Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 08:49 PM

51,650 posts, read 25,013,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Please list dates of indictments/convictions.

Or is the "known and proven" merely imaginary?
I agree with you. If we're going to play that game, then I'm going to start believing Howard Dean's suggestion that Trump has cocaine issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 08:52 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,998,185 times
Why Can't Republicans Nominate Someone Competent?

Hillary is your candidate and you seriously ask this question?

Old 09-28-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Jim Webb initially ran as a Democrat. I don't know why the media wouldn't give him the time of day. Perhaps it was his stance on the H-1b visa.
Because he is creepy as shyte.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
romneys 47% statement was taken way out of context. he indicated that 47% of the people would vote democrat no matter what.

as for the unions, what has that gotten the US? back in the day, the unions were flexible in dealing with big business, they had decent work rules, got decent pay for the workers, decent benefits etc. today however the union bosses are greedy bastards who take from the members without a care, and senior union members vote for what they want without regard to the younger union members.

the unions have prices themselves OUT of the labor markets. ford and the other automakers would rather build their cars here, but labor is far too expensive. take the mazda 6 for instance. mazda built that car at the flat rock michgan plant until 2014(?) when they moved production to japan. why? because the combination of taxes, government regulations and union work rules made it so expensive to build the car in michigan, that when the numbers were crunched, it was found that building the car in japan, and paying shipping to the US as well as the tariffs, was cheaper than building the car here.

republicans have generally been for smaller government which is good for EVERYONE, not jut big business. take a good look at what the democrats have done recently with their regulations on small business, taxes, etc.

you want a strong middle class in this country? then start by cutting regulations on business(not eliminating them). letes make the business environment in this country friendly to business again.let small business, the driver of jobs in this country, work again without the garbage.
Yes, Romney's statement wasn't that bad, but it affected voters.

It's not a good times for unions. That's true. But what did they get us? I suggest you do a little research about mining conditions in this country in the 1900s. Because the way workers were treated, in terms of safety, not only no benefits but having to buy from company stores, wages, hours, and general working conditions was a national disgrace. What did unions get us? Well, for a lot of Americans, it got them pensions and protected the jobs they had.

I'd prefer we work at both -- getting the business environment friendly to business AND workers.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:44 PM

33,386 posts, read 35,045,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Yes, Romney's statement wasn't that bad, but it affected voters.

It's not a good times for unions. That's true. But what did they get us? I suggest you do a little research about mining conditions in this country in the 1900s. Because the way workers were treated, in terms of safety, not only no benefits but having to buy from company stores, wages, hours, and general working conditions was a national disgrace. What did unions get us? Well, for a lot of Americans, it got them pensions and protected the jobs they had.

I'd prefer we work at both -- getting the business environment friendly to business AND workers.
i am not disputing what unions did in the past, but these days they are flexing their muscle to enrich themselves and not the membership. the union leaders are corrupt, more so than they have been in the past.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:47 PM

10,067 posts, read 9,594,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
George W. Bush got us into the worst economic mess in decades. During the last few months of his presidency we were losing seven hundred thousand jobs a month. He couldn't even testify before Congress without Cheney's assistance.

McCain had the darling of the Tea party as his VP candidate. When interviewed Palin could not demonstrate a command of the issues. There was one report that she didn't even know what the Fed was. McCain was old and Palin would have been next in line.

Romney was another rich mans son. Usually the son's talent and drive don't match the father's. I won't however put him in the same class as Bush and Palin. We can trust that the middle class would not have done well with Romney.

Now we have Trump running. You Republicans must admit that his performance was **** poor the other night. He's nothing but a slick salesman with a couple of good ideas about trade but nothing more than that.

It's time for you to think about who you are making the most powerful person on Earth. FOX, Hannity, O'Reilly and Limbaugh shouldn't be doing your thinking for you. It's very important that you think for yourselves and do some independent research on these people who you choose to lead. The jury is no longer out on your poor choices for President and Vice President.
Ask the same about the democrat candidate. Both have horrible approval numbers.

Old 09-29-2016, 06:17 AM

16,234 posts, read 5,936,631 times
To be fair. Why can't democrats nominate someone who is honest?
It's a matter of opinion if Hillary is competent. Her track record is hardly praise worthy.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:22 AM

13,639 posts, read 21,488,010 times
This year might have been the first time I would have voted Democratic party but it was not to be because the party snubbed Jim Webb.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Webb

I remember the debate where he was the only one to say that the 2nd amendment was a individual right and people have a right to defend themselves and the crowd and other candidates scoffed at it.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:33 AM

5,108 posts, read 2,327,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
This year might have been the first time I would have voted Democratic party but it was not to be because the party snubbed Jim Webb.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Webb

I remember the debate where he was the only one to say that the 2nd amendment was a individual right and people have a right to defend themselves and the crowd and other candidates scoffed at it.
Me too, though not the first time part. I'm registered as a Republican, but only vote that way about half the time. The second and fourth amendments are important to me, so what a conundrum this election. Hillary the 2A anti, or Trump with his stop-and-frisk? (Hint - it won't be Hillary.) And before anyone says Gary Johnson, he picked Bill 'Assault Weapons Ban' Weld as a running mate and is dumber than a box of rocks.

Old 09-29-2016, 12:16 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,320,382 times
The KKK financially donates to Clinton and stared out as an activist arm of the Democrat party.

Democrats also firehosed black children to prevent segregation and stop blacks from getting school oportunities.

Democrats were also the slavers of blacks. No Republicans owned slaves; Republicans were responsible for freeing them from Democrats the first time before they went willingly back to their past jailers. Or as Hillary says, "those black super preditors."

Watch, if Trump is elected he will help blacks far more than Obama did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies