Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 05:28 AM

6,416 posts, read 6,343,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I don't care what adults do to themselves, I DO care when people allow children to make decisions that will greatly alter their life, and cannot be undone.

Isn't it YOUR hero who says, "It takes a village". Now you don't want the village to speak up?

Once again, liberals: the hypocrisy party.
Sorry, but it is quite clear that the hypocrisy is coming from those who are the first to scream "get out of my health care!" And then turn around to interfere with the health care of others.

"It takes a village" mentallity is about nurturing children and not about judgement. This is a medical/psychological issue. So unless this whole "village" has the proper credentials AND has examined this particular child, the village has no place here.

This includes my own "villager's" personal opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 09:27 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,334,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
A child cutting his penis off at the age of 16 in 1971 wasn't an issue -- And you never addressed the fact that they are suddenly allowed to now - The consent deal isn't the problem - it's the presumed ability to self mutilate - Even some of my Gay friends are against it at that age ...

I find the fact that you ignore that even Gay parents are at odds with this to be quite telling --
So basically you are just against the idea of gender reassignment. Which truth be told, it doesn't matter because it wouldn't be your choice to make. They are allowed to now because this law went into effect in January. The age of consent law went into effect in 1971. This is extremely simple for anyone to understand.

What your fictional gay friends have a problem with isn't a concern of mine.

Old 07-12-2015, 10:55 AM

51,515 posts, read 24,857,944 times
Some of you get so wrapped up in your "Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord" culture wars (on both sides), that you miss what is a more important than the politics of the issue.

Having spent a lifetime as a teacher and principal working with teenagers, the bottom line is that the typical teenager doesn't have a sense of judgement to make such a momentous decision, particularly without the consent of parents. There's a reason we don't let 15 year olds drive, go to an X rated movie, buy booze or MJ, etc. They don't generally have the maturity and judgement to be able to handle it.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:18 AM

89 posts, read 147,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
The sad irony of the story is that you can be a parent with a child who thinks he or she is the wrong gender, and that child can go have his or her genitals permanently altered with YOUR tax dollars. And all of this can occur without your knowledge.

Liberals truly are ruining this once great country.
And a 15 year old can get pregnant, have a child and feed, house, have medical care free for life, free babysitters, etc. all with YOUR tax dollars.

At 15 you can also choose to end a pregnancy through an abortion without parental consent using YOUR tax dollars.

I'm not saying this law is right or wrong, I am saying that I think there are too many things minors are allowed to do without parental consent these days. Yet they can't buy a pack of cigarettes legally at 15 or get a driver's license. Things today seem too out of balance.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:35 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,999,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Some of you get so wrapped up in your "Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord" culture wars (on both sides), that you miss what is a more important than the politics of the issue.

Having spent a lifetime as a teacher and principal working with teenagers, the bottom line is that the typical teenager doesn't have a sense of judgement to make such a momentous decision, particularly without the consent of parents. There's a reason we don't let 15 year olds drive, go to an X rated movie, buy booze or MJ, etc. They don't generally have the maturity and judgement to be able to handle it.

I find it disturbing parents are allowing their 15 yr olds to get tattoos, what next 9 yr olds!

Old 08-27-2015, 10:43 AM

906 posts, read 716,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Nice to know you would toss your 15 year old child into the street. Good parenting there. You're the reason suicide rates are so high amongst the trans population - poor psychosocial support.

You don't deserve to have children.
My child wouldnt be in that position in the first place. Its ironic you say that considering who my child will be.

It was the best of times, it was the end of times, he came like a thief in the night.
To restore the holy sacraments holy, to vindicate the faithful, to set the world right.
Spread the word, spread the news, his return is imminent.
To you he's your king, to me hes also my infant.

To whom do you imagine you speak?

Old 08-27-2015, 02:45 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,486,252 times
Oregon is going to have a serious problem with mental illness in these individuals who do this at such a young age. When they smarten up many will think "What the hell have I done" and will have to live with it....or not..

Old 08-27-2015, 03:04 PM

31,418 posts, read 22,399,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Gender dysphoria is not going to kill them unless it drives them to suicide. There is NO reason a 15 year old child cannot wait three years until attaining majority before undergoing such a permanent procedure.
"Gender dysphoria is not going to kill them unless it drives them to suicide. "

Isn't that how they are selling their plan: "If they don't get their surgery or drugs" they will all commit suicide
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies