Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 06:30 PM

51,637 posts, read 24,976,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, I'm sorry to tell you that nobody cares what you think either.

I believe this poll as much as I believe the moon is made of green cheese. What would account for the sudden shift in the above? As recently as 2013, polls (including Gallup) were showing that Americans were continuing to trend toward "pro-life." What changed?

I think this is pure propaganda. Something doesn't jibe with election results. And why the outrage over what we've been hearing about Planned Parenthood lately, and the overwhelming calls for Congress to defund PP? It makes no sense. Something is rotten in Denmark.

To believe this poll, you'd have to believe that President Obama was the most popular President in U.S. history, and that Planned Parenthood was a ministry of the Catholic Church, personally ordained by the Pope.

"[i]t’s the change in the questions those polls ask that should really raise eyebrows."
More Americans Pro-Life Than "Pro-Choice" in the Last Five Gallup Polls | LifeNews.com

Poll: 60 Percent of Americans Say Abortion is Morally Wrong - Breitbart
Do you ever read the articles you post, one which says, "Forty-seven percent of Americans describe themselves as pro-life, while 49 percent identify as pro-choice."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 07:37 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,536,285 times
Liberals reveal true selves here daily. It's little wonder most people think they're batshyte crazy.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:19 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,695,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Jeez Hyper, twice in one week about "Bible thumpers". Who peed in your Cherrios?
Thought I would give the RWNJs a taste of what their mindless partisan attacks looks like.

It's been quite amusing.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:32 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,424,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
They are not completely stupid, they know the math, that's why they are increasingly turning to voter disenfranchisement to make up the deficit
Only in Lenin's wet dream is a voter I.D. requirement voter disenfranchisement.

Second, nothing that the republicans could do would ever be able to trump the actual illegitimate subversion strategy of allowing millions of illegal immigrants across the border and then making them citizens, or codifying the 1965 immigration act that allowed and continues to allow tens of millions of people in the country who mostly and predictably vote democrat as a means of rent seeking against the majority.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:39 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,424,356 times
When social conservatives "go the way of the dodo", this country will reach peak disorganization, immorality, lawlessness, and political powerlessness. That liberals do not understand how their politics politically disenfranchises everyone makes them a danger to civilization. Oh, that reminds me, your extreme liberalism is the irresponsible experiment. Civilization was built on traditional moral structure. Good luck with the result. So far, the stats aren't looking good.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:54 PM

14,845 posts, read 8,272,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
The broad trend has been toward a shrinking conservative advantage.
The reason conservatives are losing, is because they refuse to see that Democracy is garbage, and that the entire public-education system(especially colleges), are nothing but leftist indoctrination facilities.

The reason liberals are morons, is because they have no idea what morality even is, nor do they have any appreciation whatsoever for the necessary role of morality in any society. They refuse to accept that their utopia, is not only impossible, but it isn't even desirable.

Functionally-speaking, liberals have become nothing but useful idiots, who support an ideology, which would ultimately be one of the most despotic systems of government imaginable, which would have no respect at all for human-life, and would cast all of humanity into a darkness which we may never escape.

I'm afraid that advances in weapon technology, may eventually make any resistance to state power, impossible.

Basically, everyone sucks. I hate you all.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:57 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,242,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
The reason conservatives are losing, is because they refuse to see that Democracy is garbage, and that the entire public-education system(especially colleges), are nothing but leftist indoctrination facilities.

The reason liberals are morons, is because they have no idea what morality even is, nor do they have any appreciation whatsoever for the necessary role of morality in any society. They refuse to accept that their utopia, is not only impossible, but it isn't even desirable.

Functionally-speaking, liberals have become nothing but useful idiots, who support an ideology, which would ultimately be one of the most despotic systems of government imaginable, which would have no respect at all for human-life, and would cast all of humanity into a darkness which we may never escape.

I'm afraid that advances in weapon technology, may eventually make any resistance to state power, impossible.

Basically, everyone sucks. I hate you all.

Old 10-18-2015, 05:31 PM

22,721 posts, read 24,821,601 times
I have no doubt that Democrats are truly superior politicians compared to the whimmmpy and fumbling Republicans. So yes, I see the Democrats are getting something close to unimpeachable control in the not too distant future.

Of course we can look to areas where the Democrats have been in total control, for decades, to see examples of the future under an even narrower and more insane Oligarchy.

Old 10-19-2015, 11:17 AM

17,468 posts, read 13,010,173 times
What depressing thread.......both sides are screwing us and we are arguing who is doing a better job!

The poll today at the WH shows all of this is working; The People are divided.

Old 10-19-2015, 11:54 AM

30,975 posts, read 21,799,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
By and large, so-called "gay rights" have been forced on us by the courts. Gays have always had the same rights as anyone else. They just didn't like the choices, because it didn't fit with their chosen lifestyle (which is perverted). So-called "gay 'marriage'" is a perfect example. They have always had the right to marry, just as anyone else. But, they didn't want to marry someone of the opposite sex (which is natural), but wanted to marry each other (someone of the same sex) instead. Most people disagreed with this, but the courts forced it on state after state (no matter the vote of the people) until finally the Supreme Court declared it to be a "right."
So if you were or are single, would you love to take advantage of your right to get married by marrying a lesbian? What you're doing is advocating people getting married to others who they are not interested in a sex partner. As long as the government is not requiring that, it's not being forced upon you.

About straights, do you think if they like to indulge in oral and/or anal sex that they should not get married?

But the reality of it is the majority of the people don't want to make it their business to decide who other people love and marry. That's a big reason why the majority of the people are not opposed to same sex marriage.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 10-19-2015 at 12:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies