Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 01:26 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,866,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
If Kavanaugh were guilty of these accusations he would not have accepted the nomination to serve on the Supreme Court because he would know, without a doubt, that his credibility would be investigated and any past negative events would be brought to light and he'd be expected to prove his innocence.

He would never put himself, his family, and his career in such jeopardy.
Exactly! And this issue would have come up 6 FBI investigations ago.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Every single statement given to the Judiciary Committee Investigators was under penalty of felony (5 year sentence for lies) - that was repeated many times during the Hearing AND it's posted on the Senate Judiciary website .... not to mention that I've posted that LINK several times.

Rest assured - the FBI has re-interviewed these people and they gave them a statement - we will find out what it all is when the FBI turns in their report.

About that Report .... via Elizabeth Landers CNN reporter

Guess who does NOT want the FBI Report to be made Public?? Guess who wants it a Secret??

https://twitter.com/ElizLanders/stat...71789787467776

I can't say I'm surprised by this ....
Sure, who wants pie in their face?

Old 10-02-2018, 01:27 PM

22,278 posts, read 9,832,601 times
Sounds like the investigation is done. They one they haven't re interviewed is Ford herself. I am guessing they tried it as a delay tactic and the Senate Judiciary committee told them to pound sand. They are using her prior testimony.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Sounds like the investigation is done. They one they haven't re interviewed is Ford herself. I am guessing they tried it as a delay tactic and the Senate Judiciary committee told them to pound sand. They are using her prior testimony.

From the article:

"Two other marriage counselors who worked for Randall’s now-defunct Palo Alto clinic -- Couples Resource Center -- also shared an address with Ford’s home."

Old 10-02-2018, 01:29 PM

17,473 posts, read 11,520,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Every single statement given to the Judiciary Committee Investigators was under penalty of felony (5 year sentence for lies) - that was repeated many times during the Hearing AND it's posted on the Senate Judiciary website .... not to mention that I've posted that LINK several times.

Rest assured - the FBI has re-interviewed these people and they gave them a statement - we will find out what it all is when the FBI turns in their report.

About that Report .... via Elizabeth Landers CNN reporter

Guess who does NOT want the FBI Report to be made Public?? Guess who wants it a Secret??

https://twitter.com/ElizLanders/stat...71789787467776

I can't say I'm surprised by this ....
I am since she's one of the biggest leakers in Washington.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:30 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,677,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Feinstein held the information until the 11th hour and lawyered her up, as per Ford's testimony, which is in violation of the Senate Judiciary rules. Feinstein can say that she did not hold the information, but that is contrary to what she actually did by recommending the activist attorneys from DC.

OH PLEASE!

Republican held well over 100 judicial seats open and empty until you guys could stack them. And worst Republicans left the SCOTUS with an empty seat for over a year just to stop Obama appointing someone.

so PLEASE don't give us any 11th hour bs, if a year is not too long neither is a couple of extra weeks.

you know what this is about just as well as we do. Trump wants to put his thug in power so that his thug can protect trump when he and his buddies are impeached. And Trump does not give a damn about the quality of the person he uses as his tool. Brett is not a good pick for the US SC.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:32 PM

2,102 posts, read 1,023,082 times
Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) said that he doesn’t anticipate the FBI’s final report from its inquiry into Brett Kavanaugh would be made public, adding that such a break from protocol “might actually hurt” the bureau’s ability to conduct such probes.

But he didn't say that it couldn't be leaked!

Last edited by Rumann Koch; 10-02-2018 at 01:41 PM..

Old 10-02-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
OH PLEASE!

Republican held well over 100 judicial seats open and empty until you guys could stack them. And worst Republicans left the SCOTUS with an empty seat for over a year just to stop Obama appointing someone.

so PLEASE don't give us any 11th hour bs, if a year is not too long neither is a couple of extra weeks.

you know what this is about just as well as we do. Trump wants to put his thug in power so that his thug can protect trump when he and his buddies are impeached. And Trump does not give a damn about the quality of the person he uses as his tool. Brett is not a good pick for the US SC.
It was their choice to keep Garland off the seat. They didn't drag his name through a scandalous, filthy, lying process to do that.

Quote:

The relevant text is the appointments clause of Article II, Section 2, which provides: “[The president] shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States…” This language makes the Senate’s consent a prerequisite to presidential appointments, but it does not place any duty on the Senate to act nor describe how it should proceed in its decision-making process.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ominee/482733/

Old 10-02-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Sexual assault. If it's okay for the President, I guess it's okay for everyone, even a SC justice.
Who came forward that was not a consensual adult on Trump? - no one.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:37 PM
exm

3,759 posts, read 1,825,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
OH PLEASE!

Can you share the history of the Senate approved by the opposing party from the past 50 years to confirm this is a normal practice for EITHER party?

Can you also do the same for SCOTUS appointments? [Remember the Biden rule]

PLEASE share me your tears. Both sides are doing this.

What is new is to destroy someone character and reputation. THAT'S on the dems and will haunt them for many, many years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.