Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 06:10 PM

1,153 posts, read 4,562,386 times

Advertisements

I've never understood that argument... maybe a conservative could clarify for me.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:12 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,261,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMTman View Post
I've never understood that argument... maybe a conservative could clarify for me.
I would suggest going under the "search" option as this topic and this very question has been posed and answered several times, and recently.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:13 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,470,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
I would suggest going under the "search" option as this topic and this very question has been posed and answered several times, and recently.
I second that. We just had this topic recently......a long one.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:22 PM

1,153 posts, read 4,562,386 times
A search for "gay marriage" reveals no topics obviously related to this one. I could have went through to read each topic, but to be quite honest I don't have the time. Hence.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:49 PM

451 posts, read 836,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMTman View Post
Sanctity = the quality or state of being holy or sacred. It goes against reason that God would sanctify two people who are pledging a life of sin together.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:14 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,142,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
Sanctity = the quality or state of being holy or sacred. It goes against reason that God would sanctify two people who are pledging a life of sin together.
But not every marriage is a religious one and not every one is Christian. If two gay people got married by the state (and not the church) then the sanctity issue is moot. The sanctity of your heterosexual (religious) marriage remains intact; however, the sanctity of the homosexual marriage is granted by its two participants. No threat as far as I can see.

But, I guess we've argued this in other forums, so I'll stop there.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:21 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,925,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
But not every marriage is a religious one and not every one is Christian. If two gay people got married by the state (and not the church) then the sanctity issue is moot. The sanctity of your heterosexual (religious) marriage remains intact; however, the sanctity of the homosexual marriage is granted by its two participants. No threat as far as I can see.

But, I guess we've argued this in other forums, so I'll stop there.
And that is the essence of all of this. Not everyone is a Christan, just live and let live!

Old 06-27-2007, 07:27 PM

30,372 posts, read 51,986,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
And that is the essence of all of this. Not everyone is a Christan, just live and let live!
Amen to that!!

Unfortunately, some people can't accept that we're all different... hence the constant barrage of "you must do & say as we feel, or we'll call you sinners and take away your rights!" Makes no sense to me, but I guess it's logical in some people's brains.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:34 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,799,180 times
Really it all comes down to your interpretation of the Bible. This site provides some nice examples of how scripture can be interpreted in different ways concerning this topic. The article was written because the logical question was asked, how can the Anglican Church be split in two over this topic - if they are all God fearing Christians. Good stuff.

BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | What does the Bible actually say about being gay?

Old 06-27-2007, 07:39 PM

467 posts, read 325,607 times
I agree with you Bily that people can interpret the Bible to pretty much fit their morals, but I just don't get why everyone thinks we all read that book.

I don't base my life off of greek myths anymore than what is in the Bible and if I DID allow greek mythology to guide me - would Christians understand if I tried to force them to follow my "religion"? Somehow I think they would not like it.

Heterosexuals are doing their darndest to damage marriage with their divorce rate sky high.

I've stated this before - Massachusetts, that bastion of liberal crazies with their tolerance and their high taxes, has the LOWEST divorce rate. Imagine that, they are just fine and dandy with gay marriage and it doesn't seem to be wreaking havoc on their lives...

My advice to my fellow heteros - focus on your wife/husband and children and let it goooooooooo...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies