Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 06:21 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,491,165 times

Advertisements

ACA and MediCal aren't failures, reich-wing conservatism is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 06:26 PM

193 posts, read 171,530 times
States Won by Trump Have Highest 'Obamacare' Enrollment

It also allows for hillbillies to continue to live in Trailer-parks and freeload off of Starbucks wifi to troll on C-D.

States Won by Trump Have Highest 'Obamacare' Enrollment - ABC News

Old 01-17-2017, 06:56 PM

787 posts, read 655,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
CaliRestoration, a serious question: why do you continue to live in a place that makes you so continually frustrated and unhappy?

Surely there must be another state somewhere in the U.S. that would suit you better and keep your blood pressure at a lower boiling point.
I'll answer this for him/her because I am a longtime resident, native, and am miserable.

A responsible consumer takes his time to make a decision, making sure to weigh all options, do his research, and ponder over such a decision and it's implications. This isn't a 2 hour process, it takes weeks to months.

When I btch and moan, I do it for two reasons: I am trying to convince myself it's the right choice, and I am hoping some devil's advocate brings up something I haven't considered or shows me things from a different light.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:27 PM

42,855 posts, read 26,776,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
How do you feel about your taxpayer dollars being used to allow 32 year old able bodied men to work half time so they can go to "acting auditions" using your money?
For all we know you're doing something quite similar. I've never known a self proclaimed uber successful entrepreneur who has as much time as you to post the same stuff over and over...and over

Old 01-18-2017, 09:01 AM

26,992 posts, read 27,344,355 times
The costs of defunding Planned Parenthood will be enormous.

California is friendly territory, but a national defunding push worries Planned Parenthood - LA Times

Old 01-18-2017, 09:42 AM

6,089 posts, read 5,061,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
For all we know you're doing something quite similar. I've never known a self proclaimed uber successful entrepreneur who has as much time as you to post the same stuff over and over...and over
Could be.

Does it make you angry?

Old 01-18-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
ACA and MediCal aren't failures, reich-wing conservatism is.
ACA passed by a 219 – 212 vote. No Republicans came on board, and 34 Democrats voted against. Not seeing your logical connections here...

Old 01-18-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodie2shoes View Post
States Won by Trump Have Highest 'Obamacare' Enrollment
Yeah because Obama forced them to register or pay a hefty fine. I don't understand how Democrats keep forgetting that part of the ACA, the FORCED registration.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:54 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,619,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodUsernamesWereTaken View Post
I'll answer this for him/her because I am a longtime resident, native, and am miserable.

A responsible consumer takes his time to make a decision, making sure to weigh all options, do his research, and ponder over such a decision and it's implications. This isn't a 2 hour process, it takes weeks to months.

When I btch and moan, I do it for two reasons: I am trying to convince myself it's the right choice, and I am hoping some devil's advocate brings up something I haven't considered or shows me things from a different light.
With the new thread on the pension debt, I am considering not moving back to CA.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:43 AM

37,218 posts, read 42,537,829 times
Nevermind why the OP lives in CA, many of us do. The point is that any official claiming that it's a wonderful thing for people to quit their jobs to be "whatever" and the government will cover their ass is missing more than several screws. It's hearing things like that come out of someone's mouth that make me feel like I'm in crazytown. Kids I can understand, they are naturally ignorant and starryeyed, but OLD politicians have no excuse. Even if it meets their secret goals of "whatever" you have to admit it's not how it should have be spun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies