Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2015, 09:47 AM

59,543 posts, read 27,839,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Here in NC taxes have been flattened and the UE has been rising. The State govt. has removed all incentives to create growth. The average tax payer is now paying more in taxes then ever. The flat tax has helped the top 1% and hurt the rest of the state.

Real estate tax rates are going up, sales taxes are going up, property tax rates are going up, all those nice fees (republican for taxes) have gone up.

The State GA (both controlled by Republicans.) is unable to pass a budget and has caused locals to stop in their tracks.
They do not know how to govern and the lower tax rates only help a very small group.
"Real estate tax rates are going up, sales taxes are going up, property tax rates are going up,"

I also live in NC and have NOT experienced what you say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2015, 09:55 AM

89,820 posts, read 45,513,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Real estate tax rates are going up, sales taxes are going up, property tax rates are going up,"

I live in NC now, too. Let me just say this... For the same value home as I had in the Chicago suburbs, I'm paying only 1/3 of my Illinois amount in property taxes in NC. 1/3.

Old 08-15-2015, 10:21 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,165,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Just for one instance, pretend the government didnt need ANY money, and there was a 0% tax rate..

How the FK is ALLOWING PEOPLE TO KEEP THEIR OWN MONEY, TRICKLE DOWN?

You guys have EVERYTHING backwards.. its embarrassing some people are this dam dumb..

People KEEPING THEIR OWN MONEY is NOT trickle down, unless you assume the money ISNT THEIRS..
I'm really not sure what to tell you.... First of all taxes (that thing you probably call theft) have been around for thousand of years in order to direct capital for infrastructure, militaries, and for those well positioned to skim off of.

Second of all, trickle down/supply side/Reaganomics all have in common is the principle that letting the "producers" keep more of their money will cause domestic job creation from them investing. Globalization and the dawn of a new technological era is making it more fruitful to expand outside of the US in varying instances over the last decade(s).

Old 08-15-2015, 10:26 AM

44,252 posts, read 64,732,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
If taxes are at some of their lowest levels in history, and the wealthiest in this country are richer than ever, why hasn’t the growth in the wealth of the middle class matched that of the top 2%?

#Exposing Republican Lies#
Whose taxes went down? Mine went way UP.

Old 08-15-2015, 11:25 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,165,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So, we have two problems each that can be argued to have been set up by the two previous administrations. One (R) and one (D). It's just amazing to me that so many only want to blame one party. What this says to me is there really is no concern for those struggling but the entire concern is with a political party and that's pretty distasteful.
Both sides have their hand in it. I'm just less inclined to agree with the right's economic principles post-Clinton.

Quote:
At least here you come a little close in condemning the recent actions. I benefited also but not really. Sure my 401k is higher and I could get a car loan at almost free money but prices have shot up and the country is in a mess. My gains were not worth it. The actions are really hurting the millions in the lower middle and lower classes.
The middle and lower classes have been hurting before Obama, it's just more pronounced now. Wages have been stagnating for decades, benefits have been reducing for decades, and cost of living has been rising. On top of that, Americans have a lot of private debt.

There's a good deal of self infliction with market forces increasingly putting developed countries' workers at a disadvantage. We need to shore up entitlements, reform how we do welfare, rebuild our infrastructure, and reform and simplify the tax code from a governmental policy standpoint.

Quote:
The left could have stopped that from happening. It's not believable to complain about it now.
Not really.

Old 08-15-2015, 11:44 AM

9,634 posts, read 6,074,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Whose taxes went down? Mine went way UP.

Note how many of America's more prosperous years were during times of high income tax rates.

High tax rates encourage the building of factories as they can be used as write-offs.

Low tax rates don't encourage the building of factories, as taxes are already lower (of course they'll still build factories, but not as many).

Trickle down doesn't work, high taxes do. An intelligent, rich business man never pays the top tax rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
If taxes are at some of their lowest levels in history, and the wealthiest in this country are richer than ever, why hasn’t the growth in the wealth of the middle class matched that of the top 2%?

#Exposing Republican Lies#
As your incomes goes up...

Do you spend more?

or save more?

/thread

Old 08-15-2015, 11:49 AM

44,252 posts, read 64,732,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post

/thread

Because of Obama's stupid definitions of who's rich, I am getting hit and phased out of everything without the rich guy "loopholes."

Old 08-15-2015, 11:56 AM

16,785 posts, read 8,305,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Rowan county increased Real Estate Tax rates using the old line that it was revenue neutral, increased sales taxes to adjust for lost state funding, increased property rates.

Check out your county and if you live in a city the city rates.

Between these and the loss of deductions in the state flat tax the majority of the state has seen less of their income. GOP = fiscal conservative not in my lifetime.

Old 08-15-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post

Because of Obama's stupid definitions of who's rich, I am getting hit and phased out of everything without the rich guy "loopholes."
You're not comprehending my post. I'm not saying your taxes haven't gone up/down, except tax rates as a whole have gone lower.

Yes, there is group of Americans earning enough to fall in the upper brackets but not earning enough to get the breaks. That's the upper-middle class sliver.

But overall it's not just about that sliver of taxpayers, it's about the system as a whole.

Old 08-15-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Rowan county increased Real Estate Tax rates using the old line that it was revenue neutral, increased sales taxes to adjust for lost state funding, increased property rates.

Check out your county and if you live in a city the city rates.

Between these and the loss of deductions in the state flat tax the majority of the state has seen less of their income. GOP = fiscal conservative not in my lifetime.
It's all smoke and mirrors. They do it however they need to in order to get their tax dollars.

The local assessors had the courage to suggest I let them inside my home claiming that a proper assessment will help me get the right price were I to sell it.

Anyone owning a home it should be common sense that the assessed taxation value and the actual market value have nothing to do with one another. If anything, a low assessed value is a positive for your home. When I bought mine it appraised at $65,000 more than I paid for it. Few years later I put it's market value at $115,000 more than its assessed value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies