Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 08:44 AM

36,832 posts, read 31,119,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
So called no fault divorce law and related property and credit law has Enriched and empowered women
It has harmed the institution of marriage
And harmed The rearing of children
As to marriage vows
#1 basis of all divorce
Financial infidelity
Yet all studies and statistics show divorced women are the most impoverished group.

I realize some men feel victimized because they lost this legal and financial stronghold on women but no fault is good thing for both men and women. No need for there to be heavy restraints on dissolving a bad marriage.
Children reared in a dysfunctional and abusive home are no better off than those reared in s divorce situation if both parties put aside their personal conflict and actually focus on raising their children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2020, 08:48 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,830,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yet all studies and statistics show divorced women are the most impoverished group.
That's because they are usually the one taking care of the kids or they were naive to buy into the live happily ever after mindset. Or because they did not educate themselves or took time our of the workplace to raise the kids.

Either way, the marriage must have been bad to be willing to live in poorer conditions to then stay in the marriage. Some men count on women's willingness to be disrespected, stay in a bad marriage to avoid poverty and many times they are wrong to ASSume they will. That ASSumption is why they mistreat their wives

Old 08-24-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:

Children reared in a dysfunctional and abusive home are no better off than those reared in s divorce situation if both parties put aside their personal conflict and actually focus on raising their children.
There are times the man will threaten the wife, "if you leave me I will kill you". Being abused the woman may believe him but for some the abuse is so bad they risk it.

Why a man would want anyone to stay out of fear is pathetic man and sad for everyone involved.

Old 08-24-2020, 08:57 AM

11,475 posts, read 11,625,006 times
Stupid thread. Forcing someone to stay in an unhealthy relationship is just the kind of thing that drives people away from religion. .

Old 08-24-2020, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
That's because they are usually the one taking care of the kids or they were naive to buy into the live happily ever after mindset. Or because they did not educate themselves or took time our of the workplace to raise the kids.

Either way, the marriage must have been bad to be willing to live in poorer conditions to then stay in the marriage. Some men count on women's willingness to be disrespected, stay in a bad marriage to avoid poverty and many times they are wrong to ASSume they will. That ASSumption is why they mistreat their wives
Yes that's true. If a woman had left her job to raise the kids and been out of the workforce for years and suddenly has no income except for child support and temporary spousal support no way she is enriched. Its a struggle for years. I realize also its a financial hit for men (or whoever is paying CS and or support). But to say women are enriched by divorce is ridiculous if you speaking of normal average people. Maybe in the lives of the rich and famous.

Quote:
There are times the man will threaten the wife, "if you leave me I will kill you". Being abused the woman may believe him but for some the abuse is so bad they risk it.

Why a man would want anyone to stay out of fear is pathetic man and sad for everyone involved.
And there are many case of men actually killing their wife or estranged wife.
As well women who have killed their husbands because they could not take the abuse any longer and could not get out of the situation.

IDK how two people who once loved each other come to this.

Old 08-24-2020, 09:28 AM

61,255 posts, read 87,646,713 times
Quote:

I realize some men feel victimized because they lost this legal and financial stronghold on women but no fault is good thing for both men and women. No need for there to be heavy restraints on dissolving a bad marriage.
This is not supported by CPS stats on single parent homes
You have planted a huge if statement in your assertion

Old 08-24-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Yes that's true. If a woman had left her job to raise the kids and been out of the workforce for years and suddenly has no income except for child support and temporary spousal support no way she is enriched. Its a struggle for years. I realize also its a financial hit for men (or whoever is paying CS and or support). But to say women are enriched by divorce is ridiculous if you speaking of normal average people. Maybe in the lives of the rich and famous.

And there are many case of men actually killing their wife or estranged wife.
As well women who have killed their husbands because they could not take the abuse any longer and could not get out of the situation.

IDK how two people who once loved each other come to this.
I don't know of any divorce where one was enriched, maybe getting away from abuse yes, that would be life enriching even if they are poorer financially.

As for how does it come to this? I always say money is power and when one is dependent on another they risk being under the power of the one who brings in the money and some abuse that power. It only makes for pure hate between the two. One disrespects / abuses the other, and the one being disrespected/abused hates the abuser.

Old 08-24-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
This is not supported by CPS stats on single parent homes
You have planted a huge if statement in your assertion
What is not supported by CPS stats on single parent homes?
That they have high poverty rates?
or children from two parent dysfunctional homes where CPS is called in are not any better off than children from single parent homes where CPS has been called in.

Old 08-24-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Stupid thread. Forcing someone to stay in an unhealthy relationship is just the kind of thing that drives people away from religion. .
It has nothing to do with religion. Most times it is fear driven either by being threatened or fear of not being able to financially make it. Anyone who leaves the workplace to take care of the kids is putting themselves in a bad place. They better hope their spouse is a good person.

Old 08-24-2020, 10:04 AM

Quote:
I don't know of any divorce where one was enriched, maybe getting away from abuse yes, that would be life enriching even if they are poorer financially.

As for how does it come to this? I always say money is power and when one is dependent on another they risk being under the power of the one who brings in the money and some abuse that power. It only makes for pure hate between the two. One disrespects / abuses the other, and the one being disrespected/abused hates the abuser.
Me either. All involved take a financial hit when divorce happens.

That is why I am amazed at couples where only one (usually the man) works for any extended period of time. I would not advise that to anyone. I realize its great to be able to have one parent stay home with the kids but I guess I never trusted anyone that much to put my well being completely in the hands of another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies