Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2015, 07:59 AM

25,857 posts, read 16,563,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
"Press 1 for English" for one.
I wouldn't trade 1 Hispanic immigrant for 1000 Somalis. The Hispanic guys I work with are some of the best people we have. Hard workers, great sense of humor and they don't whine or complain about anything.

They were all born in this country so are as American as you or me, but their culture is solid.

Somalis....their culture is pure garbage. They should NOT be allowed in this country. They bring nothing to the table except problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 09:03 AM

659 posts, read 313,216 times
"If I truly want to experience a foreign culture in every way I will visit that foreign country. I don't need it in my face 24/7."

I truly have to wonder who it is that has foreign culture "in their face 24/7" and why they seem so bothered by foreign culture.

I live where tourists from all over the world can be heard as they walk the streets, and I enjoy the sounds of those people enjoying their stay. I can't really tell who are tourists and who are locals, but there are plenty of both with foreign tongues. Still, I don't feel any sort of lack for my culture or the things one might consider American.

Scratch below the surface of these anti-foreigner sentiments, and I think what you really have is evidence of people who don't much care for people who are not like them. Pretty much plain and simple.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:05 AM

"You can condemn whomever you want. The point is that we don't need people bringing the worst aspects of Middle Eastern culture here to the States."

Reminds me a bit of the Lady Liberty!

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

When you open your doors to immigrants, you can't only expect those with money, but the poor as well. Not only the good people but the others too.

There are nearly 3 million Muslims in the U.S.

All considered, I don't agree with the notion that "the worst aspects of Middle Eastern culture" came with them.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:06 AM

63,019 posts, read 29,229,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by And D View Post
"If I truly want to experience a foreign culture in every way I will visit that foreign country. I don't need it in my face 24/7."

I truly have to wonder who it is that has foreign culture "in their face 24/7" and why they seem so bothered by foreign culture.

I live where tourists from all over the world can be heard as they walk the streets, and I enjoy the sounds of those people enjoying their stay. I can't really tell who are tourists and who are locals, but there are plenty of both with foreign tongues. Still, I don't feel any sort of lack for my culture or the things one might consider American.

Scratch below the surface of these anti-foreigner sentiments, and I think what you really have is evidence of people who don't much care for people who are not like them. Pretty much plain and simple.
Who the heck is talking about tourists?

Old 09-30-2015, 09:09 AM

30,494 posts, read 19,263,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I wouldn't trade 1 Hispanic immigrant for 1000 Somalis. The Hispanic guys I work with are some of the best people we have. Hard workers, great sense of humor and they don't whine or complain about anything.

They were all born in this country so are as American as you or me, but their culture is solid.

Somalis....their culture is pure garbage. They should NOT be allowed in this country. They bring nothing to the table except problems.
Agree and I would say it a bit differently. I'd rather have 30 million Hispanic illegals we have than the 850K Muslims (Somalis, Syrians, or other Muslims) that Merkel is allowing and it's not even close. Hispanics are integrating into American society and pose no threat of a major change in our laws or culture. To Muslims, the Germans, other Europeans, Americans, etc. are Infidels lower than dogs.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:12 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,328,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I can't remember the last time I saw a Latino in Taco Bell, Qdoba, or the other Mexican-style eateries.
I see them all the time here in north Texas. On both sides of the counter.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:17 AM

"If you don't know/understand the difference between having varied cuisines to select from for dinner and a challenge to our Western liberal democracy and ideas re human rights, then there really isn't much point in explaining anything to you, is there?"

I merely pointed at just one aspect of culture difference having to do with cuisine. I could go on quite a while about other cultural differences, but it seems the real issue is whether we embrace these differences or object to them.

What are the threats from immigrants to Western liberal democracy or human rights that are feared here? Perhaps there is a point in explaining this to me (and everyone else).

Old 09-30-2015, 10:45 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,377,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by And D View Post

Right on!

"Wanting to preserve your way of life does not make you racist or fascist?" Well if you impose your views on others, belittle their culture, and stereotype them - you may be.

Old 09-30-2015, 10:51 AM

"Who the heck is talking about tourists?"

Tourists are people of foreign cultures, and I think foreign cultures is at least a good part of the subject at hand here, the exposure to them. Either way, I mentioned the tourists around me, because I can't always tell if they are tourists or locals, but same applies and/or who cares?

Good people are good people regardless where they are from. Same with the bad people. Good vs bad is about the only distinction that really matters all considered.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:00 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,329,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
If people have the right to live wherever they want...

then why do we have Forced Immigration? Forced Integration and Forced Assimilation taking place around the world in White only countries?

nobody care to answer???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies