Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 07:43 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,437,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Are we serious right now?

How can we be so arrogant and reckless? First of all, I didn't have any say in determining who we decided to fight and if we should fight in the first place.

Why are we fighting?

What is the point of the Constitution if we can't even decide when we go to war? Is this a Just War?

What are we doing here?

So, these enemies that were determined for us, we don't even know what they're capable of. Does anyone have any idea how crazy that is?

Nobody can predict where some genius is going to be born. Many of the greatest inventions on earth were created by one person. How can anyone be sure where that person will be or what they will believe?

I hope for the sake of all of us that we DO NOT GO TO WAR and CAN TRY TO NEGOTIATE PEACE AND HARMONY, EVEN IF WE HAVE TO BE DISCIPLINED and BE RESPECTFUL OURSELVES!

This is crazy!
Yeah, all that's worked so well in the past, right?

In case you hadn't noticed, we've been at war since the Muslims took down the WTC in 2001. Are you trying to tell me that ended a while back? Could have, I suppose, if Obama hadn't come along and messed up what we had already accomplished. But he, with his stupidity, helped create ISIS. Now we have to deal with HIS mess.

You don't get any say in determining who we "decide" to fight, or "if." That isn't for you.

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 04-14-2017 at 08:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2017, 07:49 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,694,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
One thing for sure, Congress will have a lot to say before one American troop (other than the ones already in SK) steps foot on Korean soil with bad intent.

We would need a draft before that could happen right? Maybe someone can help me here but do we even have the troops to fight a war like that? We are talking about regime change and occupation?
I honestly think the war would be over before NK knew it even started. Our air attack alone would decimate them. The key is getting their chubby leader. Maybe they could fish him out with a Happy Meal or two. I think if he goes the dominoes will start to fall.

I hate war too but something needs to be done in NK just to help the people that are suffering under this d-bag's control.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:57 AM

25,890 posts, read 17,672,703 times
Gotta laugh.

People carry on as if fighting back was an option. "Just don't fight", they say, as if the events of 9/11/01 had never happened.
They're nuts. 9/11 did happen and will happen again if the radical organizations that create such events are given a place to promote and enforce their insanity.

"Who are "they", is the rhetorical question from the ostrich class.
"Not our country", comes the cry from those who deny that ISIS/Daesh/Al Qeada is a world wide problem.

It's all horsepooky. ISIS/Al Qeada or whatever they call themselves is a world wide problem and one that must be dealt with.

Here. Read.
Quote:
“ISIS-K has dragged elders out of their homes in Nangarhar, beheaded them in front of their families.
“ISIS-K kidnapped wives and daughters and forced them to marry fighters,” ......
"I want a hundred times more bombings on this group," said Hakim Khan, 50, a resident of Achin district in Nangarhar province where the bombing took place.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/332845...anistan-trump/

You may as well deal with it, Naysayers and Effete Ostriches. America is going to do the right thing and that means killing those who wish to accelerate their version of world apocalypse. The fact they they have not beheaded your grandmother is only a matter of chance. They would if they could.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:01 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,343,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
While I am no supporter of Trump and not a fan of war, sometimes war is necessary. North Korea is a formidable danger to the U.S. in the coming years.

"It's coming right for us!"

Old 04-14-2017, 08:03 AM

23,842 posts, read 17,510,286 times
Quote:
Are we serious right now?

How can we be so arrogant and reckless? First of all, I didn't have any say in determining who we decided to fight and if we should fight in the first place.

Why are we fighting?

What is the point of the Constitution if we can't even decide when we go to war? Is this a Just War?

What are we doing here?

So, these enemies that were determined for us, we don't even know what they're capable of. Does anyone have any idea how crazy that is?

Nobody can predict where some genius is going to be born. Many of the greatest inventions on earth were created by one person. How can anyone be sure where that person will be or what they will believe?

I hope for the sake of all of us that we DO NOT GO TO WAR and CAN TRY TO NEGOTIATE PEACE AND HARMONY, EVEN IF WE HAVE TO BE DISCIPLINED and BE RESPECTFUL OURSELVES!

This is crazy!
someone has declared war against us. We can't call a 'time out' like little children playing a game.

Basis for the war is our lifestyle and beliefs for which negotiations are not possible. When an opponent does not hold the same things sacred and is willing to kill, brutalize, crucify, and behead innocent people, including children, there is no common denominator for negotiations.

When your opponent tells lies about its enemy in a way that goes far beyond biased reporting and teaches little children that America is the enemy, it matters not the good will America projects in terms of humanitarian aide etc.. Any effort to win hearts and minds is mitigated by terrorist propaganda.

Go talk to the guy who beheaded hundreds of innocent christian, muslim, jewish children and see what happens. Institutionalized hatred by fundamental islam is cast in concrete, no negotiations.

See what Obama purchased by never saying, "islamic terrorism", warning isis of impending bombing raids and handing unimaginable billions of dollars to Iran to fund their global terrorism and set the middle east on fire?

Sure we'd want to negotiate with an opponent. absolutely. But not this one.

Hey the terrorists following fundamental terrorism are just a tiny portion of islam. A jv team if you will.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:03 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,694,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post

"It's coming right for us!"

Old 04-14-2017, 08:05 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,302,116 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaS2bRGS86c

Old 04-14-2017, 08:39 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,217,306 times
I just feel it would be a huge mistake to go to war with Russians.

"Since 1990, there have been 22 winners of the Fields Medal, widely regarded as the Nobel Prize of mathematics. Thirteen came from just two countries, Russia and France. Russia has more winners (seven), but more than twice the population, so the honours go to France, with six winners."

Meanwhile, Americans are developing apps they can use to send pictures of their junk to other people.

Everybody is tough until we are actually at war on our streets. There are a lot of soft people that I see on a daily basis. Don't think they really understand what war is like.

I mean, this is why I didn't want Hillary. Now Trump is doing the same thing. These politicians have no integrity.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ack-was-staged

If we keep playing with these Russians, they are going to **** us up. Everybody thinks war is great until there are a bunch of dead sailors floating around in the Mediterranean.

Old 04-14-2017, 09:41 AM

33,386 posts, read 35,064,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Well said, we've seen that too much haven't we? Problem with NK is we just don't know what they've been up to with any great certainty.

Think about trying to stop Hitler by just bombing. Wouldn't have worked very well. He was building jet fighters in caves 20 years ahead of their time. He would have probably had nuclear and hydrogen bombs within a year if we and the Soviets hadn't invaded with troops.
you are right, you dont win wars by just bombing places, you have to have boots on the ground.

by the way, the ME262 had been eclipsed by late 1944 by the P80, and if the two had gone up against each other, the 262 would have been dropping like flies to not only a superior aircraft, but superior pilots as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I honestly think the war would be over before NK knew it even started. Our air attack alone would decimate them. The key is getting their chubby leader. Maybe they could fish him out with a Happy Meal or two. I think if he goes the dominoes will start to fall.

I hate war too but something needs to be done in NK just to help the people that are suffering under this d-bag's control.
do not underestimate the north korean military. they have come a long way since the 1950s. and dont forget that NK is still a puppet state of china as well. if the korean war heats up again, and if china feels threatened again, they will intervene, and that will create a whole bunch of new headaches for the region.

Quote:

"Since 1990, there have been 22 winners of the Fields Medal, widely regarded as the Nobel Prize of mathematics. Thirteen came from just two countries, Russia and France. Russia has more winners (seven), but more than twice the population, so the honours go to France, with six winners."

Meanwhile, Americans are developing apps they can use to send pictures of their junk to other people.

Everybody is tough until we are actually at war on our streets. There are a lot of soft people that I see on a daily basis. Don't think they really understand what war is like.

I mean, this is why I didn't want Hillary. Now Trump is doing the same thing. These politicians have no integrity.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ack-was-staged

If we keep playing with these Russians, they are going to **** us up. Everybody thinks war is great until there are a bunch of dead sailors floating around in the Mediterranean.
you are right, war with russia would be a huge mistake, since it could easily escalate out of control. but realize that we have often been at war with russian and china over the decades after world war two. all those little regional wars, korea, vietnam, even the middle east. we have generally been on the opposite side of the conflicts with china and russia.

Old 04-14-2017, 09:59 AM

2,359 posts, read 1,045,624 times
Quote:

You're probably right. They are a formidable adversary.

By the same token, the Russians probably think it would be an even more gigantic mistake for them to go to war with us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies