Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2016, 11:05 AM

33,386 posts, read 35,105,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post
Preferably, Accra, Ghana.

For the simple reason of: I'm tired of America,

1. I'm tired of Monsanto and the lack of organic food options.
2. I'm tired of thinking about race (if everyone was black it would never get brought up to me)
3. I'm tired of the lackluster nightlife. Clubs closing at 2-3 with no establishment for after parties.
4. I'm tired of the senseless laws, there are too many laws in America, I can't even sneeze without getting questioned. I've travelled and it's the LEAST free place I've ever lived in. I swear the government monitors your bank account and if they see you not spending money for a month, somehow, someway you get a $300 parking ticket or traffic violation.
5. Too empty. Where are all the people? Besides New York we have no mega city.
6. Individualistic, small families, too many people with mental health issues. I don't know why people can't just be happy here.
7. Awkward and uptight (probably comes from all our laws), have you spoken to a mainstream American?
8. I feel like 95 % of the people I meet are social constructions and they pride themselves on being like everyone else.
9. Never been a fan of the looks that the British, Nigerian, Mexican, Chinese or these admixtures of people have. From the European world, I like Spain and Portugal. From Africa, Ghana, Kenya and Ethiopia. Asia, s Korea, Cambodia, phillapines. Latin world, brazil and Columbia. Call me vain but it seems we in the US got all immigrants from unattractive countries.

Just giving my 2 cents.
dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

Old 08-03-2016, 11:06 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,638,595 times
There is some pretty good house music that comes out of Africa.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:10 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,943,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
There is some pretty good house music that comes out of Africa.
Yes Tribal house

Old 08-03-2016, 12:07 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,739,385 times
Funny thing, the only African I ever met was Algerian and she was white as snow. The Chinese are investing heavily on Africa buying up huge tracts for farming. If the OP wants all blacks perhaps Nigeria would be good as they have Boko Harem an all black radical muslim tribe.
Good luck. Write.

Old 08-03-2016, 02:35 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,941,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Funny thing, the only African I ever met was Algerian and she was white as snow. The Chinese are investing heavily on Africa buying up huge tracts for farming. If the OP wants all blacks perhaps Nigeria would be good as they have Boko Harem an all black radical muslim tribe.
Good luck. Write.
Odd comment IMO and it shows how little you know about the diversity of the African continent.

A large amount of the population of Northern Africa would be considered by people in America to be "white."

Nigeria though is not the only place where darker skinned people live in Africa...

Old 08-03-2016, 10:51 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,696,949 times
Default Greener Pastures ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Economic freedoms in the U.S. ???

Economic Freedom of the World | Cato Institute
"The United States, once considered a bastion of economic freedom, now ranks 12th in the world, tied with the United Kingdom at 7.81. Due to a weakening rule of law, increasing regulation, and the ramifications of wars on terrorism and drugs, the United States has seen its economic freedom score plummet in recent years, compared to 2000 when it ranked second globally."
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Read your link but am still unsure how the ops economic freedoms are impacted to an extent that its one of the motivating factors for him to leave the USA, In my own case i'm allowed to make as much money as i'm able and to spend it just about anyway i like,sounds like freedom to me.
You're right I should have waited for the op's response. The rank of 12 in the world, doesn't seem all that alarming. However, the second sentence could be a motivator.

While your case may not be unique, there are those who are less fortunate and struggle, just to make a buck.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:45 AM

371 posts, read 429,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Best of luck to you. Although, I worked with a black woman who visited Africa and was looked at as a curiosity because her facial structure was very different from those of Africans. She came home and never referred again to herself as African-American.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

I've already been to Accra Ghana once. Yea, African Americans come from Nigeria and are mixed with British, Scottish, and Irish blood mostly. Ghanians look very different. Small features, dark skin, robust and tight bodies, kinky hair. American blacks kind of look bleh compared to a lot of these Africans in their home countries, similar to how American whites look kind of bleh compared to their european counterparts.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:28 AM

27,601 posts, read 15,676,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
You do know that aficionados don't like African Americans either
In Africa African- Americans are likely just looked upon as just plain old Americans.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:29 AM

25,945 posts, read 16,735,363 times
Moving to Africa. I've heard do not make eye contact with the locals. The same goes for the wildlife in the jungle.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:30 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,797,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post
Preferably, Accra, Ghana.

For the simple reason of: I'm tired of America,

1. I'm tired of Monsanto and the lack of organic food options.
2. I'm tired of thinking about race (if everyone was black it would never get brought up to me)
3. I'm tired of the lackluster nightlife. Clubs closing at 2-3 with no establishment for after parties.
4. I'm tired of the senseless laws, there are too many laws in America, I can't even sneeze without getting questioned. I've travelled and it's the LEAST free place I've ever lived in. I swear the government monitors your bank account and if they see you not spending money for a month, somehow, someway you get a $300 parking ticket or traffic violation.
5. Too empty. Where are all the people? Besides New York we have no mega city.
6. Individualistic, small families, too many people with mental health issues. I don't know why people can't just be happy here.
7. Awkward and uptight (probably comes from all our laws), have you spoken to a mainstream American?
8. I feel like 95 % of the people I meet are social constructions and they pride themselves on being like everyone else.
9. Never been a fan of the looks that the British, Nigerian, Mexican, Chinese or these admixtures of people have. From the European world, I like Spain and Portugal. From Africa, Ghana, Kenya and Ethiopia. Asia, s Korea, Cambodia, phillapines. Latin world, brazil and Columbia. Call me vain but it seems we in the US got all immigrants from unattractive countries.

Just giving my 2 cents.

Don't get eaten by a lion or murdered by a warlord. Tarzan is not there to protect you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies