Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 10:56 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,504,434 times

Advertisements

"He also called out to Black Lives Matter, before taking the opportunity to plug his new record. Brown also says that it's "ironic" that police are at his home."

Nice he had time to promote his new record during the standoff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 12:03 AM

1,211 posts, read 2,678,567 times
This board is filled with racist, sociopathic white people. Forum boards expose you disgusting examples of humanity. Keep it up. The internet exposes your true thoughts.

Old 09-01-2016, 04:44 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,416,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Nope. Thats not a standoff. A standoff implies he was in his house resisting arrest.

No he told them to go get a warrant. They didnt have the right to search his home, thats all.

No, it doesn't imply he was resisting arrest:

Standoff - definition of standoff by The Free Dictionary

Words have meanings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
No that is what a standoff is. The media made that up.
"The media" used the word correctly. That fact that you attach other meanings to it is not the fault of "the media".

Old 09-01-2016, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
No.

No, what?

Quote:
Police can't enter without cause or a search warrant. They can also secure the scene until they get one.

Yes, that is precisely the genesis of the standoff. They were waiting to get a warrant and weren't going to let anyone leave until they had done their search.

Quote:
If Brown did have a duffle bag full of drugs and illegal guns he deserves his fate.

Yes.

Old 09-01-2016, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro.m View Post
This board is filled with racist, sociopathic white people. Forum boards expose you disgusting examples of humanity. Keep it up. The internet exposes your true thoughts.

"Filled with"? No. "Has some"? Yes.

Just like it has some racist, sociopathic black folks. And Hispanics. Probably a couple of Asians, too.

Old 09-01-2016, 08:23 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,184,455 times
Text Message May Prove That Chris Brown Was Set Up

Quote:
“Hey safari don’t you know this freak Chris brown is kicking me out of his house because I called his friend jewelry fake can you come get me my Uber is messing up if not I’m going to set him up and call the cops and say that he tried to shoot me and that will teach him a lesson I’m going to set his *** up. Lol come get me.”

Nothing new here, folks.

Old 09-01-2016, 08:29 AM

Police brutality ! He was targeted because he was black , not because he was a douchebag.
Did everyone forget his savage beating of Rihanna ?
Another oppressed millionaire in America , just like Kanye West .. Poor guys
They can't catch a break .

Old 09-01-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Police brutality ! He was targeted because he was black , not because he was a douchebag.
Did everyone forget his savage beating of Rihanna ?
Another oppressed millionaire in America , just like Kanye West .. Poor guys
They can't catch a break .
What does what he did to Rihanna 7 years ago have to do with this?

So he shouldn't get due process like everyone else, especially when more and more evidence is coming out that she made the entire thing up?

Oh that's right, you guys can never stay on subject and have to deflect and deflect when you have a Swiss cheese argument.

Old 09-01-2016, 08:41 AM

No , every case should be tried based on the current facts of the case . But his history , beating of Rihanna and other incidents shows he's not a great guy .

People trust you less once you've been known to do bad things .

Old 09-01-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
No , every case should be tried based on the current facts of the case . But his history , beating of Rihanna and other incidents shows he's not a great guy .

People trust you less once you've been known to do bad things .
Fair enough, but as you said, things should be based on current facts only.

I'm not really a CB fan, but it seems like he didn't do anything illegal or wrong here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies