Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2018, 09:48 AM

5,305 posts, read 6,194,603 times

Advertisements

It's not just the R.C. Church that has problems with renegade clergy. Every denomination has outliers and not just sexual. The Freedom From Religion Foundation's monthly publication, "Freethought Today" publishes a section called "black collar crime," which documents the many instances of sexual abuse, grifting, extortion, perversion, fraud, robbery, etc. carried out by clergy. Only one sample of the column is available on the internet, but you can get an idea of the scope of the abuse.

https://ffrf.org/news/news-releases/...-crime-blotter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 09:50 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,846,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
It's not just the R.C. Church that has problems with renegade clergy. Every denomination has outliers and not just sexual. The Freedom From Religion Foundation's monthly publication, "Freethought Today" publishes a section called "black collar crime," which documents the many instances of sexual abuse, grifting, extortion, perversion, fraud, robbery, etc. carried out by clergy. Only one sample of the column is available on the internet, but you can get an idea of the scope of the abuse.

https://ffrf.org/news/news-releases/...-crime-blotter
Yes, religions are a hotbed for sexual abuse against children.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:51 AM

8,499 posts, read 6,911,311 times
Once you take a group of otherwise healthy young men and impose a strict rule of lifetime celibacy sexual urges can channel into dark places. The Catholic Church could solve many of their most troublesome problems by letting the clergy engage in normal sexual relationships.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:53 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,658,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The priests would simply be protected and relocated, either way, by the diocese.
I know. It's disgusting.

I can't belong to any organized religion.

I don't think it's necessary.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:07 AM

5,305 posts, read 6,194,603 times
Found another "black collar crime report."

https://ffrf.org/outreach/item/16881...-collar-crimes

Old 08-15-2018, 10:10 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,094,185 times
Dear God.

One priest forced a boy to perform oral sex on him, then washed his mouth out with holy water. Another priest molested an 18-month old baby.

These people need to be hanged.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:11 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,831,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
stomach churning, horrible news. I feel so sad for the girls and boys abused by the priests they trusted. I was sexually abused by a high school coach. I was gutted, but never said a word to anyone for a long time except my boyfriend because I was too naïve to know what happened to me and knew no one would believe me instead of this revered man. Unless one has been through sexual abuse by an authority figure, you have no idea how this betrayal of trust feels.

the catholic church should be so ashamed for their coverup.

edited to add: the coach I reference above retired recently with a huge spread of praise in the local paper. I wrote the newspaper about what this coach did to me almost 40 years ago. my letter was never published.
It's horrific. And I'm sure is continuing to this day. Unconscionable.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:14 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,831,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Dear God.

One priest forced a boy to perform oral sex on him, then washed his mouth out with holy water. Another priest molested an 18-month old baby.

These people need to be hanged.
These priests should be castrated. Jesus.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:24 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,198,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
These priests should be castrated. Jesus.
Yes, they should be made an example of for sure. We need to send a message to these sick priests that this behavior needs to end in the churches for good. Prison should be made very “difficult” on these animals. These victims will struggle to live a normal life

Old 08-15-2018, 10:42 AM

19,729 posts, read 10,147,288 times
Pennsylvania priest recommended for Disney World job after sexual abuse allegations, grand jury report says

One of them was given a reference to work at Disney World.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies