Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 10:23 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,991,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
There is a special place in the Theological Place of Eternal Punishment reserved for Pelosi because of her actions harming countless millions of Americans. She is a total waste of the oxygen in the atmosphere.
A study released yesterday showed that ACA/ObozoCare cost the economy $51 billion dollars in lost wages and 300,000 jobs due to its regulatory cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 11:22 AM

26,747 posts, read 26,834,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
A study released yesterday showed that ACA/ObozoCare cost the economy $51 billion dollars in lost wages and 300,000 jobs due to its regulatory cost.
Please provide a credible source for your statement.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:02 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Starting a business or becoming a writer was NEVER prohibited in the first place. You just had to take your OWN risk to become successful at that endeavor, now that risk has been socialized and has PROVEN to be an utter failure of a model. Complete and total failure.
So the problem is that people who take long-shot chances at self-improvement aren't properly bankrupted if they fall ill?

Old 01-19-2017, 12:09 PM

778 posts, read 339,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
I can't speak for him but there are a lot of reasons to live in a place you might disagree with politically. Great weather, great scenery, great beaches, great job, national parks, nature, Napa...

Amen. I am a recent transplant to this state and while the political climate is a constant SUCK degrees, the weather is the exact opposite.

My plea is for more and more conservative minded people to join me and move here and help take back the State and bring common sense to the State House!! Come on guys! Sure we have to deal with the stupid regulations and laws and taxes, but we can turn it all around if enough of us get here and pinch off the tumor at its head!! What do say?

Old 01-19-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Are you willing to part with an extra 18%-25% of your taxable income every month to do so?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlats View Post
The Swiss aren't paying anywhere close to 20% of their income in taxes for healthcare.
Quote:
Uh yes they are.
That is a really stupid thing to post and you should feel bad for posting it.

The Swiss healthcare system is not tax-funded, it's based on a mandate to purchase private insurance. It's just that the Swiss are smart enough to keep the insurance companies from gouging the consumers, by judicious legislation.

The Swiss pay less and they get more.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:20 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Amen. I am a recent transplant to this state and while the political climate is a constant SUCK degrees, the weather is the exact opposite.

My plea is for more and more conservative minded people to join me and move here and help take back the State and bring common sense to the State House!! Come on guys! Sure we have to deal with the stupid regulations and laws and taxes, but we can turn it all around if enough of us get here and pinch off the tumor at its head!! What do say?
I'm here now...but I'm not sure I have the strength to stay and fight off this much stupid. I'll do what I can while I'm here, however. I did grow up here, as a young child, and I feel like I've lost a best friend because of what has been done to this state. Just horrible.

OT: After reading through this thread, I have become a huge fan of CaliRestoration. What a delight it was to read OP's comments, throughout.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm here now...but I'm not sure I have the strength to stay and fight off this much stupid. I'll do what I can while I'm here, however. I did grow up here, as a young child, and I feel like I've lost a best friend because of what has been done to this state. Just horrible.

OT: After reading through this thread, I have become a huge fan of CaliRestoration. What a delight it was to read OP's comments, throughout.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That is a really stupid thing to post and you should feel bad for posting it.

The Swiss healthcare system is not tax-funded, it's based on a mandate to purchase private insurance. It's just that the Swiss are smart enough to keep the insurance companies from gouging the consumers, by judicious legislation.

The Swiss pay less and they get more.
You edited my post, I was more talking about the Netherlands (which Flats suggested the netherlands or swiss as successful examples of a hybrid healthcare system) though I'm not a fan of the Swiss progressive taxation.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:17 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,926 times
So all you Trump supporters are for Billionaires getting multi-million dollar tax breaks while the middle and lower classes get screwed? Oh and I think Trump will NOT make it through his first term let alone two, he will either resign stating "threats" to his family or will be impeached and convicted.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
You edited my post
Nope, direct quote. You're aware we can scroll up and see what you've typed, right?

Quote:
I was more talking about the Netherlands
Oh, I see. That must have been why you decided to type "Swiss/Dutch".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies