Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 08:24 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,359,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Oh, he/she most definitely is a con.

Don't forget, the National Interest® is more important than property rights!
Submit to the will of the collective, or off to the gulag you go.

...unless someone I disagree with is in power. Then individual rights matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2018, 08:26 PM

63,007 posts, read 29,203,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I think Oldglory is a con.

Not sure though.

You just need reprogrammed.

We must steal your land to save your land. Repeat it over and over and it will become true.

You are correct. I'm a conservative and I have no use for the liberal or the so-called Libertarian mindset. It's a sickness and a mental disorder. A cancer in our country.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:56 PM

23,742 posts, read 12,615,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Did you miss the part that welfare schemes here cost about $2.5 trillion a year? your entitlement mentality is showing.
Welfare is another thing that should be dealt with. They need to stop giving it to those who are not citizens. It was originally designed to be a temporary aid for those who need immediate assistance and it has strayed far from the original intent. Sure if someone is disabled and cannot work then they should be able to qualify for a longer term over the immediate need. But if someone is capable of having a job then they should not qualify for long term assistance, immediate need yes, long term no.

Quote:
Im okay with people who come here to work.
Of course you do, as long as it's not your job that is on the line. Easy to feel good when it's other people, eh?

Quote:
If you dont like people who dont look like you dont hire them.
Anyone who tries to use that angle actually feels that way themselves. Stop putting your hate of those who aren't like you onto other people

Quote:
nah you love swiping some poor guys house to expand an airport runway and thank you but I'll continue to use all those things because money has been taken from me to fund them. Besides your state has given itself monopoly on most of them. Now if you give me a choice without a govt option and stop fleecing me, Im all in. You wouldn't support that would you? Your entitlements must get funded somehow.
Someone with principles would not let "money has been taken from me" stop them from standing up for what they think is right. That is just an excuse that someone with no integrity would say.

Quote:
since no one is owed a job, they arent taking anyones job (there's you entitlement mentality again) and if they werent wanted, no one would hire them. why should I give my job up, people like my work and are happy to pay me for it. Maybe you dont have any skills? And only a fool would pass up a chance to let someone else pay their taxes
Actually they are taking citizens jobs. Hiring and using an illegal is illegal. If there is a job then it should go to the most qualified person who is here legally (citizen, legal immigrant, visa holder, etc).

Would you equally love it if an illegal left you a hefty tax bill, after stealing and using your ssn? Lol, you're whining about what you claim that you've been paying, if you actually do pay that is, I would imagine that whine would be worse if you're forced to pay far more.

Quote:
Do you enjoy being a victim?
You should read your own rant...it just screams of being a victim---->'they take my money, I paid for it, they don't look like me so I don't like them, I'm being fleeced' waaaaaa

Quote:
Get rid of welfare for everyone ...oh thats right, cant give up your freebees huh
I think people should fund their own health care and hilliary is a lying rat politician who makes promises with other peoples money, just like the guy you voted for.
Where did I say get rid of welfare for everyone? I didn't, you're own feelings sneaking in again?
Even Bernie would have 'used' other peoples money, obama sure did.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:13 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,739,588 times
The easy way around this is simply for the government to lease the land.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:58 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,512,640 times
Default That is a short sighted opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I don't care if they do it. Texas is a red state, they voted for Trump and if Trump rips them off, they voted for that.
That is a short sighted opinion. I think all people's opinions and lives matter whether right left or center. Also the are where the wall is being built is majority Hispanic in most areas and so more liberal.

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/06...s-border-wall/

Old 01-09-2019, 01:30 PM

8,570 posts, read 10,997,949 times
I don't get all this eminent domain crap.
Isn't the wall going to be built to replace existing fences, and poorly constructed areas of wall?
If they are building on the same spot, the government already owns that part of the land.
Remove 100 yards of fence/wall, and replace with new.
What does that have to do with taking someone's property?

Bob.

Old 01-09-2019, 01:33 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,303,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Isn't the wall going to be built to replace existing fences, and poorly constructed areas of wall?
If they are building on the same spot, the government already owns that part of the land.

Bob.
You're mistaken. Thousands of miles of currently unfenced land are in scope for the Bigly Wall of the Rio, brought to you by Trump Resorts.

Old 01-09-2019, 01:42 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,862,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The Secure Fen e Act of 2006 contemplated nearly 650 miles of fencing. While Congress approved it, it did not initially fund it. There were endless delays associated with court actions/ eminent domain.

It was completed in 2009.

Old 01-09-2019, 01:44 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,770,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post

Bob.
I believe there is currently around 700 miles of fencing of some kind. I don't know how much of that meets his requirement for a "wall", which to my mind is a quite tall and difficult to scale barrier.

The international border in question is some 2000 miles long. I believe Trump's original idea was a wall for just about all of it. He's revised and backtracked since then, but I'm pretty sure he still envisions more than the existing 700 miles.

Old 01-09-2019, 01:51 PM

46,978 posts, read 26,041,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I believe there is currently around 700 miles of fencing of some kind. I don't know how much of that meets his requirement for a "wall", which to my mind is a quite tall and difficult to scale barrier.
Would have been all sorts of professional to have some sort of plan before asking for funding, but - Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies