Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 05:00 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,254,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You guys don't get it, the cops themselves would do it and a lot of them would fall over each to get picked for the assignment.

And none of this "the rank and file would never do it". That's bull****.

LOL! You don't know cops very well. I doubt there is a cop in my state that would volunteer to go door to door confiscating guns. It would likely be a short day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 05:01 PM

33,386 posts, read 35,014,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
If Trump loses, so many rights will go by the wayside you will not recognize this country.
not true, we would recognize the country, it will be called the USSA(united soviet states of america)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
All it would take for a very liberal Supreme Court is to decide that the right to keep and bear arms does not belong to the citizen, but belongs to the state Militia; and that would be the start of it.

You as the citizen no longer have the right to keep a weapon to defend your self.
that would depend on the state. if such a ruling were to come down from the scotus, then various states would just enact a law that states every citizen of the state is a member of the state militia, and as such is required to carry a firearm, with the exception of those that have either been convicted of a crime or have been committed, either voluntarily or forcefully, to a mental institution.

Old 08-11-2016, 05:18 PM

27,306 posts, read 16,305,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Exactly... I can just picture sending a bunch of highly motivated but subliterate, hyper sensitive snowflake millennials out to confiscate guns from hardened conservative gun owners in trailer parks and farms. LOL! Gawd I would love to see that on film.
It would not end well. The butt hurt confiscators would need permanent safe spaces.

Old 08-11-2016, 05:26 PM

45,855 posts, read 61,293,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
LOL! You don't know cops very well. I doubt there is a cop in my state that would volunteer to go door to door confiscating guns. It would likely be a short day.
Yeah I do know cops. If it means a choice assignment, strange ***** or permanent day shift they'd kiss the chief's ass at high noon on Main Street. The ones I know, and hunt with, love to confiscate guns. They get first call on found property.

Old 08-11-2016, 05:46 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,406,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The problem is if Trump wins the same will be true, just a different set of rights.
I don't think so. I think Trump being elected would finally get some real bi-partisan work out of the House and Senate all aimed at limiting the powers of the President.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:43 PM

19,822 posts, read 10,267,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Maybe in Maryland, but not in most of the country. The cops around here tell people to buy guns and get a carry permit to protect themselves.
The same in most of Missouri.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:48 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,400,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The same in most of Missouri.
The courts/cops are in the revenge business not the prevention business. They show up after the fact not before.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:09 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,363,290 times
I wouldn't go that far, but the conservative era of the SCOTUS is dead and gone.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:09 PM

18,011 posts, read 15,725,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Maybe in Maryland, but not in most of the country. The cops around here tell people to buy guns and get a carry permit to protect themselves.
Here in N , there jsng even close to enough cops go get gun confiscation even started. Even if every single cop in GBE stage were go go along with it. We are so spread out, and more people own guns than not. A confiscation ruling would just be laughed at. The government would need a huge force to even try, and the cops and even the NV and military here Wong be go excited a kjg such an order. Nationwide, its completely unenforceable. The amount of...civil disobedience... word leave the government with egg on its face.

Hell, when CA banned and called for all"assault weapons" to be turned in, hardly even a token number of people complied. If gbeh had started mocking in doors, kg would have, and still would, blow up in their face, and the politicians know it. So do the cops. All the gun banning progressive wet noodles can do is squeal like little piggys. Their dream of gun confiscation may leave their sheets in need of changing, come sunup. But that's about all the satisfaction they're going to get. The shear numbers of people giving the government the finger would get the point across, pretty fast.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:16 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,991,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
The courts/cops are in the revenge business not the prevention business. They show up after the fact not before.
Crime prevention by the police for the average individual is impossible. Anyone who thinks the police can protect them is a fool. You are correct that the entire criminal justice system is based on what happens AFTER a crime occurs.

We are all responsible for our own protection. I can't understand how lefties can think the police will be able to protect them from a home intruder in the middle of the night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies