Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 02:18 PM

4 posts, read 1,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
WILL he run? He IS running. He will outlive Meuller.
They both will outlive the Union.

Who'd have thunk in 2000 that America had 25 years left? Well, I suppose a few people did. But wow to see it play out.

Mueller is in a bad spot because he will be blamed as a catalyst when all he really did was his job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 02:25 PM

9,557 posts, read 4,384,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
Trump has been frustrated by the courts and what he can and cannot do and has expressed his frustration many times over it.
I am thinking that he may not even want to run again for President.
Last time we had so many running from both parties it was a fee-for-all.
To me it's just sad that the people cannot come up with someone trustworthy.

I hope not. The good news is that since the last election, the Dems have revealed themselves to be absolutely nuts. Their off-the-rails insanity is what got Trump elected in the first place. This time around, perhaps the Repubs will produce a more mainstream candidate. No need to be terribly selective. The dumpster fire known as the Democratic party has zero chance of winning the next presidential election unless they find a voice of reason to represent them, ASAP.

Old 07-21-2018, 02:25 PM

4,048 posts, read 2,734,895 times
My thoughts:

Helsinki gave Trump a *bad* hit. The break that Cohen was taping his calls with Trump was another hard blow.

A number of Republican politicians in my state came out *against* Russia and *for* our intelligence agencies right afterwards. (Some didn't necessarily condemn Trump himself, but the distancing is pretty obvious.)

The Trump drama is getting deeper and deeper. It may not lead to criminal charges against him specifically, but he's a bit too close to those who *are* facing them.

With all that, and the latest debacle he's found himself in.....I think he's going to lose more support from the GOP. And if the Democrats manage to flip enough seats in the upcoming election, Trump is going to have a much harder time of it (even if they don't get a majority, it's still going to be more people putting up a fight against him.)

And I still suspect that even if Mueller gets Trump dead to rights on something, there's going to be reluctance from *both* sides to sending a sitting President to prison. (Granted, I'd love to see that happen, but I doubt it will.)

So my conclusions:

1.) Mueller gets enough on Trump that he *could* go to prison, and whomever would be in charge of making such decisions quietly offers Trump a deal that if he resigns, he'll be pardoned.

2.) Mueller doesn't get enough on Trump, but Trump's now very tainted, and I suspect losing more GOP support. If Democrats flip a lot of seats, majority or no, the GOP may pressure Trump to not run again, or the may not give him the nomination. (While it's pretty much a given the incumbent gets his party's nomination if he wants it, it's not set in stone that it MUST be this way.)

Old 07-21-2018, 02:45 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,630,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
He'd have to literally be jailed, because there is no way two-thirds will vote for impeachment.
Two thirds don't need to vote for Impeachment. Impeachment is a House action that requires a majority, but not two-thirds.

Bill Clinton was impeached.

Three of the four articles of impeachment against Bill Clinton passed, and not any of those articles passed with a two-thirds majority.

The two-thirds vote is the requirement in the Senate, and that is for removal from office,

Various articles of impeachment against Bill Clinton passed with a simple majority, and he was impeached.

Clinton had a trial in the Senate, and was not removed from office because the vote to remove him from office did not meet the two-thirds threshold.

Old 07-21-2018, 03:42 PM

19,172 posts, read 25,432,270 times
Will he run again?
Has anyone ever seen him run?
The best that he can seem to muster is a very slow walk to and from his golf cart.

Old 07-21-2018, 03:51 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,794,640 times
Trump will run again and THIS time, Libs will realize what a GREAT President he IS and change over to being a Republican!

Old 07-21-2018, 04:29 PM

5,127 posts, read 2,605,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Eric Holder wants to run and is preparing for it.

He'll claim he'll be Obama II. His wife and Michelle Obama are best friends.
so they are all gay, too?
Even though that is biblicaly sin; I am not judging as I do not judge anyone--Im making fun of them.

the only AG in history to be held in contempt of congress...great choice.

Last edited by tripleh; 07-21-2018 at 04:37 PM..

Old 07-21-2018, 04:35 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,271,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by themoreyouknow View Post
most of his supporters are quiet about it because nobody wants some rabid leftist causing them trouble in their personal life or career because of a bumper sticker or red hat. We don't have to be outspoken, we spoke up when needed and we'll stand in line to speak up again in 2020. If he continues on the path he's on now he'll get a second term for sure.
+1.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:36 PM

501 posts, read 304,455 times
At first I thought Trump wanted to be a one-term President. He's in his 70s and being a President is a step down from being a billionaire media star and a huge hassle. Basically thought once he'd satisfied himself with the achievement, he'd not want to run again.

But now I see that he thrives on running. He'd consider himself a quitter if he didn't. It's not in his nature. He definitely will run for second term. And I am pretty sure he will win.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:36 PM

6,131 posts, read 8,007,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Trump will run again and THIS time, Libs will realize what a GREAT President he IS and change over to being a Republican!
Delusional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies