Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 02:47 PM

10,190 posts, read 8,010,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I don't care if you believe me or not, but it is the truth.
I joined in 1976 shortly after my eighteenth birthday...I am now over 60.
I was a conservative conservative at first, then in the last years a Moderate Republican.
And I have never ever voted for anyone just because they had an R next to their name (Or a D).
I would examine the Candidate, party aside and vote my conscience.
I am Liberal in some ways, Conservative in some ways and Moderate in most ways.

For me, this willful ignorance of the right, right now, is the biggest obstacle and problem our country
faces. It is frustrating to me, that more of our Leaders on the Right won't speak up and stand up against

Trump.

When I joined the GOP in 1976, the Republicans back then would be considered Wild Liberals by the
Conservatives today. You all would have labeled Reagan a leftist!!!!!
Republicans back then stood for fiscal responsibility, free trade, freedom of Speech, Education, Science...and it helped embrace civil rights...
stuff that the right is running from in terror today.

It was a shock that they could ever nominate someone like Donald Trump.

I didn't leave the Republican Party. It left me.
BTW I consider Reagan the best modern-day president in my opinion. So, I am not of one whom you speak. If you feel good about the Democratic party then I feel for you.

Last edited by Scotty011; 07-22-2018 at 03:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2018, 02:50 PM

18,057 posts, read 10,536,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I will answer your post although not aimed at me. Don’t have time for a full list but here’s just a starter few....
Quote:
1. Democrats have ruined free speech in this country with their authoritarian PC. We can’t have honest intellectual debating anymore - the media, politicians, normal citizens, and academia are terrified of speaking anything that doesn’t jive perfectly with the democrats’ political correctness or suffer getting fired, a riot breaking out, or harassed as racist, homophobe, islamophobe, misogynist, anti-immigrant, white supremacist, white privileged, etc etc
If the Trumpites did not display these behaviors it would not be an issue. As the right practices its dog whistle politics it can expect resistance from the rational of all persuasions.

Quote:
2. We are losing our national sovereignty, suffering economically and educationally with the democrats open border policy and encouragement of masses of third world unskilled uneducated illegal migrants and faux refugees.
The left has no interest in open borders. And in fact illegal aliens are down from their levels 10 years ago. So another non existing point.

Quote:
3. Democrats have set us back decades in race relations by stoking racial tensions and victimhood mentality at every chance.
You missed Charlottesville?

Quote:
4. Democrats have have controlled and created a corrupted Intel and DOJ and media deep state that has two levels of justice -one for democrats that gives liberal immunity to democrats and looks the other way at even deep corruption and a much stricter one that digs up, hypes, harasses, and indites over the slightest republican error.
You actually mean the right cannot abide the truth coming out? You did not notice that all the BS thrown at the left has simply evaporated over the years? That is because it never had any substance.

Quote:
5. Democrats have almost total control of our culture. They control our complete education system, most of the media, our entertainment industry, social media etc etc. this imbalance has given rise to a perversity in our culture and infused our children with a warped distorted imbalanced sense of history and anti-American sentiment. Not to forget all the hyper violence and violent sex that their movies, video games, their rap and hip hop, their drug culture, and their behavior has brought us.
Same old same old. The right cannot stand the truth. You are under the impression that culture is different than when the Republicans were in power?

Quote:
6. Democrats have destroyed much of the work ethic in this country and created a welfare entitlement mentality. Thankfully the republicans put a work requirement into the welfare programs back in the 90s and Bill Clinton did sign it, but Obama watered the work demands down again.
Ever look at what Clinton did in 2000? Or the trend in welfare payments through the Obama administration?

Old 07-22-2018, 03:16 PM

15,069 posts, read 8,384,653 times
"
Quote:
The Dangerous Rhetoric and Goals of the Traitorus,Democrat Left"
Yeah, I can see why it would be so dangerous...those Democrats and their wanting to feed hungry and homeless people, give health care to poor sick people and make sure Elderly and disabled people are taken care of....making sure Minorities aren't abused...making sure that people rights aren't abolished. Making sure that there is money for Education, and things like Climate Change which could destroy our Earth are being addressed.

Democrats weren't the ones threatening to use our "second Amendment Rights" if our Candidate wasn't elected.

I can see why that would all leave someone shaking in their boots.

Old 07-22-2018, 03:21 PM

26,210 posts, read 19,668,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
And what do you consider American value beb0p?

Burning the American flag?
Acting like a bunch of children when you don't get your way?
Using gov't to force other people to pay you money and pay your healthcare because you won't work?

WTF is wrong with the left's brains?
You should be asking that question of your own party, whoever burns the flag are anarchists, not people on the left.

How about I say that everyone on the right is a racist and wants fascism to replace democracy in America? If we're gonna make comparisons, I'll go with mine.

Old 07-22-2018, 03:53 PM

8,922 posts, read 5,694,481 times
We all know that the conservative right wing is at odds with the truth. They lie as bad as the president. They can’t defend their traitor president, making a fool of himself on the world stage. That has to be the worst. Now Trump wants to meet again with Putin. Wonder why? This whole administration stinks to high heaven and the Republicans are apparently ok with it.

Old 07-22-2018, 03:54 PM

10,190 posts, read 8,010,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
[b]"

Yeah, I can see why it would be so dangerous...those Democrats and their wanting to feed hungry and homeless people, give health care to poor sick people and make sure Elderly and disabled people are taken care of....making sure Minorities aren't abused...making sure that people rights aren't abolished. Making sure that there is money for Education, and things like Climate Change which could destroy our Earth are being addressed.

Democrats weren't the ones threatening to use our "second Amendment Rights" if our Candidate wasn't elected.

I can see why that would all leave someone shaking in their boots.

My, my you do have a pie in the sky idea about the Democratic Party, don't you? Many years a conservative. Lmao!!!!

Old 07-22-2018, 04:00 PM

9,326 posts, read 4,190,693 times
It sounds as if you're the one dispensing with reality. Your hyperbolic language undermines your own credibility, most especially in your title line implying that half the country is traitorous.

By the way, can you cite much evidence for the calls for assassination that "rolled across the nation" after Trump's inauguration? Contrast with all the documented examples from Trump and his minions proposing violence against Hillary.

Old 07-22-2018, 04:02 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,728,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
BeBop —- until your party stops flinging poop at their opposition, burning the American flag, rioting and burning down businesses they disagree with, shutting down conservative speakers at universities, cheering at the killing of cops, using the race card and their race pimps to increase racial tensions, harassing and beating up fellow Americans they don’t agree with, hoping for recession to punish republicans, holding up and clapping at the severed head of our president, advocating open borders and the loss of American sovereignty, then we won’t be able to take your party’s BS devotion to American Values seriously.

https://lawandcrime.com/crazy/trump-...a-great-again/

A protester and supporter of President Donald Trump threw feces at The Red Hen restaurant in Virginia on Tuesday, shouting “Make America Great Again” as he did so, according to the Lexington Police Department.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies