving of Flake.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:34 PM

17,419 posts, read 11,420,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Okay, enough already. The damage is done, and regardless of the FBI investigation outcome , BK is tarnished. He should withdraw and Trump can nominate another. Amy Barrett perhaps ? The dems should be happy with that one...i would think. She isn't an evil old white guy.
No sorry, you don't let smearing and lies win. He'll be on the Supreme Court like it or not just like Clarence Thomas. No one is backing down because Democrats now say he's tainted, has a bad temper or is an alcoholic. That's not going to fly now at all.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:37 PM

17,419 posts, read 11,420,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Wouldn’t working in the White House qualify for that?
He had full access to President Bush and had the highest level of security clearance. To bad so sad for Dems trying to say he's not qualified because of alcohol use when he was in school. No one that matters cares at all.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:40 PM

25,605 posts, read 56,653,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Yeah, I’ve seen this talking point a lot. I think that points to internal polling saying the allegation isn’t working so let’s focus on his demeanor and alcohol use.
Do you want a truthful unbiased impartial judge as a SC justice - or would you prefer a known liar - this from a Yale classmate:

www.city-data.com/forum/53239008-post251.html

and a blatant political partisan - both of which Kavanaugh clearly revealed himself to be?

My entire issue with Kavanaugh is his inappropriate and unprofessional, biased, lacking in judicial temperament performance.

His insubordinate, disrespectful rudeness to Amy Klobuchar was unacceptable.

Biased attacks on Democrats, Clintons and conspiracy theories - frightening.

The man harbors hate, anger, and bias - and would be subject to recusal demands from attys on the wrong side of the political specturm.

He certainly had a right to express his emotional angst at the scrutiny and allegations.

But voicing his political bias and hatred was a bridge too far. No judicial impartiality in sight - anywhere.

Is THIS what you want on the bench?

Last edited by Ariadne22; 09-30-2018 at 10:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies