Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 03:59 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,593,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSav View Post
CD's CA forum is full of these trolls that post the same stuff over and over again about how CA is hell on earth and Omaha is the Paris of the US.

The one good thing is that maybe it keeps more cynical buffoons like them that are still living in the middle of nowhere from moving here.

There's a bumper sticker you see out here, "Surfing sucks, dont try it" i'd like to see a similar one for CA.
^^^^^ You must see some truth in those posts, else the posts wouldn't bother you at all..........and they obviously do bother you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 04:08 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,319,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Stop voting democrat in California is the easiest and best way to stop the madness. Contacting your democrat reps/senators does nothing. They don't listen to you unless you've put at least $100,000 into their pockets (and let's be honest, most people who vote democrat don't have that kind of money). ACA was passed with 100% leftist/democrat support, and 0 independent/libertarian/republican support.

Vote independent/libertarian/republican but skip voting Democrat. If you can do this, and get 2-3 of your friends to see the light, and they do the same, so on and so on, things would start changing for the better.
Every statement here is correct.
Liberals --- re-read it until it sinks in.

Old 02-17-2017, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Or maybe the actor is living the life he wants to, instead of working a ****ty full time job. And he's only 32, not 82. Maybe he'll become big one day. At least he has a chance.
Living the life you want to is all well and good as long as it isn't an avoidable financial burden on others.....re what CaliRestoration has outlined, it is an avoidable burden.

Old 02-17-2017, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodie2shoes View Post
States Won by Trump Have Highest 'Obamacare' Enrollment

It also allows for hillbillies to continue to live in Trailer-parks and freeload off of Starbucks wifi to troll on C-D.

States Won by Trump Have Highest 'Obamacare' Enrollment - ABC News

[IMG]https://www.city-data.com/forum/
What a completely worthless post with a completely worthless link.

The link is worthless because it doesn't make any distinction between people who have 'Obamacare'/exchange policies that are subsidized by the government, and people like me who have 'Obamacare'/exchange policies and are paying the entire premium personally because we don't qualify for a subsidy.

Old 02-17-2017, 04:45 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,253,111 times
The crying in California will stop once the state slides into the ocean.

Old 02-17-2017, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
With the new thread on the pension debt, I am considering not moving back to CA.

If no new law reverses the scheduled repeal of the Hall Tax between now and the 2022 effective date, I'm considering moving to Tennessee in 2026.

Old 02-17-2017, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
There is a special place in the Theological Place of Eternal Punishment reserved for Pelosi because of her actions harming countless millions of Americans. She is a total waste of the oxygen in the atmosphere.
I agree 100%.

The construction of my house near Houston was completed a few months before the 2008 election. The Comcast contractor came out after that and finished about half of her work before taking a break. We discussed politics while she was taking a break. I told her that I wished Larry Ellison could convince Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid to take a vacation on his yacht (without Larry) and set course for the Bermuda Triangle (and I was an Obama supporter at the time). The Comcast lady laughed so hard the diet soda she was drinking when I said that came out of her nose .

A younger friend of mine, a fellow Bay Area native (I know her and her husband re a shared avocation), is a member of another prominent Bay Area political family. She has known Nancy Pelosi her entire life, and she can't stand her.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:03 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,891,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
So all you Trump supporters are for Billionaires getting multi-million dollar tax breaks while the middle and lower classes get screwed?
Fake news. There are no proposals, let alone draft legislation. You've been watching too much Rachel Maddow.

Old 02-17-2017, 05:04 PM

26,777 posts, read 26,897,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The title of this thread is a lie. The LA Times did not say that those programs are failures.

I see nothing wrong with programs that make life better for people who aren't wealthy.
Exactly.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:51 PM

1,094 posts, read 500,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Every statement here is correct.
Liberals --- re-read it until it sinks in.
Funny how a lot of you self styled "conservatives" treat universal health coverage as "welfare" or an "entitlement" when in reality it's basic infrastructure like roads and a functioning electrical grid, and the USA's failures in these areas are causing a tremendous competitive disadvantage to competitors abroad. I've been an owner of several successful businesses and tend to lean conservative both fiscally and socially-- though I distrust both political parties-- but it's the definition of stupidity to consider universal health care as "liberal" anymore than working roads or electricity lines are "liberal".

The USA's mess of a healthcare system is a tremendous drain on the resources of American businesses, large and especially medium and small, who have to be distracted and divert so many resources to issues of health coverage when they'd rather be focusing on their businesses. It's also a major discouragement to starting a business like a few other posters have been making clear. The confusing, ineffective patch-work of US health insurance has too many gaps and uncertainties, and it's grossly inefficient compared to European and Asian systems that provide universal coverage at higher quality than the US with lower cost, and which remove the burden of coverage from both businesses and employees. Employer based health coverage is a residue of the 1940's, that's how pathetically paralyzed US policy has become. And it's hurting our businesses.

Our companies have collaborated and competed with companies in France, England, Germany, Switzerland, Japan, Canada, Spain, Korea, Sweden, Brazil and Norway. All of them had a major competitive advantage against US companies because they could focus their businesses on actual business and not be distracted by all the stupidities of healthcare, which is taken of far more efficiently and cleanly with a universal healthcare system. The fact is America has by far the most expensive health care system in the world but also the lease accessible with some of the worst outcomes, and with taxes at similar levels (overall taxes) to Europe and overseas, which means we're getting very little for our taxes. But above all, the US health care mess is bad for business. There is no free market for emergency care anyway, and there's certainly no free market when the government provides artificial subsidies to give health insurance companies monopolies within states. That is not a conservative policy, and the fact that some self styled "conservatives" have fallen for the Kool aid put out by crony capitalist health insurance, big pharma and hospital admin lobbyists is pathetic. They've forgotten what "conservative" actually means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies