Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 04:15 PM

30,579 posts, read 23,994,061 times

Advertisements

I just ate half a pizza by myself. Still not fat. Still here. Didn't wish for any labels.

Libs always like to pretend that all of these policies and laws are "for the good of the people".

Here's an idea: Get the government OUT of healthcare, and then leave me, and everyone else, the F alone when it comes to what they eat or drink. Then you don't have to worry one bit about paying for my health care. (Funny how the libs don't want to spend money when it's their own...)

And have the decency to take the marijuana cigarette out of your mouth before you start dictating how people live.

Old 04-10-2017, 04:33 PM

8,839 posts, read 4,833,124 times
Hasn't this been around for years for chains with over a certain number of locations?

I don't eat at chains much but a few times when that was the only option seeing the information did influence my choice. Plenty of the entrees were a day's worth of calories for me. Also remember stopping at a Starbucks for am afternoon coffee and thinking about getting a small snack, then realizing the stuff I was looking at was over 400 calories. Not worth it.

If I were out for a splurge, I would put my finger over the information!

Old 04-10-2017, 04:35 PM

22,266 posts, read 19,592,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I just ate half a pizza by myself. Still not fat. Still here. Didn't wish for any labels.

Libs always like to pretend that all of these policies and laws are "for the good of the people".

Here's an idea: Get the government OUT of healthcare, and then leave me, and everyone else, the F alone when it comes to what they eat or drink. Then you don't have to worry one bit about paying for my health care. (Funny how the libs don't want to spend money when it's their own...)

And have the decency to take the marijuana cigarette out of your mouth before you start dictating how people live.
How the hell is giving consumers information on the food they are eating dictating how people live??

Old 04-10-2017, 05:20 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,025,475 times
As an avid calorie counter, I like this. There are no "fattening foods", but there are fattening *quantities* of food. For the most part a person can google an estimate of what X food has in regards to calories/protein/carbs/fats but sometimes it's hard to tell. This will help greatly if you're on a calorie budget and want to know more precisely what you're putting in your mouth.

Another factor to take in to consideration...how costly is it to comply with this regulation? I assume a restaurant with 20+ locations knows the quantities and sources of food they put in to their products. Is it really that hard to calculate the nutrition info? Perhaps it is, but I don't see it.

Old 04-10-2017, 05:47 PM

22,266 posts, read 19,592,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Hasn't this been around for years for chains with over a certain number of locations?

I don't eat at chains much but a few times when that was the only option seeing the information did influence my choice. Plenty of the entrees were a day's worth of calories for me. Also remember stopping at a Starbucks for am afternoon coffee and thinking about getting a small snack, then realizing the stuff I was looking at was over 400 calories. Not worth it.

If I were out for a splurge, I would put my finger over the information!
Certain areas require it, and some chains have previously provided the information. This basically just expands on it to make it nationwide for those with 20 or more stores nationwide.

Old 04-10-2017, 05:50 PM

8,839 posts, read 4,833,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Certain areas require it, and some chains have previously provided the information. This basically just expands on it to make it nationwide for those with 20 or more stores nationwide.
Ah, thanks.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:17 PM

30,579 posts, read 23,994,061 times
Quote:
How the hell is giving consumers information on the food they are eating dictating how people live??
You really think that's all it's about?

hahahahaha

That's adorable.

Old 04-11-2017, 05:52 AM

13,299 posts, read 7,910,685 times
I do not use any GMO tree sources for any of my flavor-enhancing sawdust varieties.

Screw StarBucks, I'm going to launch nation-wide pizza places with taste-enhancing fiber pizza pies for those consumers of sophisticated palates.

I'm going to tap into the liberal market.

Probably going to launch in San Francisco or Missoula.

I only need to assure that my profits are not intending to destroy forests.

I think Trump will endorse my profits, as a means to create American jobs.

Poorer families will probably just empty their pencil sharpeners to harvest their own food spices, but I don't recommend this.

I think Maple Dust will outsell all the other wood spices - right now, I'm just using Fenugreek for the maple taste and aroma.

Liberals will go for the taste and aromagance.

PS: I've always admired beavers for their high-fiber to low-fiber diet ratios.

They provide for a lot of wildlife success.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/living/beavers.pdf

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 04-11-2017 at 06:17 AM..

Old 04-11-2017, 05:59 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,960,444 times
Quote:
See, there you go, thinking like a rational person ! You have to remember, this is Trump Land, where everything is upside down and backwards.

So, Government trying to help us live better lives = BAD ! I know this new thinking is hard to understand, but it is easier if you just reverse every sensible thought you have in your head. Works for Trumpees !

Old 04-11-2017, 08:46 AM

38,922 posts, read 24,055,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
See, there you go, thinking like a rational person ! You have to remember, this is Trump Land, where everything is upside down and backwards.

So, Government trying to help us live better lives = BAD ! I know this new thinking is hard to understand, but it is easier if you just reverse every sensible thought you have in your head. Works for Trumpees !
People have thought it was "nanny state" with many of these laws. Smoking bans, e-cigarette usage limitations, cell phones while pumping gas, etc. these laws have ALL been called "nanny state" laws. This existed for YEARS before Trump. Trump just rallied people behind this cause too much government" much more easily. However this stops when it comes to abortion or sodomy with many of these Evangelical voters. #Hypocrites
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.