Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 07:13 PM

19,855 posts, read 12,130,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
It turned out for the best- she's getting her 15 minutes and may be able to cash out- which was all she was hoping for anyways- well that and affirmations that she's just the epitome of feminine beauty, and that cottage cheese is sexy! Who ever is invested in fedoras is going to make serious bank, based on call the thirsty white knights. BTW, Did you donate to her FoR uncLe? If not, why not?
As of an hour ago, she was up to $30. Enough for a new pair of shorts off the sale rack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 07:14 PM

34,078 posts, read 17,134,198 times
The publicity occurred solely due to getting tossed out. No toss out, no one hears about it.

Malls are dying. They should not be tossing out their last few remaining patrons.

A very large one near me, is a ghost town, in large areas, even on weekends.

Know your enemy, mall owners. It is A-M-A-Z-O-N. Cater to anyone who patronizes you.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:18 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,024,024 times
Yeah, the outfit is trashy, but I’m surprised at all the posts saying this woman is enormous. She’s no athlete or model, but I’d say she’s a size 8 at most.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:18 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,039,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
actually it does not, and IMO the mall cop over reacted.

When I shop, I truly do not care what shoppers wear.

The threat a mall faces is from Amazon, not Daisy Dukes.

and the little badge the McCop has does not impress me at all.

I agree with all of this. I wouldn't have had her leave either. My guess is some religious zealot got offended by her shorts- given that this was Alabama, that would be most likely. Not sure what else it could be, since overweight tatted up , boorish young ladies with an inflated ego and sense of entitlement are as American as God, guns, and greed!!

Old 08-04-2018, 07:19 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,039,063 times
Quote:
The publicity occurred solely due to getting tossed out. No toss out, no one hears about it.

Malls are dying. They should not be tossing out their last few remaining patrons.

A very large one near me, is a ghost town, in large areas, even on weekends.

Know your enemy, mall owners. It is A-M-A-Z-O-N. Cater to anyone who patronizes you.
Agreed

Old 08-04-2018, 07:23 PM

I buy stuff with Amazon because bean-counters (and my degree (Bachelors) was accounting), have convinced stores to cut SKUs on display - stupid, stupid, stupid, move , and geez I am not about to take the time to visit stores at a mall only to see I cannot get what I want, when I want it.

Amazon always has what I want.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:30 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,641,036 times
Quote:
I buy stuff with Amazon because bean-counters (and my degree (Bachelors) was accounting), have convinced stores to cut SKUs on display - stupid, stupid, stupid, move , and geez I am not about to take the time to visit stores at a mall only to see I cannot get what I want, when I want it.

Amazon always has what I want.
Do you wear your daisy dukes?

Old 08-04-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Do you wear your daisy dukes?

LOL. No.

Seriously, though, malls had better figure out how to stop the bleeding of their customer base, because if they do not, they are hastening their own demise.

I abhor how Amazon treats people-whether direct employment or via agency-but many times I cannot buy what I want at a mall. Amazon, I find, has it every single time, and its on my doorstep within a few days.

Many chains are simply trying to extend how long they last, while doing squat about turning things around.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:50 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,641,036 times
Quote:
LOL. No.

Seriously, though, malls had better figure out how to stop the bleeding of their customer base, because if they do not, they are hastening their own demise.

I abhor how Amazon treats people-whether direct employment or via agency-but many times I cannot buy what I want at a mall. Amazon, I find, has it every single time, and its on my doorstep within a few days.

Many chains are simply trying to extend how long they last, while doing squat about turning things around.
I think we're going to continue seeing fewer and fewer brick and mortars. It's a new world where people don't want to take the time to go get something, they'd rather stay at home and shop online because they see it as a better use of their time. I've heard people at work say they're ordering items from Amazon and getting them the same day. Not two days later, which I still think is amazing - but the same day they placed the order. It's a real shift in the mindset of shoppers.

The SKU's that are carried, by the way, are determined by the partnership between the brands marketing team and the retailers team assigned to that brand. Retail shelf space is expensive real estate so if the brand comes out with new products, they're going to limit some other product or eliminate it from certain stores entirely and then you can only find it online.

There's actually a lot more that goes into it but that's a broad view of who is determining these things.

Old 08-04-2018, 08:16 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 15 days ago)

35,657 posts, read 18,021,886 times
Quote:
actually it does not, and IMO the mall cop over reacted.

When I shop, I truly do not care what shoppers wear.

The threat a mall faces is from Amazon, not Daisy Dukes.

and the little badge the McCop has does not impress me at all.
With stories like this that are completely one sided, you kind of have to unpack them to try to reach the truth.

This wasn't a little badge McCop who kicked her out. The first guy got in a tiff with her, then he called a supervisor, and finally the director of Mall Security was called. That's not a McCop. That's a manager of security for a large mall.

She didn't get booted out for these vulgar shorts. She got booted out for her aggressive behavior, which she admits to in her otherwise very one-sided rant.

Much ado about nothing. She herself states she went to the mall to "look around", (apparently the thought of buying wasn't even on her radar) and then she picked a fight with security, which caused the manager of security to ask her to leave.

Why anyone is taking up her flag is beyond me. The last thing I want to encounter is a hostile nonshopper who's trying to grab her 15 minutes of fame by fighting with security when I go to the mall for a pair of black dress pants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies