Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 06:05 AM

12,032 posts, read 6,563,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
If population trends continue, in 50 years the US will be majority Islamic. Europe will be in 30 years or less.
Statistics show that Hispanics will be the majority. We already have three states that are Hispanic or near Hispanic majority. It would be difficult for the Muslims to compete with the lead that Hispanics have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 06:33 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,897,524 times
Quote:
If population trends continue, in 50 years the US will be majority Islamic. Europe will be in 30 years or less.
I don't think it'll be Muslims because pushback's starting to happen against their kind in Europe NOW and, it's gonna get a LOT worse IMHO.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:41 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
OK, in looking at the topics and commentary with so much outrage, distrust and almost open revolt against the government it got me wondering what people really think.

How long do you think it will take for the US to become so crazy politically, racially and religiously that it bursts the seams and degenerates into separate countries?

Or will we just see a iron handed Stalinist type authoritarian tyranny form where anyone speaking out is sent to the gulag, or worse and the government has an overwhelming presence in every detail of life?

Or do you think things will somehow get better? If so how? How do we reconcile the growing divides between groups, beliefs and economic disparities? How do we get good, honest people to serve in office without turning power hungry?

Myself, I think that unless we see a sweeping shift of tolerance, a reduction of tyranical govt controls and some way to reduce crime and the effects of drugs without a police state, I say maybe 50 years before the whole place turns into some kind of european style chaos.

Right as Christmas is on our doorsteps, the economy will make a drastic dump.
Mark my words.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:54 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'll give my best guess as within 5 years. An allowed and orchestrated mini collapse, then a push for a tyrannical all powerful intrusive government that at least keeps people fed and basic services met. That will fail( rejected) and a broader collapse will result in chaos and the shake up and break up of the government as it implodes and is cast aside. Then we have the final hand played and things really get ugly. Depopulation.
Oh good, we won't have to wait too long for it to happen. It will be fun to see where we are in five years, should I bookmark your post?

Old 11-11-2015, 07:13 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
OK, in looking at the topics and commentary with so much outrage, distrust and almost open revolt against the government it got me wondering what people really think.

How long do you think it will take for the US to become so crazy politically, racially and religiously that it bursts the seams and degenerates into separate countries?

Or will we just see a iron handed Stalinist type authoritarian tyranny form where anyone speaking out is sent to the gulag, or worse and the government has an overwhelming presence in every detail of life?

Or do you think things will somehow get better? If so how? How do we reconcile the growing divides between groups, beliefs and economic disparities? How do we get good, honest people to serve in office without turning power hungry?

Myself, I think that unless we see a sweeping shift of tolerance, a reduction of tyranical govt controls and some way to reduce crime and the effects of drugs without a police state, I say maybe 50 years before the whole place turns into some kind of european style chaos.
Why judge the stability of a country by what a few thousand anonymous people post on Internet forums?

Are the divides really growing or does the Internet/ social media and 24/7 news cycles create and sustain these perceptions?

Fund raising for self and party is the number one job of a politician. Both Obama and Romney each raised about $1 billion in 2012. That's change compared to the amount of money that will be thrown at 2016.

People who donate serious money buy influence. There's a revolving door between Congress, lobbiests and think tanks.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Just silly.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:22 AM

19,017 posts, read 14,191,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Just silly.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_growth

"We have 50 million Muslims in Europe. There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe—without swords, without guns, without conquest—will turn it into a Muslim continent within a few decades."
- - - Qaddafi

Old 11-11-2015, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
if you take into account the way that the feds count unemployment, then yes unemployment is not high. but if you take into account the actual unemployment rate, then I believe it will be closer to 20%.
Labor participation rate?

It was lower for the 30 year period between the 1940's- 70's. It began to substantially increase in conjunction with baby boomers entering the workforce en mass. Labor participation peaked in the late 90's. It has been and will continue to decline ever since. It's not going to matter who sits the oval or holds the majority.

Aging of population

Fewer women in workforce

Fewer young adults in the workforce because more attend college than at any point in history.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_growth

"We have 50 million Muslims in Europe. There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe—without swords, without guns, without conquest—will turn it into a Muslim continent within a few decades."
- - - Qaddafi
What else would you expect a dictator to say to sustain a perception of power?

Old 11-11-2015, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Right as Christmas is on our doorsteps, the economy will make a drastic dump.
Mark my words.
Then what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies