Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 06:24 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times

Advertisements

Sure you are. Are you going to really commit and give up your (presumed) US citizenship and become a citizen of Ghana?

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be back soon once the honeymoon is over and it stops feeling like being on vacation.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:27 PM

1,548 posts, read 913,343 times
Good luck with aaaaaaallll that.

(Seinfeld style)

Old 08-01-2016, 06:39 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,232,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Only because you want to.....and if you don't....then don't. This is for black people with a certain consciousness about lifting blacks up by our bootstraps. I think that it would have a powerful impact to have at least ONE successful black county in this world, with above average global per capita living. That is a dream of mine....but I understand this video mindset very well. You probably have the adult version of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkpUyB2xgTM
You could not be more wrong. You have no idea what I "have"; you can only guess and assume.

What I DO have is an aversion to helping someone out solely based on skin color. Skin color is the most irrelevant thing in the world to me. I'm a black male from urban Philadelphia, and my best friend in the entire world is a white girl from rural Northeast PA. I have a lot of friends who are non-black. Why would I invest in someone I don't know based on skin color before I invest in those closest to me? If they want to be lifted up, they need to lift themselves up like I did. My mom was a single mom who successfully raised two boys (she later had two girls, but under better circumstances) in some of the worst ghettos in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. If I can do it, ANYONE can do it. All it takes is some determination, aversion to negative influences, self-confidence, and the mindset that "I can do ANYTHING I put my mind to".

Old 08-01-2016, 06:51 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Muslims make up 30% of the population.

No thanks.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:53 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
Also, one could very well ague the case of the US being a very hostle place for blacks, especially black men. If the OP is a black man I'd argue that he's more in danger of being shot in the US than in Ghana!
Well if they didn't commit a disproportionate amount of the violent crimes in this country then maybe they would face a lot less hostility. We all gotta live in peace, bro.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:53 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan2013 View Post
You could not be more wrong. You have no idea what I "have"; you can only guess and assume.

What I DO have is an aversion to helping someone out solely based on skin color. Skin color is the most irrelevant thing in the world to me. I'm a black male from urban Philadelphia, and my best friend in the entire world is a white girl from rural Northeast PA. I have a lot of friends who are non-black. Why would I invest in someone I don't know based on skin color before I invest in those closest to me? If they want to be lifted up, they need to lift themselves up like I did. My mom was a single mom who successfully raised two boys (she later had two girls, but under better circumstances) in some of the worst ghettos in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. If I can do it, ANYONE can do it. All it takes is some determination, aversion to negative influences, self-confidence, and the mindset that "I can do ANYTHING I put my mind to".
Skin color does not mean anything to me either. Dravidians from India have skin darker than most African Americans and I feel no special bond with them. I am an AFRICAN, biologically. We just happen to have dark skin, curly hair, broad noses, thicker lips....and yes....darker skin. When people discriminate, they are not discriminating against the color of skin.....they are discriminating against a race of people that they identify by the color of their skin, their facial features, their hair, etc. If it was just about skin color, white folks would not try so hard to be getting tans. It's not nor has it ever been about skin color, in and of itself.

Newton said that any object in a state of equilibrium, disturbed from its equilibrium by a force, will thus require an EQUAL AND OPPOSITE FORCE to put the object back in equilibrium. Ergo, if African people were targeted for oppression, that removed African people from equilibrium with humanity, then African people need an equal and opposite sort of targeting to put them back into equilibrium. The only reason that color has anything to do with it is because that was used to target the group for oppression....so the cure has to target the group for repair....based also upon color.

None of that means that you cannot have white friends, relationships or the other. I just choose to be the equal and opposite force. You don't...and I am cool with that. It's called freedom of choice. However, you cannot fix the mindset demonstrated in that video without focusing on color. What fixes that mindset is for all races of people to see/witness black success, black love, black intelligence, black righteousness, black beauty.....then maybe these young kids would not associate blackness with negativity and whiteness with rightness. That is where building a successful black model nation would go a long ways.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 08-01-2016 at 07:04 PM..

Old 08-01-2016, 07:02 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,232,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Skin color does not mean anything to me either. Dravidians from India have skin darker than most African Americans and I feel no special bond with them. I am an AFRICAN, biologically. We just happen to have dark skin, curly hair, broad noses, thicker lips....and yes....darker skin. When people discriminate, they are not discriminating against the color of skin.....they are discriminating against a race of people that they identify by the color of their skin, their facial features, their hair, etc. If it was just about skin color, white folks would not try so hard to be getting tans. It's not nor has it ever been about skin color, in and of itself.

Newton said that any object in a state of equilibrium, disturbed from its equilibrium by a force, will thus require an EQUAL AND OPPOSITE FORCE to put the object back in equilibrium. Ergo, if African people were targeted for oppression, that removed African people from equilibrium with humanity, then African people need an equal and opposite sort of targeting to put them back into equilibrium. The only reason that color has anything to do with it is because that was used to target the group for oppression....so the cure has to target the group for repair....based also upon color.

None of that means that you cannot have white friends, relationships or the other. I just choose to be the equal and opposite force. You don't...and I am cool with that. It's called freedom of choice.
Same here. I believe in the freedom of expression that is guaranteed by the First Amendment. That is why I will always give someone a platform to speak, even if I don't agree with their views. We may not agree with each other, and that's absolutely fine. I'm just naturally inquisitive and love a good exchange of ideas.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:10 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan2013 View Post
Same here. I believe in the freedom of expression that is guaranteed by the First Amendment. That is why I will always give someone a platform to speak, even if I don't agree with their views. We may not agree with each other, and that's absolutely fine. I'm just naturally inquisitive and love a good exchange of ideas.
I wish everyone happiness....first and foremost.....but I cannot rest with African people in the lowest state of socioeconomic on the planet. That is unacceptable for me and my first step was to lift my African self...then help other Africans.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:12 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,443,944 times
The U.S. isn't for everyone! Enjoy all that Africa has to offer.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:15 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,837 times
Who gives a ****? Leave already
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies